Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Hannibal 2013

A*O

He was also excellent in the true story of Igor Stravinski's love affair with Coco Chanel. Tres sexy.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I only watch the show because of Mads. But also the other cast is amazing...the show/plot just scares me..
    sam_h786 likes this.

I've only now been brave enough to watch this. I'm up to episode ten and it's petrifying at times, but I love it. As soon as i saw Gillian Anderson I was set on watching it, I love me some serious Scully. The cast are all fantastic, and every time they go to Lecter's for dinner I freak out in case they're eating people. I was always too scared to watch or read Red Dragon, SOTL etc but I think I'll give it a bash after I've watched the season finale. Not sure I'll be able to sleep with the light off any time soon!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I've only read Hannibal. I really must get hold of Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs as knowing how much the film version of Hannibal compares to the book (very different ending) I'd like to see how they compare.

And Anthony Hopkins is still the best Lecter.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I don't doubt you for a second that he's the best, but Mads Mikkelsen is amazing in the role (from a layperson's perspective) too. I loved this first season, can't wait for the next one! My friends and I have just decided to start a book club, I'm sorely tempted to suggest Red Dragon as our first book.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Red Dragon and SOTL are both great books. Thomas Harris kinda burned out, imo. Both films from RD are good in different ways. I think the second one is more shocking, though. And Ralph Fiennes was brilliant--really sad and completely frightening at the same time, one of the most intelligent, non-sensationalistic portrayals of a serial murderer ever.

I can't wait to see the second season of "Hannibal"...
    Karistiona likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Right that's it, I'm suggesting Red Dragon when we're at lunch today. I'll probably be shot down in flames but a girl's gotta try!

Silver Member

I've only watched up to episode 2 so far. Love the show, the crime scenes were creepy and scary especially the one where the dude was growing mushrooms through people (eeeek!!). Mads Mikkelsen is excellent as Dr Lecter, He is sexy as hell aswell! I thought Hugh Dancys character came off a little asshole-ish lol! The dinner scenes make me wonder is he actually eating humans?! *shudders*. You can't eat and watch this show.

Silver Member

Ladies and Gents, I give you the Season 2 trailer to Hannibal which returns on 28th February:

So creepy and scary!
    twitchy2.0, PoisonGirl and dowcat like this.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Can't wait!!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Michael Pitt joins 'Hannibal' in major role -- EXCLUSIVE

Michael Pitt is returning to TV in a major role on NBC’s dark thriller Hannibal.
    Pitt is playing the character of Mason Verger, an unstable wealthy patient of Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) who begins a dangerous cat-and-mouse game with the deadly serial killer.
    Pitt was last seen on TV starring in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire as Jimmy Darmody, a character that wasshockingly killed off at the end of the second season. He also co-starred in the 2012 film Seven Psychopaths.
    The Mason Verger role will be introduced late in the upcoming second season, which finds FBI profiler Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) in prison, falsely convicted for Lecter’s crimes, while the doctor advises the agency on cases. Gary Oldman previously played an older version of Mason Verger in the 2001 Hannibal film, which is based on Thomas Harris’ Hannibal novel. NBC’s Hannibal timeline precedes the events in the film and is also set before the events in Thomas’ Red Dragon so this is Mason how we’ve never seen him before (a cast description for the role compared him to the way Andrew Scott played Moriarty on Sherlock). Recently, Hannibalalso cast Verger’s sister Margo, who is played by relative newcomer Katharine Isabelle.
    Other guest stars in season 2 include the return of Gillian Anderson as Hannibal’s shrink, as well as Jeremy Davies. Hannibal returns Feb. 28. Here are seven scoops about showrunner Bryan Fuller’s plan for the new season and its creepy trailer.
    Michael Pitt joins 'Hannibal' in major role | Inside TV | EW.com
    BelledeJour, Sunrider and sam_h786 like this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Can't wait for this to start.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

"Finally, in a fine example of the bizarre double standard that exists with regards to sexual imagery vs. violent imagery in television and films, Fuller talked about an exchange that took place over questionable material in an episode where a couple are murdered and have the skin sliced from their backs to form angel wings. Since the flesh angels were nude, their butt cracks were visible in one of the shots and NBC insisted that the butt cracks be removed. Fuller recalled the incident, saying, “They were cracked in many ways, and their butt crack to me was a less offensive crack they were sporting.”In the end, Fuller offered to fill the butt cracks with blood to make them less objectionable. NBC said, “Okay.”"

Source: 'Hannibal' Season 2 Details and More Revealed at Comic-Con Panel
    Kathie_Moffett and Sassiness like this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

...a cast description for the role compared him to the way Andrew Scott played Moriarty on Sherlock...
    Sounds amazing. The expectations are high.

A*O

If Dr Lecter fancies himself as a connoisseur of haute cuisine and sophisticated fine dining (especially offal LOL) why does he hold and use his cutlery like an ape. Come on Mads, you need to raise your game. Yes, I am this shallow.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information