Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    Is the posting spoilers in white an unwritten rule? I don't participate in this thread because my iPad won't convert the white font so I can read it, and getting out an alternative device is a pain in the ass. I thought everyone knew threads about shows contained spoilers? Can we just discuss it and assume people will get caught up before reading? I'm just asking because I want to talk about this show, but I don't want to play peekaboo.
    Copy the text and paste it into your notes app. That's what I do!
    OCD likes this.

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Copy the text and paste it into your notes app. That's what I do!
    Ohhh tricky.... I’m getting old. These things occur to me less and less lol.

Hahaha, I was desperate to read the spoilers because I'm too scared to watch the actual show without knowing what to expect hahaha

i don't mind the spoilers because i read the book so i know the gist of the story, though i've forgotten a lot of the detail. i kind of want to reread it now to compare versions but i barely have time to read these days and it feels like a waste to spend that time on a book i already read.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The book only covers season 1, season 2 expands after the ending of the book, that's why I used white to talk about the latest episode, I figure maybe not everybody watches it as soon as it comes out ^^
    sputnik likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I can't stand cliffhangers, so I'll probably bingewatch the rest of season 2 when it's all out. I got through 2 episodes and couldn't hang.

Not sure if I could binge watch The Handmaid's Tale, it's soo depressing and bleak!

What an ending, very unexpected. Finally, there's some hope?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

^^^^
    it's super bleak and depressing but it's also not slow so i have no trouble bingeing it since you always want to know what happens next.
    i just binge watched all the available episodes of season 2 this weekend and holy shit.
    now i wish i'd waited until the second season had finished airing to watch the whole thing because i hate having to wait a week in between episodes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Oh my god that last episode !!!!!

* SPOILS*

It's funny how some details felt so empowering, the symbolism behind the pen for example is just so spot on.
    I LOVED the scenes where they told each other their names. It seems like such a small thing, but damn it felt empowering too, regaining their identity by re asserting their names, that scene gave me the chills. It was so beautiful to hear all their whispers.

That's a first, an episode that doesn't leave me completely fuming
    OCD likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

As they were exchanging names Eden was watching with interest....or disapproval. She seems very brainwashed by the government/religion. What I question is how did all these handmaids die when they ran so quickly from the building when they saw she had a bomb? Why were there so many bodies hanging from homes and trees? And why in the Hell isn't Luke doing something to rescue his wife and daughter???>?????
    OCD likes this.

I think Eden is gonna turn them in or something, especially if she finds out that her husband and June have something (like when June's baby's gonna be not so white )
    But she's 15, so it means she was young enough when Gilead was set to be completely brainswashed. I fear June's in for a shock when (if) she reunites with her daughter. Imagine the damages those sick fucks could do on a child

I think Luke is simply starting to believe he'll never see June again. I don't know, his character was weird in that episode.
    But June's friend, OMG her flashbacks were so moving
    sputnik, arie_skop, OCD and 1 others like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    Oh my god that last episode !!!!!

* SPOILS*

It's funny how some details felt so empowering, the symbolism behind the pen for example is just so spot on.
    I LOVED the scenes where they told each other their names. It seems like such a small thing, but damn it felt empowering too, regaining their identity by re asserting their names, that scene gave me the chills. It was so beautiful to hear all their whispers.

That's a first, an episode that doesn't leave me completely fuming

June holding the pen was one of my favourite scenes, such a powerful message. Also, it was great to see the other handmaids connecting and revealing their true names. Though Eden seems like trouble.
    OCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    As they were exchanging names Eden was watching with interest....or disapproval. She seems very brainwashed by the government/religion. What I question is how did all these handmaids die when they ran so quickly from the building when they saw she had a bomb? Why were there so many bodies hanging from homes and trees? And why in the Hell isn't Luke doing something to rescue his wife and daughter???>?????
    There were handmaids on the second floor who got caught in the blast. The bodies hanging from the trees are suspected members of the resistance who helped Ofglen in the attack.
    Witchywoman and OCD like this.

Holy Shit Episode 8.
    OCD and Lalasnake like this.

OCD

Episode 8 Women’s Work was crazy good.
    Witchywoman likes this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information