Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

In the first episode when they're all talking about how hot she was, I was trying to figure out what I was missing.

Tequila

Another ridiculous episode. The only bright spots were that McDreamy might cheat with the chic from the bar!

But seriously, how stupid is Callie to want to get pregnant when she knows her marriage is in trouble? I never minded her that much before, but now she's on my shit list for this show. I could really care less what happens with her, George and Izzy. Although the thought of Gizzie being a couple makes me cringe.

I got really pissed that Adele passed out at the end. If she dies, I am DONE with this show. Why does everybody's family members have to be in the hospital this season? It's just so ridiculous!

The only characters left that I actually like:

Bailey
    Chief
    Alex

Everyone else has gotten completely ridiculous. Although Meredith always was ridiculous.

^^Here, here, although, I will add McSteamy to the list, because I don't think his character's been developed enough and he's never done anything to piss me off.

The stories are turning ridiculous. I hope they fix it next season.

^^ Oh yes, how can I forget McSteamy! I do like him too! I love his scenes with the Chief when he's trying to help him hit on women.

Callie wanting to get pregnant to trap George into staying in the marriage is so typical of her character. She thrives on manipulation... just like she took advantage of his emotional vulnerability after his father's death to manipulate him into taking her back.

Callie gets what she wants by browbeating and bullying everyone around her, so it's no surprise she wants to use a pregnancy to browbeat George into staying in an unhappy marriage.

I was also annoyed with Meredith's special treatment regarding the exam. I understand that she had family problems, but part of being a doctor is being able to handle stress. Meredith has proven time and time again that she can't do that. What about the other interns who failed the exam? Did they also have the option of re-taking it, alone in the Chief's office, with a drink and a snack to make sure that they were afforded maximum comfort? Now, an intern who DIDN'T score in the bottom 5 is going to be cut from the program because, despite the fact that Meredith didn't even try, she's Ellis' daughter so they're going to give her a space. She could easily have asked to take the exam later. Instead, she went in there and left the whole thing blank to be sure that she got plenty of attention and knowing that they'd all become extremely concerned and fawn all over her and let her retake it. When is everyone at Seattle Grace going to stop kissing her ass? She's a mediocre surgeon who's sleeping with her boss, made a mistake that killed her patient, and failed her intern exam. Why do they keep making her the exception to the rule? It's about time for the Chief to tell her she needs to start considering other career paths.
    Last edited by southernbelle; May 11th, 2007 at 12:39 PM.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Tot View Post
    I got really pissed that Adele passed out at the end. If she dies, I am DONE with this show. Why does everybody's family members have to be in the hospital this season? It's just so ridiculous!

The only characters left that I actually like:

Bailey
    Chief
    Alex

Everyone else has gotten completely ridiculous. Although Meredith always was ridiculous.
    I so totally agree! Meredith annoys me. And everyone's relatives have been on; even Izzie's "i gave up for adoption" daughter... OMG, why am I still watching it?

It sickened me that the whole episode centered around Meredith. Poor baby, she killed her stepmom and now she needs everyone to feel bad for her. I was so glad that he dad lashed out at her. Both her dad and stepmom were trying to make an effort with her and she always kept them on a short leash. I was so pissed when she was allowed to retake the exam. This show is so unbelievable. I don't believe that Callie forced George into marriage. I honestly believe that if Izzie didn't keep second guessing him about the marriage then he would have been happy and content. I wish they had showed why the 2 got married. Instead we were left to guess about what happened behind the scenes. I hate this show now. Truthfully the only reasons I watch now is because I want to see George tell Izzie to go away and I want to see McDreamy cheat on Meredith

I really don't think Callie was trying to manipulate George, either. When he proposed to her she seemed a bit put-off, but I think that they both decided "to hell with it!" and got married (not the wisest decision, but hey). I didn't see that she somehow manipulated him into marriage, she had never even mentioned it before he proposed. In any case, I always liked that Callie wasn't a sniffling little baby around her boyfriend, like alot of the other characters (besides Christina). Sure, some people could see her as a bitch the way she treated George sometimes at work, but I don't. She was a resident, he was an intern - and thats a male-dominated workforce. She simply couldn't be seen as deferring to her husband or as weak at her job. Sometimes it seemed like he couldn't respect that. When they showed them outside of work they always seemed really happy. So yeah, I hate her character lately, but mainly I hate the writers for taking a strong character and turning her into a needy neurotic mess.

And I totally agree with the others that the whole way that they coddled Meredith this past episode was so weak and stupid. She seems to always get a pass because she's so "tragic." But I never understood the fact that they let Izzie come back to complete her internship after the whole Denny fiasco too - I mean, the girl broke every rule in the book, not only legal but ethical, and they ignore it because its so sad Denny died? And whenever Bailey stepped up and took responsibility for that (saying she was too busy with her family?!) I wanted to about slap someone. This is so out of touch with reality.

I'm with teforde, with George telling Izzie off and seeing McDreamy cheat - it seems like the only way to salvage this show at this point.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

so many things pissed me off this episode, i think i've finally given up on this show.

SPOILER

Ok, when Derek tells Meredith, "I met a girl last night," I yelled, "DICK!" at the TV. He pisses me off. One minute he's, "I can't breathe for you," then "You aren't communicating with me," then "I met a girl last night," then "you're the love of my life." Make up your damn mind, either you want to be with Meredith, or you don't, quit jacking around.

Ok, Callie Chief Resident? HTF did that happen? Where does that leave Bailey?

Burke left. So does this mean he was fired due to his racial slurs? I am also kind of relieved. I couldn't see Cristina become the stereotypical "surgeon's wife."

And Izzie. BARF. Just leave George alone. Since he failed anyway, is he going somewhere else?

There were nice loose ends that will go into next season, but some of it didn't make sense, and some justs disgusts me...

But I will say, Sandra Oh was absolutely phenomenal. She's an underrated actress.

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeStudent View Post
    so many things pissed me off this episode, i think i've finally given up on this show.
    This is exactly what I was going to write. After watching the finale last night, I turned to my roommate and said, "I'm done with this show."

Shonda repeatedly goes out of her way to fuck things up for her main characters. Apparently she hasn't figured out that when she picks the "bad" ending every time, it stops being "shocking," which is what I think she's trying to go for, and becomes frustrating and disappointing.

She's run the characters of Cristina, Burke, George, Bailey, Addison, Izzie, Meredith, and Derek into the ground. She's starting to go there with Alex (DROP the Ava storyline already). This season finale resulted in such serious devastation and disruption for so many of the main characters that I think the damage she's done at this point is irreversible.

I hated that the girl derek met in the bar was lexie grey. another intern for him to hook up with (and meredith's half sister to boot)....
    the chief promised both burke and miranda chief surgeon/resident and he gave neither and like anyone would really pass up cheif surgeon after fighting so hard for it.

Bailey needs to demand an explanation as to why she was not made chief resident. Besides the fact that it was promised to her, Callie doesn't seem to have outperformed her in any area other than sleeping with co-workers. George needs to demand that the hospital pull the same strings for him that they did for Meredith, who also technically failed the exam, to allow him a spot as a resident. Had it not been for the fact that the chief bends over backwards to kiss Meredith's ass because he was fucking her mom, she would have been cut from the program before she even knew what was happening after pulling a stunt like that.
    Last edited by southernbelle; May 18th, 2007 at 03:16 PM.

But with Merediths sister, the show has an intern named Grey . Can they now PLEASE kill Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    But I will say, Sandra Oh was absolutely phenomenal. She's an underrated actress.
    Sandra Oh has always been phenomenal (and for the record I'm in the minority that thinks she's a beautiful woman as well), she is given so much less credit than she deserves. I was totally gutted during the final scene in the apartment, it was heartbreaking.

Thread Information