Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Grimm on NBC

I'll get you some gossip, or at least I'll try. A good friend works in the crew, also works on Leverage sometimes. I should see him today and will find out what he has to say. I know he's said that the show will get better as it goes on.

DeanJames, I didn't know you were from Portland.

Because our friend works on the show I feel this obligation to watch it. I do like it though. The girlfriend, Juliet, really bothers me.

I'm waiting for her to turn into something...
    Free Charmed.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I'm waiting for her to turn into something...

Me too! She's almost too perfect.

She is sort of wall-eyed and there is something off about her lips. Plus, I feel like their interaction as a couple is really forced.

Our friend wasn't at the Christmas party, so I'll try getting info out of him the next time we see him. Stay tuned...
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I hope you get the scoop soon!!!

I love Sasha Roiz (the captain). He is my current celebrity crush. I hope that he will be shown more. THis is definately one of the best shows of the year.

Isn't he a bad guy, teforde? I hate that he is Nick's boss, and basically his potential enemy. I don't trust him.

Love the show the other night about the Ogre. This is a great show and the hour just flies by!

I don't know if he's bad yet. I think that help turn out to be not so bad. I hope so at least.

Cool

OK, who watched it last night? The Reapers beat the hell out of Monroe!

It was a good show. I really like Monroe! He is funny! I didnt understand the people that beat him up. Did they call them Reapers?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    It was a good show. I really like Monroe! He is funny! I didnt understand the people that beat him up. Did they call them Reapers?
    Yeah. Remember in the pilot episode, where Nick's aunt was attacked by that creepy dude? He was a Reaper. They want to kill off all Grimms. They are probably after Monroe because he's bf's with Nick (a Grimm).

and because Monroe is totally adorable and they're jealous.
    rem_in and Gossiplover like this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Yeah. Remember in the pilot episode, where Nick's aunt was attacked by that creepy dude? He was a Reaper. They want to kill off all Grimms. They are probably after Monroe because he's bf's with Nick (a Grimm).

Awww...okay. I remember the Aunt getting attacked, but I had forgot the name of the species that did it. At least that one is easy to say and remember. Some of these creatures have the oddest names.

Monroe is a cutie! I like Nick's and his friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    and because Monroe is totally adorable and they're jealous.
    And drives a vintage Beetle and loves to decorate for Christmas. Luv him!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Some of these creatures have the oddest names.
    CREATURES OF GRIMM

Blutbad

Blutbaden are wolf-like creatures with a keen sense of smell and increased strength. The Blutbaden are very violent when in packs and are provoked by the color red. Their sense of smell can be weakened by the herb wolfsbane and they are vulnerable to attacks to their lower back. Variants include the Wieder Blutbad, a reformed Blutbad who abstains from the killing of humans through a regimen of diet, drugs, and exercise. Blutbad literally means bloodbath in German. First seen in "Pilot".

Hexenbiest

Hexenbiests are witch-like creatures. Hexenbiests can be identified by a birthmark under their tongues. Hexenbiests have a reputation for working for royalty, and are extremely loyal. All Hexenbiests are strikingly beautiful in human form, and all Hexenbiests seen in the show (as of December 2011[ref]) are lawyers. Hexenbiests' only natural enemies are the Mellifers. Hexenbiest is the combination of the German words for witch and beast. First seen in "Pilot".

Minor creatures

Bauerschwein A Bauerschwein is a pig-like creature. They have an intense rivalry with the Blutbaden that dates back centuries. According to Monroe, the rivalry is so intense that the Blutbaden are even blamed for Bauerschwein suicides. Bauerschweine like to take mud-baths in order to think, calm their minds, and soothe their skins. Bauerschwein is the combination of the German words for farmer and pig. First seen in "The Three Bad Wolves".

Eisbiber Eisbiber are beaver-like creatures, the name being the German words for ice and beaver. Only one eisbiber has been seen in the show; a refrigerator repairman, who wanted to avoid any trouble from the Grimms. First seen in "Danse Macabre".

Fuchsbau Fuchsbaue are fox-like apothecaries, the German name for a fox burrow. Fuchsbaue will appear in upcoming episodes, featuring a recurring character named Rosalee, played by Bree Turner.

Gefrierengeber Gefrierengeber are not described in detail but mentioned in passing. Monroe says he makes a good Santa, but he's "no Gefrierengeber". It is implied that they have a high cold tolerance. Gefrierengeber is a combination of the German words for to freeze and giver. First mentioned in "Let Your Hair Down".

Jägerbär Jägerbären are bear-like creatures who use a Germanic weapon with a claw-like scoop that disembowels their victims. Some more traditional Jägerbären practice the ritual of Roh-Hatz, which is a coming of age rite. According to Marie Kessler's journal, most of the Jägerbären tend to be lawyers, mortgage lenders, and politicians. Jägerbär is a combination of the German words for hunter and bear; roh is the German word for raw and Hatz is an older German word for hunt. First seen in "Bears Will Be Bears".

Lausenschlange Lausenschlangen are snake-like creature with forked tongues, fangs, slanted eyes and skin covered in scales. They typically prey on lesser creatures (such as the Mausehertz) and use their powerful arms to crush their victims like a boa constrictor. Lausenschlange is made of two German words for delouse and snake. First seen in "Of Mouse and Man".

Mausehertz Mice people with a cowardly streak. When confronted, they often flee to their "safety zones." They tend to be hoarders. The word is derived from two German words: Maus (mouse) and Herz (heart). First seen in "Of Mouse and Man".

Mellifer Mellifers are bee-like creatures that live and operate as part of a swarm with a hive mentality. The leader of a Mellifer hive is referred to as a Mellischwuler. Their hives are large and are where they harvest their own venom to use as a weapon. They have a connection with regular bees and often use them to provide cover for their movements. Mellifers' only natural enemies are Hexenbiests. Mellifers seem to be the only type of creature that is not afraid of and/or against the Grimms, and could have a friendlier past with each other; this could be why a hive of Mellifers were trying to protect Nick Burkhardt from an unknown foe. It is hinted at the end of "Beeware" that they may have turned against the Grimm. Mellifer is the Latin word for honey-bearing, from which is derived Apis mellifera, the scientific name for the European honeybee. First seen in "Beeware".

Reapers of Grimm The Reapers of Grimm (Hässlich) are troll-like creatures, usually dressed in black trench coats. Hässlich in German means ugly, so they are called the ugly ones. Their weapon of choice is a large scythe with an inscription. In the pilot episode, the Reaper Hulda carried a scythe that read Erntemaschinen der Grimms, which translates to "Reaping machines for the Grimms."[1] In "Lonelyhearts", the unnamed Reaper's scythe reads Vernichter der Grimms, "Destroyer of the Grimms". Hässlich is the German for ugly.Reinigen Reinigen are rat-like creatures. They are scavengers who are not usually violent, unless pushed to the edge. They can also control the behavior of rats by using a musical ability. Monroe states that they are "at the bottom of the food chain." Reinigen means to clean in German. First seen in "Danse Macabre".

Siegbarste Siegbarstes are very rare ogre-like creatures known for their incredibly high threshold to pain — medically described as congenital analgesia — and extremely dense bone structure, their incredible strength, and their tendency to hold vendettas "to the grave". They have a weakness to "Siegbarste Gift", a rare, specifically-cultivated toxin against Siegbarste. This toxin is one of the few effective countermeasures, and in order to pierce their defenses requires a high-caliber rifle such as an elephant gun. Siegbarste is made of the German words Sieg (meaning victory) and barst (the past tense of bersten, to burst); Gift is the German word for poison. First seen in "Game Ogre".

Ziegevolk The Ziegevolk, or Bluebeards, are goat-like creatures that release powerful pheromones that attack and subdue people. When one of the Ziegevolk consumes a Sonoran desert toad, their pheromones become much more potent. According to Monroe, Ziegevolk tend to be preachers, game-show hosts, and other actor types due to the fact that they enjoy being in the public eye; according to the show's Grimm Guide, famous Ziegevolk from real-world history included Giacomo Casanova, Frank Sinatra and John F. Kennedy.[2] The term Ziegevolk is derived from the German words for goat and people. First seen in "Lonelyhearts".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_of_Grimm
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; January 28th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information