Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Green Lantern' Cost $300 Million, and You Know What That Means...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    He's going to be in the Avengers though, isn't he? It makes no sense. I thought Green Lantern was part of the Justice League. How is he now an Avenger? At least we'll have Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Captain America, and Thor!
    I checked and he isn't on the cast list for Avengers.

Avengers, and the characters in it, are from Marvel Comics.

The Green Lantern is a DC Comics character (e.g. - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman), and I think those two empires don't do any cooperative ventures.

Well I knew he was in the Justice League (thanks to my kids who have Super Friends on a ever-running loop). Wonder where I read that and how I mixed it up.

Sorry Bella; I'm not a comic-book fan so I get easily confused by the two universes. I just like action/sci-fi movies, so whether or not this movie connects to the Avengers movies, I'll still lay down my $10. The critics panned Last Action Hero but I still loved that movie. I'll let you guys know what I think of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevMaxwell View Post
    I'm pretty sure this will do as well as The Green Hornet. Gee now that was a masterpiece.
    Green Hornet...is this why I've been thinking this movie has been coming out for a year now?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Funny review of this mess:

'Green Lantern' is 'Comic Book Movie Hell'

Peter Travers is urging everyone to skip Green Lantern, the movie based on DC Comics' sci-fi super hero starring Ryan Reynolds. "It is awful, it is bad, it is comic book movie hell," says Travers. "Michael Bay in a couple weeks is going to have to strain himself hard to make Transformers 3 bad enough that it can beat the Green Lantern." Though most everything about the movie is a mess, Travers does approve of Peter Sarsgaard, who turns in the picture's only good performance as the mutated villain Hector Hammond.

Hilarious video: 'Green Lantern' is 'Comic Book Movie Hell' | Rolling Stone Movies | The Travers Take | Movie Reviews, Interviews and Commentary
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information