Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: HBO's "Girls"

I have only just got round to actually watching this show and I love it! I've raced through the first season and six eps of the second. The way Marnie ended things with Charlie reminds me exactly of how I split up with my first serious boyfriend - the whole 'weird uncle' thing, to a T. Though I didn't split up with him during sex, can I add. I can't help but want those two to get back together though, after she's realised he is good for her and he's realised she doesn't need to be smothered.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I'm not a regular watcher of the show, but I think it is pretty good and very original. The characters all seem to have serious mental and/or emotional issues. To the point where just watching them talk to each other is an amusing cringe-fest.

I was really enjoying the episode where the two guys were trying to return the dog. Hannah's ex is almost flat-out insane and has very infrequent fits of lucidity and insight. The other guy is like an edgier version of Ray Romano.

I loved the guy's criticism of Staten Islanders. I've heard these putdowns before from Brooklyn people, but he was really funny about it. I laughed when he said he once turned down a threesome - just because the women were from Staten Island.

Then, when he gets the dog to the owner's house (Staten Islander) and he is confronted by his wild-ass daughter her rapid-fire insults were amazing. Then, to see him defend himself from a religious epithet by saying "I'm not Jewish; I'm Greek Orthodox!" Awesome.
    sluce likes this.

The dialogue between those two guys were awesome, very funny.

I wish they would show more of Jess, her character is so interesting. I'm curious to see how they develop her character now after her failed marriage.

Mohansad - did you watch the interview with Lena after that episode? It was funny as she talked about why they had it focus so much on the guys.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Mohansad - did you watch the interview with Lena after that episode? It was funny as she talked about why they had it focus so much on the guys.
    No, I had no idea. I saw a repeat, and I could have sworn that at the episode it rolled right into another show. I would be interested in what she had to say.

Every episode has an interview with Lena when you watch it On Demand.

I am finally watching the episode from last week and it's so weird seeing Rosanna Arquette as Jessa's stepmom.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Since this show is the next big thing and all, I watched a few episodes, then had to go back and watch from the beginning and now I'm finally caught up to date. Hmmm. I think if I had to spend any more time with these girls, I'd probably go insane but it kept me interested anyway.

All the talk about Lena/Hannah and her nudity, honestly I can handle Hannah nude better than I can handle her clothed. I mean WTF is up with her wardrobe?? It's like she saved her clothes from junior high and even though everything is two sizes too small and ugly as hell she still wears it. There is NO way that girl had a gay ex-bf/roommate and leaves the house dressed like that, what self-respecting gay would allow it? That shortalls number she wore in the episode with Dr. Josh-u-a with the bottoms riding up her ass, I couldn't wait for her to get naked. And I heard an interview with Lena where she said they alter Hannah's clothes specifically to make them more ill-fitting. Huh? NOT quirky, just horrid. [/rant]

Can't wait for her and Adam to get back together. They're even crazier apart, if that's possible.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Look, I think Lena is a cute girl, but I find it very hard to believe every man Hannah meets wants to bang her.

Especially in those clothes!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Her clothing makes me cringe too. I hated the episode last night. I found myself wanting to shove the Qtip deeper for her.
    Trixie and Karistiona like this.

I love the show but it also makes me feel really uncomfortable every time. Last episode I had to fast forward three scenes: Marnie's singing at the party, Adam making his new girlfriend crawl and then licking her ass (?) and of course Lena digging in her ears with a Q-tip. It's an unusual show.

i watched that last episode. i thought marnie singing was fucking hilarious. lena/q-tip - god she's just so tragic sometimes. and a relapsing adam getting all creepy again and hate-fucking that chick? well that was just classic adam wasn't it?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I had to fast forward through Marnie's singing, mainly because I wanted her and Charlie to get back together so badly and I couldn't handle the secondhand embarrassment. All's well that ends well!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    All the talk about Lena/Hannah and her nudity, honestly I can handle Hannah nude better than I can handle her clothed.
    After watching some more of the episodes, I have to agree with that. Her body's not as bad as people have been saying, but her clothing choices make her body look a million times worse than it actually is.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Yaaay we didn't see Hannah's ass once last night!

I was waiting for the "Officer and a Gentleman" song at the end. *love lift us up where we belong*

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information