Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Hit By Ban Bus!

I won't say it's gone so far as jumping the shark but it's definitely less interesting and less emotionally engaging.

[I still think Buscemi's ego played a part in Jimmy's demise. Since then, the show has focused almost exclusively on Nucky to the distinct detriment of the other characters--and this focus on him is a BIG part of the problem]

Oh no, no, no. I'm done with this fuckin' show!

A*O

We're up to Ep8 but the scheduling is all over the place. If anything bad happens to Richard Harrow I'm walking away too.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Hear hear. To see Richard's story play out is practically the only reason I'll keep watching.

***SPOILER****

I RESENT Owen's death, almost as much as I resented Jimmy's. Another rival for Nucky's spotlight bites the dust. Bastard!
    Callalily likes this.

Fuck me. I just finished season 1 and am kinda devastated to read that Jimmy died.

It has been an awesome show up to this point. I really love the set design and costuming.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    ^^Hear hear. To see Richard's story play out is practically the only reason I'll keep watching.

***SPOILER****

I RESENT Owen's death, almost as much as I resented Jimmy's. Another rival for Nucky's spotlight bites the dust. Bastard!
    Owen has been bugging me since I watched the episode. That was such a devastating loss for the show (not to mention for me and poor Margaret). The deaths on this show really do hit you. No one is safe (other than Nucky). Watching this episode, I knew it was the end for Owen, I just thought Nucky would take him out. I can't help wondering if Nucky didn't somehow send Owen off to his death. There were so many whisperings between Owen and Margaret and they were not as private as they should have been. Did Mickey see them or hear the conversation? Or perhaps Mr. Kessler really did know more than he let on.

Kelly MacDonald is amazing. I wanted to cry for Margaret because her portrayal of that anguish was so real.

RIP Owen. And PS...can you powers that be leave something good for us ladies to look at???

I left this show in the middle of Season two and I think i'm still glad I did. I loved Jimmy and was pissed to hear about that. It sounds like I would continue to be pissed if I'd made it past that too.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

^^You would totally feel that way if you saw Owen

Still, the show is pretty damn good. Bobby Cannavale is reason alone to watch.
    Callalily likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Shit but they're not only killing off all of the eye candy but any character with redeeming qualities it seems. Can Teddy, Emily, and Tommy be next up on the chopping block since Buscemi seems to hail from the W.C. Fields School of Acting? Where's the doggy Gyp Rosetti gave the kids, hmmm?

I will grant you I felt Owen's death right in the gut.

Also getting REAL tired of the repetitive Gyp-is-a-fucking-psycho-killer scenes. WE GET IT. Do we have to see it EVERY GD time he goes off the deep end? There are many more interesting scenes we should be getting, like Owen's actual death scene.

I think the biggest mistake BE has made is in not capitalizing on the knick-knack, gem-crack, high-flying circus that was the Roaring Twenties. Where's the FUN? Ain't we got fun? Yeah, we had a couple of scenes in Babette's, spread out over THREE SEASONS but that's about it. Billie Kent was a nice little doorway into more era-specific hijinks, but alas, alack! no more Billie. Hopefully Chalky's 'elegant' club idea will come to fruition.
    Callalily likes this.

^^I'm wondering if we're going to see what happened to Owen???

The writers turned Owen into a sap. He got what was coming to him. I hope harrow doesn't suffer the same fate.
    oh, I just can't stand Margaret. Hopefully she is so distraught that she returns to Ireland.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Well, I'm still watching. Chalky is the best!!
    Callalily likes this.

Love chalky and Capone. Harrows going to go nuts next episode!
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

A*O

Gillian is a total cunty bitch to that poor little kid. I hope she gets whacked and young Tommy can go and live happily ever after with Richard and Julia. Bet it won't happen though.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^I hope Richard kills Gillian. She's such a crazy piece of shit. She's got no business with any child. It's only a matter of time before she really crosses the line.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information