Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Yes it is his nephew.

I didn't know that. Very cool. No wonder there was a resemblance.

Just got back from seeing this today. Overall I thought it was really good, I've come to terms with the fact that the books are huge and detailled and there's no way they can squeeze everything in, so I try and treat them as separate entities. The trio are really good now, it's so funny to see how they've come on since they started as really little kids. I loved Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I saw it last weekend. I'd heard some pretty dreadful reviews, so my expectations were low, but I liked it. It's been over 2 years since I read HBP, so I only remember it in broad strokes, but I think they hit most of the high points. Even with my blurred memory of the book, I did remember that they changed Dumbledore's final scene quite a bit.

What I really love about these movies (aside from the delicious Alan Rickman - RAWR) is the amazing moments in it of pure fantasy - like in PoA when Harry rides the hippogriff for the first time or in OotP when Voldemort smashes all the glass in the ministry or in HBP when Dumbledore drives back the Inferi with fire. It's overwhelming to see it on film. I'm definately going to be sad when this movies franchise ends.

I didn't think much of it the first time I saw it, but went again and enjoyed it more.
    Not really spoilers but just in case, it's whited out
    I think Draco's character and the actor are really good in this film as well, he seems a lot more conflicted and unsure of himself than Harry, who is IMHO quite a dull character in the films. I also think Draco dresses much better, he looked quite hot in that suit :S

I snickered at the odd scene where Ginny ties his shoelaces, I almost expected Harry to say 'While you're down there love..'

Loved the fire scene with Dumbledore, absolutely spectacular.

My only big moment of "WTF are you doing movie producers???" was when....

(spoilers in white)

they burned down the Burrow. Why? I'm fairly certain that wasn't in the book. So it added a bit of dramatic tension but it was completely superfluous.

I guess it just pisses me off when I know various bits and pieces have been chopped out of the books when transitioned to film for time concerns, but then they add in new and unnecessary action sequences.

Before I start I just want to say that I have never read any of the books and this is the first Potter movie I have seen.

Thought the movie was ok; not spectacular but neither bad. It seemed to me that the film is a filler for the final (parts 1 and 2). I really enjoyed the darker elements of the film but not all the romance stuff. Emma Watson was not half as bad as I thought she’d be; but she can’t do emotional stuff to save her life.

The romance between Ginny and Harry was so dull. I hope in the next two films that the actress who plays her improves and that she actually develops a personality.

Loved Malfroy and Snade? – particularly Malfroy. Tom Felton was given a lot to work with and it shows. I loved the confrontation between him and Harry.

I am officially in love with Luna Lovegood; I only wished that the actress was given more to do.

The special affects were good the scene at the beginning with the death eaters being the highlight for me.

I will watch the other movies and cannot wait for the final parts to come out.

Luna's my homegirl. I snorted water out of my nose in the cinema thanks to some of her stuff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information