Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HBO's "Big Love" - polygamy drama

I could live without the gratuitous shots of Bill Paxton's arse too.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

^ I third that notion. Although I find him attractive, I don't care to see his naked body...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Default Big Love on HBO ... New Season Starts January 2010

I searched for a thread on Big Love multiple ways and came up empty. I can't imagine it's not been discussed here before, so my apologies if there's another thread.

Anyway, this is absolutely one of my all time favorite shows and it's fourth season premiers in January 2010.

I've heard a few spoilers (some BIG ones), but there are VERY few for this show. I'm dying to know if DA Ray Henry is coming back .... they left his character very open at the end. Anybody heard anything? I've searched a few spoiler boards and can't find anything and the actor's wiki page just says that he's a recurring character (although Big Love's own wiki page doesn't list him as one).

Margene and Adalene are my favorite characters. I love Sarah too, and I heard a spoiler about her character too. Oh, and Lois is a freaking riot. And poor Joey ...

I love this show too. Missed last season because we cancelled HBO, but think I will try to rent it and then reinstate before January.

^^^ Oh definitely catch up!! Last season was absolutely fantastic. Seriously.

Elite Member

One of my very favorite shows along with Nip/Tuck. I am absolutely devastated that this is the last season for N/T.

i thought this show was a one season flop.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Elite Member

what is the Sara spoiler?

I love Margene, Nikki is growing on me because of Cara Lynn

Sarah spoiler: Sarah marries Scott and his extremely Mormon parents (LDS, not polygamists) are introduced and not pleased at all with Sarah or her family.

And major Margene spoiler, even though you didn't ask: It has been hinted about by Ginnifer Goodwin herself that Margene and Ben get it on this season. There was an outright spoiler (I believe on Ausiello) that they do take the flirtation to the next level.

Caramel, did you watch the other two seasons? The third (last) season was my favorite, by far, although I have always loved the show. The writing and the acting last season was just .... exceptional.

Elite Member

I'm so pissed at the Margene spoiler I KNEW they were going to go there. Margene's just not like that, but Bill was her first maybe and she's only known this different lifestyle I don't even think she grew up Mormon, she just wanted to be accepted loved and have a family.

Sarah spoiler meh I'll take it it could be good.

No, Margene was not raised Mormon. I'm not sure she was raised any religion at all. I'm curious how they go with it ... there's already so many controversial/taboo subjects on the show and they are always written well, so we'll see.

Still curious about DA Ray ... he totally grew on me, especially the episode where he showed up (blindsided) at the Hendrick's "compound" and found out the truth. I had never really liked Nikki before (except when she pushed her father down the stairs!!), but that whole story line gave me a little empathy for her ... she was never really given a choice WHO she was with before, and DA Ray was the first normal guy that liked her as a person, not someone that picked her out of the Joy Book or who wanted a second wife. I was almost rooting for them to make it, but I think with the introduction of Nikki's daughter (and her welcoming into the Hendrick's family, which I thought was so sweet), that DA Ray is out of Nikki's life romantically for good. I think he's got a lot of other cases going on in that neck of the woods though, so I think definitely he has room in the show. A lot of good tense/awkward scenes between him and Bill, especially since Joey committed murder now. And he's totally adorable.

Also just remembered a big Alby spoiler I read: Remember the hints of Alby's homosexuality? I think it was in season 2, maybe early season 3, that he met someone (I'm thinking a prostitute) .... male, obviously .... in a public bathroom and went a little nuts. Well, apparently he accepts that he's got homosexual tendencies and there is sex (I heard lots of it). So that should be VERY interesting .... being the prophet of an extremely conservative religion, but also gay (with numerous wives). I can't remember, does Alby have children yet?

Gold Member

I love this show and can't wait for the new season to begin. This and True Blood is the reason I keep HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Sarah spoiler: Sarah marries Scott and his extremely Mormon parents (LDS, not polygamists) are introduced and not pleased at all
    Caramel, did you watch the other two seasons? The third (last) season was my favorite, by far, although I have always loved the show. The writing and the acting last season was just .... exceptional.
    No I haven't watched more than one season. I thought it was cancelled because they only showed one season on tv here, at least I only noticed one season. I didn't mean to say that the show is bad I just really thought it didn't last that long.

I have to look into it some day
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Thank you for merging the threads! When I did a search (multiple ways), it only went back for six pages, so either it was too far back or I just am blind as a bat.

I found it by including Henrickson in the search, Big Love are both generic enough to confuse the board's search engine, but their last name is more unique.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information