Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I must be the only one in the free world who never understood the huge following of Derek and Meredith's relationship. Its bored me since day one. Maybe all the interns need to search outside the hospital for relationships, all of the ones inside suck ass. I still hold out hope for Burke and Christina, though.

Oh, and Tater Tot, the writers no longer care about the plot point with Izzie's daughter. It was only thrown in so we could feel sorry for Izzie. Now that thats over they no longer care, I doubt it will be mentioned again (except if Izzie needs more love from the viewers, then maybe the kid will die).
    ITA. Especially for Addison. The answer for Addison's happiness isn't to send her to CA to fall in love with ANOTHER doctor. The answer is for her to go out to a bar, have a one night stand with some random dude, and go from there.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Silver Member

I thought the LA part sucked big hairy ass style. It was so freaking boring and just too stupid. I found none of the characters interesting and Addison didn't even seem like Addison. It was like she was high the whole episode (maybe she inhaled too many exhaust fumes by driving to LA from Seattle in her convertible )... one minute she's saying elevators are aphrodisiacs, then she wants to have a baby, then she's crying, then she's talking to the elevator, then she's oggling the receptionist guy (who's going to surf on his lunch break from work! ) who looks 16 and has manboobs, then she's performing a C-section and surgery, then she's crying (again!), then she's tonguing the Tim Daly dude and goes back to Seattle. WTF? If ABC likes Kate Walsh they'll keep her on GA and not go through with the spinoff (but I'm pretty sure they'll go through with the spinoff even though many, probably most, people hated the LA stuff.)

What annoyed me the most was how many times they switched between the 2 places- LA and Seattle. They would have a couple scenes of GA with a total time of 2 minutes and then switch to spinoff for the next 15 minutes. It was hard to get interested in any of the plots going on because the 2 settings had completely different feels and looks to it and I thought the storylines going on in GA had a lot going for them and potencial to be really good.

It was too bad they cut parts of Cristina's wedding planning hell with her mom and Burke's mom in the bridal shop. That would've been funny. I liked that Alex was feeling upset about how things went with Addison and how Ava and Mark slammed him for it. The last scene with Ava and her asking him what happened to him that made him the way he is was done really well. I thought we were finally going to get some insight into his past but no... they want to keep teasing us with that. Maybe season 4...because it's about time!

I must be the only one in the free world who never understood the huge following of Derek and Meredith's relationship. Its bored me since day one.
    You're not the only one. I also don't see anything "Dreamy" in Patrick Dempsey/Derek. Meredith ain't so great either so both of them with their on and off drama bore me. I also thought they didn't have to kill her stepmom like that. Those Grey's writers sure love killing people off...

Oh, and Tater Tot, the writers no longer care about the plot point with Izzie's daughter. It was only thrown in so we could feel sorry for Izzie. Now that thats over they no longer care, I doubt it will be mentioned again (except if Izzie needs more love from the viewers, then maybe the kid will die).
    I totally agree. What could've been a good plot with the daughter, the writers used to shove more Gizzie down our throats and to make us feel sorry for Iz. It didn't work on me because I still hate her and this week's episode just made it worse with her whining it's not fair and kissing George in the elevator. I hope Callie kicks both of their asses.

So, it's pretty much Alex that keeps me interested. I like Cristina too but I'm starting to hope she gets a storyline that doesn't involve Burke.

I
    must be the only one in the free world who never understood the huge following of Derek and Meredith's relationship

No you're not . I don't like Meredith and I don't like Derek , I don't like them together

Count me in for never understanding the whole Mer/Der thing. Patrick Dempsey is ok looking, and I think people like him because he's come a long way since his dorky days of "Can't Buy Me Love" and other teen movies. But that, plus a good head of hair does not make him a hunk by any means. Also, Ellen Pompeo was seriously miscast in her role. I don't really like her character, but if they had found somebody a little bit better looking and not so annoying, then maybe Meredith would have been more likeable. I just don't get it.

Mer/Der is boring. They have 0 chemistry and their scenes together consist of Meredith either whining in an attempt to look "cute" or yelling at him while he stares, looking dumbfounded and annoyed out of his fucking mind.

I'm sick of them trying to pass Meredith off as "the one all the guys want to date." She has a body like a 12 year old boy, pasty skin, beady eyes, stringy hair, a bloated face, a voice like nails on a chalkboard, and a constant 'It's all about me... I'm always the victim' personality.
    Derek always looks stoned and scruffy. He bores me and, like Meredith, he's nowhere near as attractive as they want us to believe he is.

^^ Well said.

I wonder if any of the docs who were standing there when Mer's dad slapped her and blamed her for his wife's death are going to give him hell for doing that? I'm glad she rejected Derek at that moment, after the way he's been acting, I can't see how he thought she would just fall into his arms and let him comfort her.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I wonder if any of the docs who were standing there when Mer's dad slapped her and blamed her for his wife's death are going to give him hell for doing that? I'm glad she rejected Derek at that moment, after the way he's been acting, I can't see how he thought she would just fall into his arms and let him comfort her.
    I found it weird how they had Bailey, Chief Webber and Derek just stand there while Meredith was bitch slapped by her father and none of them said a word or moved a muscle. Bailey is usually kick ass to defend her interns, the Chief treats Mer almost like a daughter since he promised to look out for her to Ellis and Derek... well he's a moron so that wasn't as surprising.

Heck if I was Mer, I'd rather be doing shots of tequila with my friends (Izzie not so much but definitely with Alex )than communicating and shit with McDouchey.

It's funny but if you read this week's episode blog entry written by none other than Shonda Rhimes you can definitely tell she knows how unhappy people are about how things are going with GA. She's almost begging people to stay with the show and take a leap of faith because things will get better in season 4. She really fucked up with season 3...hopefully she learned and will get GA back on track.

Eli

You're not alone. I never got Meredith and Derek, or Addison (although I do actually like Addison!)
    I tend to focus on Cristina, and George... and to a lesser extent, Izzy.

I may be in the minority here but, I like the LA spinoff. I could do without the surfer receptionist who by the way is not hot. I kinda got the feeling that the Taye Diggs character is in love with Addison.
    I feel so bad for Callie. I think that George is making a fool out of her. And Izzie just needs to leave the show. I wish that she would die or go to a different hospital or something. meredith is just boring and annoying. I hope Derek cheats on her over and over again. I actually felt bad for McSteamy. He's willing to give up his whorish ways for Addison.

the show is just all over the place. too many random story lines and it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the show is just all over the place. too many random story lines and it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere.

While I agree with you - at the same time it's more like actual life.

(Feeling like it's not going anywhere)
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

My God.... Ava is such an annoying, obnoxious, bitch. So she's been lying to them and now refuses to tell them who she is. Why is she still there? She's not sick or injured anymore. She's just a liar who won't cooperate. They should put her back on the streets, let her fend for herself, and DROP this storyline. They've dragged it on for too long and she's not a likable enough character to make it worthwhile.

I do not watch Grey's Anatomy. But I think I'm gonna be suffering through Private Practice so that I can see Tim Daly shirtless and kissing whomever. Knowing me I'll just watch his scenes and not care about the story.

I figured something would be on Youtube. I'm an old Wings fan plus the love of my life looked like his twin brother. He's Mr. Failed tv show man. Personally, I'd rather see him do comedy.

YouTube - Grey's Anatomy - 3x23 (clip) - Addison and Pete's KISS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I found it weird how they had Bailey, Chief Webber and Derek just stand there while Meredith was bitch slapped by her father and none of them said a word or moved a muscle. Bailey is usually kick ass to defend her interns, the Chief treats Mer almost like a daughter since he promised to look out for her to Ellis and Derek... well he's a moron so that wasn't as surprising.
    Yeah, but theres a thin line between protecting your interns and interfering with a family situation. I would have been a little paralyzed too in that situation, I think. What are they going to do, start a fight with a man who just lost his wife because they're protecting Meredith? That would have been ridiculous. I could have seen Derek stepping in though, since he knows Thatcher and is involved personally in the situation. But of course he didn't.

I actually didn't mind the spinoff. It definitely needs some character development and some work but it seems a little lighter than the dark Greys these days. And to tell you the truth, I am so sick of watching Gizzie. No matter how much the writers try to shove them down our throats, I'm not buying. The rerun of the first season's episode was on the other day, where Izzie has George buy her tampons and basically emasculates him in front of all the other interns - there has never been even a hint of sexual attraction between them, and surprise! It hits us all in one episode, and I'm supposed to believe they're in love?

And count me in as someone who cannot believe that Meredith was cast as every man's desire. She has nothing there physically and her personality would be quick to drive any man away. She's so whiny and self-absorbed. In the first episode when they're all talking about how hot she was, I was trying to figure out what I was missing.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Thread Information