Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hell's Kitchen 2

Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 2

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    As someone who was trained in the culinary arts and has worked in busy commercial kitchens, here are my thoughts:

I hope Keith doesn't win. He can cook, but he's kind of ... duh. He always has this dazed look on his face. I can't see him running a restaurant. He doesn't seem terribly motivated.

Heather works hard, but her crying every time someone doesn't like what she does is getting on my nerves. Suck it up, for god's sake!

Virginia needs more experience working the line, but she is creative and she can come up with good ideas really quickly. I'd like to see her win ... I think she could really go somewhere if given the proper training and the opportunity. The winner has the option to apprentice under Ramsay ... he could turn her into a top-notch chef. She has the potential and the motivation.

AMEN!
    I agree with everything you said.

ps. I hated Sara - it was a pleasure to see "the silly cow" booted.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I equate Heathers's crying with being passionate about her trade. Chefs want/need you to enjoy what is being presented to you. A true chef pours their heart and soul into each dish they create. I have worked in fine dining a number of years, I know this much.

Virginia is an idiot. She proved it by not even being able to keep up in a VEGETABLE section. That was the epitome of pathetic. I have seen dishwashers given a vegetable section when shorthanded who did better.

For as much as I disliked Sara, she deserved to be there longer than Virginia.

Sara was a lying backstabber who couldn't cook squat and didn't know diddly about teamwork ... I'm surprised she stayed as long as did. She didn't give a shit about anything and that was totally apparent from the beginning.

She didn't deserve to make it past the first show.

Just my opinion.

Regarding Virginia and the vegetable station ... cooking vegetables properly and having to cook them all to order for every single diner, as she had to do, isn't easy. She even admitted when she got overwhelmed that she needed help. That doesn't make her an idiot. Frankly, it's better to have someone ask for help than struggle alone or just give up ... like Tom, for example. Again, all she needs is some experience working the line. She even said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Sara was a lying backstabber who couldn't cook squat and didn't know diddly about teamwork ... I'm surprised she stayed as long as did. She didn't give a shit about anything and that was totally apparent from the beginning.

She didn't deserve to make it past the first show.

Just my opinion.

Regarding Virginia and the vegetable station ... cooking vegetables properly and having to cook them all to order for every single diner, as she had to do, isn't easy. She even admitted when she got overwhelmed that she needed help. That doesn't make her an idiot. Frankly, it's better to have someone ask for help than struggle alone or just give up ... like Tom, for example. Again, all she needs is some experience working the line. She even said as much.

But that is my point. As someone wanting to own/run a restaurant and call themselves a chef, you are supposed to know the basics. Of all the cooking stations, vegetable is the easiest - it just is. She was overwhelmed with vegetables - what would she have done if she was on the meat station? A restaurant is not run well by people admitting they can't handle a station; it's run successfully by someone who knows all aspects of the kitchen. She doesn't deserve this opportunity.

I completely agree with what you said about Keith. But I think he deserves the opportunity more than Virginia. I like Heather for this because she is passionate about cooking; she is good at what she does; she understands a kitchen and its workings (she is a sous chef afterall - she does have that advantage)

I'm sorry, but Virginia is an idiot. Does anyone remember episode 1 or 2 when she said she was "miscombobulated"? Uh, the word is DIScombobulated. That sealed it for me, and I lost what ever remaining respect I had for her. I HATE HATE HATE how she always flirts with Ramsay. And that photo of her in episode 1 where she's in the kitchen putting on make-up? Dumb ho. She may be creative, but she's an idiot.

Heather, however, is the bee's knees. She's been my pick from the start: she's passionate, she's committed, she's good, she's got it all. And she ain't no crybaby, far from it. Hmph! She'd make a far, far better candidate for the Vegas restaurant than that airhead Virginia.

I now have a HK screen saver with Gordon on my right

No matter who wins, they'll have TONS of help or be offered to train under Gordon like the last guy.

http://www.bodognation.com/celebrity...es-it-out.html

"The Low Down on Ramsay
    According to popmatters.com, the acclaimed and infamous Gordon Ramsay may have reasons for his irate, unforgiving attitude on "Hell's Kitchen". Raised in England by an alcoholic father who was obsessed with having his children play professional soccer for his hometown club, The Mighty Glasgow Rangers, Ramsay was under intense pressure at a young age. He was offered a position by his father's beloved team at 17, but after a knee injury was released by the Rangers at 19.
    The Rangers offered Ramsay a position on their lower-division team and Ramsay declined, despite being pushed by his father. Instead, he took his mother’s advice and enrolled in catering school and thus, Ramsay’s father left the family. Ramsay retaliated by enjoying amazing success: publishing nine books, opening Michelin-starred restaurants and now starring in multiple reality-TV cooking shows.
    He fared much better against his father's abusive ways than his brother, Ronnie, who became addicted to heroin."

I just want to help this poor man heal his childhood wounds!

LOL@ K-greasy, oy!

Good for you, Gordie. Good for you! And thanks, Luna, for that tidbit of info.

Keith gets booted and has the balls to tell Ramsay it's because he thinks Ramsay's got a hard-on for Virginia...Bahahhahaha...

LOL I'm glad Keith got booted, his personality was "shite" and he couldn't give the orders.
    Virginia is SO whiney and lacks confidence but she did well last night and seems to be the most creative chef.
    Heather THINKS she's better than she actually is, her attitude suits the business but she's not very good.

I wonder if Virginia did see Ramsay's recipee or if she is that good.

I wonder if Virginia did see Ramsay's recipe or if she is that good.

On the Hell's Kitchen forum, one of the posters has all of Ramsay's cookbooks and says the dish he had the three recreate is not in any of them.

^Thank you aabbcc!

My husband pointed out that Heather and Keith are both smokers where as Virginia is not therefore her pallat is likely more tuned in to all the flavoring.
    To me, if she indeed was able to recreate his dish by taste, she is the best chef.
    Obviously who ever wins will have heavy assistance in running the Vegas restaurant. My vote goes to Virginia even if my Gordy has a hard on for her.

When I finally got to see last night's repeat of last weeks episode. I noticed he kissed Sara goodbye, that's a first! I pointed out to my hubby that my kiss was way better!

I don't know what it is about him but I now have a screen saver with Gordon and Hell's Kitchen. He's not good looking at all and I rarely get worked up over celebs or really any men besides my guy, but there is just something!

I like the shows, but I actually can't picture any of the final three running a restaurant in Vegas.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I like the shows, but I actually can't picture any of the final three running a restaurant in Vegas.

Final two...

Actually, if you look at their qualifications, Heather is a sous chef - which are what MaryAnn and Scott are (Ramsay's assistants). I think MaryAnn and/or Scott could easily run a restaurant. If Heather was familiar with Ramsay on a more personal/professional level, she would run a restaurant with ease; so I believe.

Virginia is a garde manger (salad chef - one who deals exclusively with cold dishes). She would need to go to school to learn what Heather already knows. She is there by luck, not qualifications.

Virginia is still there because she has potential. She wants to learn and she wants to be good at what she does. So far, she's been the only one to look at her performance at the end of the day and say - what can I do to make myself better?

I hope she wins. If she does, she will probably go with the option to apprentice under Ramsay ... she's already said she knows she's not ready to run her own place.

In my opinion, even if she isn't picked next week, she was the clear winner this season. I think she was the only one who actually got anything worthwhile from the experience.

I hope Virginia loses. She ain't ready, and I hate whiny bitches. HATE THEM!! Especially the whiny, flirty type. *gags*

Besides, Heather's been my pick from Day One. Go Heather! Woot woot!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information