Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 496
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

  1. #16
    Gold Member haggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    977

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    So what is a code black? Anyone know?

  2. #17
    Elite Member SammysMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Up Up in away in my beautiful balloon
    Posts
    4,928

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Bomb

  3. #18
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    7,678

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom
    Bomb


    So, they're gonna have a bomb scare in the OR? I was thinking it would be something like anthrax, or another highly contagious disease that Dr. Burke discovers in the middle of a surgery.

    Well, I went and looked up hospital emergency codes; apparently, code black means a variety of things, depending on the hospital. Most seem to have a different color for bomb threat, and no "code black" at all, but according to an article on the Popwatch blog, it could mean "full emergency room", but I doubt that's what they mean on the show.

  4. #19
    Gold Member Fonzarelli23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,274

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    I just have to mention this----Pretty irrelevant but it's my only real claim to fame----I'm related to someone on the show. They're like a second cousin but it counts!!! They're still freakin' family! But guess what----I only watched the show to see him once!

  5. #20
    Elite Member SammysMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Up Up in away in my beautiful balloon
    Posts
    4,928

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl
    So, they're gonna have a bomb scare in the OR? I was thinking it would be something like anthrax, or another highly contagious disease that Dr. Burke discovers in the middle of a surgery.

    Well, I went and looked up hospital emergency codes; apparently, code black means a variety of things, depending on the hospital. Most seem to have a different color for bomb threat, and no "code black" at all, but according to an article on the Popwatch blog, it could mean "full emergency room", but I doubt that's what they mean on the show.
    Well I worked in the ER for 4 yrs and it was a universal understanding that a code black was a Bomb or Explosive in the hospital. Basically any hospital in the Houston area.

  6. #21
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    7,678

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    ^^I work in a medical facility also, and our bomb threat code is Code Yellow; guess we'll have to wait for Sunday to find out exactly what they mean...: )

  7. #22
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,224

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarelli23
    I just have to mention this----Pretty irrelevant but it's my only real claim to fame----I'm related to someone on the show. They're like a second cousin but it counts!!! They're still freakin' family! But guess what----I only watched the show to see him once!
    So who are you related to?

  8. #23
    Gold Member Fonzarelli23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,274

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by tulip
    So who are you related to?
    Don't know the name of the character but I know he plays a doctor. His actual name is Justin Chambers.

  9. #24
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,293

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    ^ IMDB says he plays Dr. Alex Karev.

  10. #25
    Gold Member Fonzarelli23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,274

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    He's about 12/13 years older than me and a great family guy. (He has 5 kids!) About 10 years ago he was just a model and was in a lot of Guess ads. I thought that was the coolest thing because that's back when Guess was popular.

  11. #26
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarelli23
    Don't know the name of the character but I know he plays a doctor. His actual name is Justin Chambers.
    Lucky you to be related - he's great on the show. And he has 5 kids??? Wow! He must have started his family really early. He looks quite young himself.

  12. #27
    Gold Member Fonzarelli23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,274

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    Lucky you to be related - he's great on the show. And he has 5 kids??? Wow! He must have started his family really early. He looks quite young himself.
    He's about 12/13 years older than me and I'm 23 so he's actually not that young.

  13. #28
    Elite Member SammysMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Up Up in away in my beautiful balloon
    Posts
    4,928

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    What he is 35. That's not old its still young. Still pretty cool Fonz. I have a cousin that works on the FoodNetwork, like a gopher. He works with Alton Brown and had worked with Gordon Elliot. He loved working with both guys, said they were very funny and approacable.

  14. #29
    Elite Member SammysMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Up Up in away in my beautiful balloon
    Posts
    4,928

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Ok stupid me forgot it was a new episode on so I went grocery shopping seems like 15 minutes before it came on. So what happened and what was the code Black?

  15. #30
    Gold Member haggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    977

    Default Re: Grey's Anatomy

    The code black was a bomb in this guy's chest. Apparently him and his friend made a homemade bazooka, which went off and shot him, but the ammo never exploded, so it was stuck inside his chest. The paramedic who was there stuck her hand in the wound to stop the bleeding, and then they realized that there was an unexploded bomb that she was probably keeping stable, so they couldnt take her hand out...

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 14th, 2006, 10:03 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM
  3. Music from Grey's Anatomy (TV show)
    By SnowWhiite in forum Music and Music Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM
  4. Christina Ricci to cameo in Grey's Anatomy
    By SVZ in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
  5. I Kinda Hate Grey's Anatomy
    By barbiedoll25 in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: October 12th, 2005, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •