Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: HBO's "Girls"

The last scene was so cheesy but I liked it. I want Hannah and Adam to get back together. They are both eccentric and weird and make a great couple.

I want them back together because they're a train wreck. But it's fun to watch.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah I want them together too. Those two crazy kids deserve some happiness. I hope the restraining order isn't still in effect.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thursday, April 4th 2013
    The Hottest Boy On Girls Quits Girls

I should correct that title. Personally, I think that Adam is the hottest guy on Girls, because I'm gross and have a thing for long-faced, Afghan Hound-looking dudes who look like they smell like snots and always have crusty sleepies in their eyes. Glad I could clear that up.
    Page Six says that Christopher Abbott, who plays Charlie on Girls, figuratively flipped Lena Dunham off, pushed the emergency exit and slid down the inflatable yellow slide to freedom. A source says that as soon as shooting for season 3 started, Charlie and Lena Dunham started fighting about the direction of his character. Season 2 ended (SPOILER ALERT) with Charlie getting back together with the oh-so-pube-pulling-annoying Marnie after he got rich from inventing some app. Christopher Abbot's rep confirmed that he's not going to be on the show next season:
    “[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire ‘Girls’ cast and crew, but right now he’s working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show.”
    A rep for HBO said that Lena Dunham will slap a black curly wig on her right tit and it will resume the role of Charlie.

Posted by: Michael K
    39 comments

GirlsQuit This Bitch
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Aw no I actually liked him
    arie_skop likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

When you're on a hit show that's also loved critcally, and you're a relative unknown, I think you can swallow your pride a bit when it comes to creative differences. Not a great move to quit over character directions, IMO, and kind of dicky to do when you're a kind of main character and you quit right as they're filming the new season.

I wonder what actually happened, bad move to leave the show during filming.

I wonder if he will be replaced by another actor, because the script is probably already written for Season 3?

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Look, I think Lena is a cute girl, but I find it very hard to believe every man Hannah meets wants to bang her.
    This. I just got around to watching this show. I'm in the middle of season 2 and I just had to turn it off in the middle of the episode where the hot doctor she just met (because she was dumping trash in his cans) wants to bang her...that just went way far beyond my ability to suspend disbelief. Like the hot pharmacist in her hometown. The cute republican guy who was only on for 2 episodes. It's just not the way life works. It's like she's living her own personal fantasy through her show.

Other things like saying she's only 13 lbs overweight--I mean, yeah make a statement on the issue of body image, how we should be accepting of all types of bodies all that but come on. That's more than 13 lbs. And how she said she's got a lot of anxiety problems ("I feel things a lot more deeply/get hurt a lot more than other people")--and then she just sits on the sand eating cake after a hellish night of getting lost and robbed with no way home. I don't think so.

I want to like her but Hannah is not a likeable character in a lot of ways, so entitled and self-involved. I want to smack some sense and gratitude into her.
    laynes and palta like this.

I agree Beyotch. I have such a love-hate relationship with this show. Part of me is looking forward to the start of season 3 and the other part is scared that my daughter and her friends watch this and might think that it actually has some connection to reality.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I watched those interviews and read more articles about the show to see other perspectives on it. One pointed out how it was very much a "whitewashed NYC" with no non-white characters in the first season except for some bum that says something to Hannah. In the interview, Lena was acknowledging the lack of diversity and saying she's going to address it in the 2nd season. And suddenly it all made sense why Sandy, the only black guy, was only on for 2 episodes before they got rid of him.

Someone observed how the narrow scope of #privilegedwhitepeopleproblems is a turn-off, and I agree. I think even privileged white people might have a problem with being reduced to a bunch of spoiled, whiny girls. Which, whatever, that's Dunham's experience so of course that's what the show is about.

What really bothers me is how much acclaim this show got, the awards it got, made it seem like it would be a lot better. Now that I've seen it I think, REALLY? This was worthy of Golden Globes? Makes me conclude it's just the Apatow association and hype that got it this far, not so much the content. The voice of this new generation she is not. An entire generation can't possibly be this spoiled and entitled.

The more I think about it the more it ticks me off.

^I think the show had potential at the beginning of the first season, when Hannah's parents announced to her that they weren't going to financially support her anymore, and she had to face the 'real world' instead of focusing on her writing. The other girls were also interesting, Jessa in particular IMO.
    But all that got lost along the way and now we got 'the Dunham show'.
    Her character is supposed to be annoying, but I just hate her and don't care about her at all.
    Needless to say, I am not going to watch the next season.

Yes. I want to shake her and tell her "people hate your character for valid reasons, she SUCKS as a person and she (YOU) should work on that."

It's everything that's wrong with the culture of raising your child as a snowflake.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, every guy who meets me wants to have sex with me. Especially the men whose trash cans I use.
    Trixie and palta like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

fgg

Lena Dunham Defends Girls Nudity: If You're Not Into Me, 'That's Your Problem'

Girls star Lena Dunham is standing by her screen time in the buff.

The actress, who has earned both praise and criticism for dropping trou in her hit HBO comedy, got into a heated exchange Thursday when, during a panel discussion at a Television Critics Association event in Pasadena, Calif., a reporter pressed her about the nudity featured on the show.

"I don't get the purpose of all of the nudity on the show ... Your character is often naked just at random times for no reason," the reporter remarked, which prompted a pointed response from Dunham.

"It's because it's a realistic expression of what it's like to be alive, I think, and I totally get it," the actress, 27, said. "If you are not into me, that's your problem, and you're going to have to work that out with professionals."

Immediately, show producer Judd Apatow, who was also on hand during the panel talk, jumped in to defend Dunham and took the journalist to task, Entertainment Weekly reports.

"That was a very clumsily stated question that's offensive on its face, and you should read it and discuss it with other people how you did that," Apatow added. "It's very offensive."

Apatow later discussed the question after the session, calling it "sexist" and "misogynistic."

Controversy notwithstanding, Girls has struck a chord with loyal viewers: Its third season premieres on Sunday, and HBO has already ordered a fourth season of the hit comedy.

Lena Dunham Defends Girls Nudity: If You're Not Into Me, 'That's Your Problem' - Girls, Girls, Judd Apatow, Lena Dunham : People.com

i'm excited about getting two new shows this weekend! my bf and i stayed in bed all day on new year's day and we watched the first two seasons straight through.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

"I don't get the purpose of all of the nudity on the show ... Your character is often naked just at random times for no reason," the reporter remarked, which prompted a pointed response from Dunham.
    That reporter is an a-hole.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information