Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great reviews for Lindsay Lohan in 'Georgia Rules'

Hit By Ban Bus!

She stole some stuff from a former friend who is a model... designer clothing. Waltzed right in supposedly, past an assistant (former friend apparently wasn't home at the time), and took a bunch of stuff that wasn't hers. Then gloated about it later over drinks and drugs with her friends.

Silver Member

I'll join you in defending Lindsey. I think she's a cute, talented girl who has the misfortune of having crappy parents. That's hard to overcome under the best of circumstances, much less under the scrutiny of fame.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She'll come out ok in the end and probably write one hell of an autobiography.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^^
    yeah that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Eh, I remember being her age and I'm pretty sure if I had been famous and under the scrutiny she's under, I'd have been labeled: , plus a few other choice things to add spice to the mix.
    But were you a thief? did you go over to some after party and clean out a closet full of clothes? Check out Lauren Hastings story on buzznet.

I had a few shreds of affection left for her until I saw that.

Trust me, I'd much rather like her and think she's a sweet kid. but she sounds like a massive shit.

I liked Jane Fonda on Larry King as well and agree that Dina Lohan is a nightmare of a mother. That said, now that La Lohan is pushing 21, it's time she cleaned up her act a bit and got serious...although when I think about it, it took me a few more years past 21 to get my shit truly together. The drug use and sleeping around? Eh, can't say I'm going to judge her.
    But you're probably a nice person. I don't think she is. I could forgive all her behavior but deep down, she may be somewhat rotten.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm a relatively nice person but then I didn't come of age with a camera up my ass every time I stepped out the door nor did I have the whole world judging my every step (my mother took care of that). So I'll cut her some slack. She strikes me as talented and fairly intelligent and for some reason I retain hope for her. I'll probably be proven wrong but hey, I'm an optimist. She's one of the few young celebs I actually find interesting.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Yes, but slack won't do her any good. I believe it actually does her a disservice to create excuses for her.

And I might venture to say that precisely because she is talented and has tremendous potential, people are even more justified in holding her to a higher standard and thinking her shameful, complete lack of responsibility are beyond offensive.

Someone like Parisite, for example, well you don't expect much but the worst from her; she's talentless, has had everything handed to her and has had horrid behavior all her life. Lindsay, however, has worked all her life, has tremendous talent and potential, and she should know better than to throw it all away so carelessly.

And as such, I really am not inspired to go see anything someone like that is in, regardless of talent or reviews.

Bite your tongue, missy! Something about this girl appeals to me--I don't know why--and I see her coming out of the crazy phase and doing some great work. She's different from the rest of the pack of 'starlets' in that she actually does have talent and a future, if she chooses to go for it.
    ITA, buttmunch. ITA. Even in light of LaLohan's most recent foibles. I mean, if former wild child Drew Barrymore is any indication, it is indeed possible for LaLindz to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Scarlett is a good comparison, Scarlett shows flashes of talent sometimes too, but has yet to live up to her potential. Maybe if she got her head out of her own cleavage, she could make something happen.

, classic.

I like Lindsay as an actress, but i only want to see this movie because of Jane Fonda. I LOVE her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information