Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 555
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Grimm on NBC

  1. #496
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,994

    Default

    You're right. Wu and Hank are the best!!

    joebob likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

  2. #497
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Antartica.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Anybody gonna watch this tonight? I'm watching simply for the laughs.

    Last week was memorable. Especially from Bree Turner. I've seen better acting in porn.
    Bluebonnet and Trixie like this.

  3. #498
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    22,580

    Default

    I'm still watching. I love Diana. She's like Patty McCormack from The Bad Seed on crack. She just needs the pigtails.

    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  4. #499
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I'm still watching. I love Diana. She's like Patty McCormack from The Bad Seed on crack. She just needs the pigtails.

    OMG, that just made me LOL. That's totally it!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  5. #500
    Elite Member dolem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    I fell off watching this show after Juliette was in the hospital and woke up with black eyes. So long ago.... I really should start back up again on Netflix.

    Anyways, yesterday I went with my sister to the Grimm wearhouse sale. Since the show is over all the stuff they used is for sale. It was in big old wearhouse in PDX, tons of recognizable stuff inside. Lots of funky furniture, tons of clothes. It looked like a garage sale of crack. I got some pants for my husband, $5 (my friend that worked on set said they would have been for either the Captain or Monroe based off how tall the Mr is) and a shirt for myself, $3. Lots of clothes labeled "Juliette", "Nick", "Hank" some "Diana". I also got a cool watercolor print that fits in my house perfect for only $35. Fun to see everything.
    Bluebonnet and Waterslide like this.

  6. #501
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,994

    Default

    The show is in it's last season. It totally jumped the shark IMHO.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

  7. #502
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    She totally Yoko Ono'd the whole show! Love that term! I wonder if her and hot David Giuntoli are still "engaged'. They had ZERO chemistry on the show and even less in real life. He has more chemistry with Claire Coffee. (Adalind).
    I thought I replied to this a million years ago, but apparently I did not. I usually try not to say someone Yoko Ono'd the show, but she totally did! I just know it. Here is my theory: when the show started, Juliette was supposed to die by the end of season 1 or the middle of season 2 and that was going to be the impetus for Nick to be this heartbroken avenging Grimm. Bitsie (I'm not calling her Elizabeth, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube) probably knew her contract was for a limited amount of time, but she was lucky enough to dig her talons into the star of the show and she somehow finagled a way into not only David G's life, but the whole show's existence. I mean, she was not a fan favorite, and the majority of the people I saw talking about her online straight up hated the character. NBC had to know that, but yet she was allowed to remain. Not only did that end up screwing with the long term myth arc of the show, I think she then at some point started whining in the right ears that she was tired of doing the show, and that's why it's ending now. Not because she personally has that much pull, but because if she were dating David still, I could see her manipulating him into that. There's just something about her that rubs me the wrong way, and I don't think this about all women on TV, but she's so off. And I'm not saying a show can't have a beginning, middle, and end within 5-6 seasons, because Breaking Bad did it, but this is obviously not that. It all feels kind of unfinished to me, and the Black Claw crap wasted a lot of time that could have been used for something way better. (This was almost a Grimmfesto. This is what happens when I'm stuck in the house. lol)

    And like I said before, Bitsie is so awkward around all of them, and I agree about their lack of chemistry. Claire Coffee does seem way more normal IRL. And Adalind's character evolved, so she and Nick sort of made sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Also....Along with her bad acting as Juliette/Eve, they forced marriage and baby storylines onto the show. Why is that happening on a sci-fi/Fantasy show, that often?

    Let's run down some of the cast.

    Renard? WTF is his power? Making an ugly face?

    Monroe was likable. But they made him into someone that nearly acts like he's scared of his own shadow.

    Rosalee is a retarded version of Willow.

    Trubel? Mother of fucking god. A piece of cardboard would be more interesting than her. When are they going to cut her head off?

    Wu and Hank are the best characters on the show tho. They should have a buddy cop show on Sy/Fy.
    LOL I have always wondered that about Renard. I mean, he's hot, so I guess I don't care, but still. Also agree about Monroe - he used to be way more badass which is why I thought his character was so interesting. He was a Portland hipster/hippie guy who could bite your head off literally and then he became a caricature. I like Rosalee, though. Trubel was someone I never even thought about until she would periodically appear just in time to save Nick's ass over something stupid. She hasn't been back lately, but now that I've said it...And I definitely agree Hank and Wu should have their own buddy cop show on SyFy. I will miss them a lot. I also agree with what you said somewhere in the thread about how there should never have been this stupid "love" story with Nick...I mean, I guess it is a show about fairy tales, so I guess they could have done something way more over the top with a female actress that actually had a pulse, but regardless, what they did do was stupid.

    ETA-

    Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I fell off watching this show after Juliette was in the hospital and woke up with black eyes. So long ago.... I really should start back up again on Netflix.

    Anyways, yesterday I went with my sister to the Grimm wearhouse sale. Since the show is over all the stuff they used is for sale. It was in big old wearhouse in PDX, tons of recognizable stuff inside. Lots of funky furniture, tons of clothes. It looked like a garage sale of crack. I got some pants for my husband, $5 (my friend that worked on set said they would have been for either the Captain or Monroe based off how tall the Mr is) and a shirt for myself, $3. Lots of clothes labeled "Juliette", "Nick", "Hank" some "Diana". I also got a cool watercolor print that fits in my house perfect for only $35. Fun to see everything.
    That is so cool. Too bad you couldn't get that coat Juliette wore in the first season. I seem to remember she had a really beautifully tailored teal winter coat that I really envied. Rosalee had a lot of cute clothes, too. I would have loved to have seen some of the furniture, too.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  8. #503
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I thought I replied to this a million years ago, but apparently I did not. I usually try not to say someone Yoko Ono'd the show, but she totally did! I just know it. Here is my theory: when the show started, Juliette was supposed to die by the end of season 1 or the middle of season 2 and that was going to be the impetus for Nick to be this heartbroken avenging Grimm. Bitsie (I'm not calling her Elizabeth, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube) probably knew her contract was for a limited amount of time, but she was lucky enough to dig her talons into the star of the show and she somehow finagled a way into not only David G's life, but the whole show's existence. I mean, she was not a fan favorite, and the majority of the people I saw talking about her online straight up hated the character. NBC had to know that, but yet she was allowed to remain. Not only did that end up screwing with the long term myth arc of the show, I think she then at some point started whining in the right ears that she was tired of doing the show, and that's why it's ending now. Not because she personally has that much pull, but because if she were dating David still, I could see her manipulating him into that. There's just something about her that rubs me the wrong way, and I don't think this about all women on TV, but she's so off. And I'm not saying a show can't have a beginning, middle, and end within 5-6 seasons, because Breaking Bad did it, but this is obviously not that. It all feels kind of unfinished to me, and the Black Claw crap wasted a lot of time that could have been used for something way better. (This was almost a Grimmfesto. This is what happens when I'm stuck in the house. lol)

    And like I said before, Bitsie is so awkward around all of them, and I agree about their lack of chemistry. Claire Coffee does seem way more normal IRL. And Adalind's character evolved, so she and Nick sort of made sense.


    ^^^YES!



    I would bet dollars to donuts that's what happened. I'm glad I'm not the only one with that theory. It's like everytime I saw her on screen, my skin crawled. Jezebel! I hope David gets away from her.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; March 15th, 2017 at 12:12 PM.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

  9. #504
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,794

    Default

    That gif is making me laugh.

    Juliette is one of those characters that just irritates you when you're all happy watching something and they suddenly appear in a scene and they just kill your buzz and I think the writers didn't like her which is why they turned her into robot Eve. Like she couldn't be content just being disliked, she had to ruin everything...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  10. #505
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    22,580

    Default

    All this Bitsie/Juliette hate kinda cracks me up. I never necessarily liked her character, but I can't really blame her for ruining the show. For me, that is squarely on the writers. First the thing with the Royals, the keys, the Resistance, Black Claw, wtf were any of those storylines ever resolved? They just should have stuck with the procedural Wesen of the week, that was some interesting shit. Remember Fred from Angel with that Tarantella story or the girl with the golden egg in her neck? Those were some memorable episodes. Then they had to veer off into all this character driven crap, which I usually like, but it never amounted to anything.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  11. #506
    Elite Member ConstanceSpry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I fell off watching this show after Juliette was in the hospital and woke up with black eyes. So long ago.... I really should start back up again on Netflix.

    Anyways, yesterday I went with my sister to the Grimm wearhouse sale. Since the show is over all the stuff they used is for sale. It was in big old wearhouse in PDX, tons of recognizable stuff inside. Lots of funky furniture, tons of clothes. It looked like a garage sale of crack. I got some pants for my husband, $5 (my friend that worked on set said they would have been for either the Captain or Monroe based off how tall the Mr is) and a shirt for myself, $3. Lots of clothes labeled "Juliette", "Nick", "Hank" some "Diana". I also got a cool watercolor print that fits in my house perfect for only $35. Fun to see everything.
    I am jealous, I'd love to go to a sale like that.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

  12. #507
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    All this Bitsie/Juliette hate kinda cracks me up. I never necessarily liked her character, but I can't really blame her for ruining the show. For me, that is squarely on the writers. First the thing with the Royals, the keys, the Resistance, Black Claw, wtf were any of those storylines ever resolved? They just should have stuck with the procedural Wesen of the week, that was some interesting shit. Remember Fred from Angel with that Tarantella story or the girl with the golden egg in her neck? Those were some memorable episodes. Then they had to veer off into all this character driven crap, which I usually like, but it never amounted to anything.
    Oh sure, throw around a lot of good points and ruin my conspiracy theory! LOL OK, so a lot of that sucked and that golden egg story grossed me out a lot, but I honestly do think - even if I'm wrong about that Bitsie girl - the writers/directors/producers went off script and I think it was some production thing off screen for at least part of it. I didn't even pay attention to the Black Claw thing after a while, and like I said in another post, if the show had not gone that route, it would have been better. I mean the keys would have been a great storyline, and really the only one they needed without making the Captain be mayor and Jack the Ripper.

    eta - That posted without me finishing. But, regardless, they went off course and it's too bad.

    I think I was one of the people that kind of stood up for Juliette in the beginning because I thought her character wasn't fleshed out yet. It was when they turned her evil and came up with Eve that I thought the writing felt really forced, hence my conspiracy theory. One thing I will say, I don't understand why they made her a vet and then dropped that story like it never happened. I thought would make for some good episodes...she has to figure out how to cure wesen or something. That was a waste of plot device.
    Bluebonnet, Trixie and lindsaywhit like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  13. #508
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Antartica.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    This thing is hilarious bad. But.....atleast they had the balls to do something interesting in this second to last episode.

  14. #509
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,794

    Default

    I am so pissed right now. I mean, spoiler: there goes the buddy cop spin off. Did it REALLY have to be them?!? There are plenty of other characters on that show that could bit the dust.

    ETA -

    spoiler
    Unless the healing stick comes into play? Who knows with this show? So sad.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  15. #510
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Antartica.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I am so pissed right now. I mean, spoiler: there goes the buddy cop spin off. Did it REALLY have to be them?!? There are plenty of other characters on that show that could bit the dust.

    ETA -

    spoiler
    Unless the healing stick comes into play? Who knows with this show? So sad.
    I hope not. That would be a cop out.
    Waterslide likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. When a man is an Island aka Grimm in 30 years
    By Honey in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 5th, 2010, 05:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •