Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great reviews for Lindsay Lohan in 'Georgia Rules'

i'm with butt, i like la lohan!
    i think she's got talent and she just appeals to me, can't quite explain it.

Eh, I remember being her age and I'm pretty sure if I had been famous and under the scrutiny she's under, I'd have been labeled:
    Quote:
    coke addled, foul mouthed anorexic drunk

, plus a few other choice things to add spice to the mix.
    that too. and that applies to a lot of girls (and guys) i know.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think the reason Lindsay Lohan has been cut slack and given all kinds of chances is that she has star quality and sells units. That's all the big studio bosses and corporate sponsors care about.

She has a fresh, interesting look and vibe to a lot of people and that is why she is still around. If she can conquer her past (as Jane Fonda referred to the other night on Larry King) she will really go places. Too bad Lindsay has a mother who has no clue about how to parent a child star in Hollywood. No self-discipline either. Dina Lohan is a fame and party-whore, not to mention living in the lap of luxury because of her child.

So count me as part of the group that likes Lindsay - though her drug use and promiscuity - along with her thieving antics makes her quite unattractive indeed. I guess I just keep remembering the first movie I saw her in - Freaky Friday. She was so fresh and endearing. It was said this morning by Felicity Huffman on The View that Lindsay is a very pleasant charming girl. I'm sure she can be. Better clean up and start making amends, then she'll be back on track.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I liked Jane Fonda on Larry King as well and agree that Dina Lohan is a nightmare of a mother. That said, now that La Lohan is pushing 21, it's time she cleaned up her act a bit and got serious...although when I think about it, it took me a few more years past 21 to get my shit truly together. The drug use and sleeping around? Eh, can't say I'm going to judge her.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i'm with butt, i like la lohan!
    i think she's got talent and she just appeals to me, can't quite explain it.

that too. and that applies to a lot of girls (and guys) i know.
    I agree, she is charismatic on screen, and quite talented when she cares to apply herself. I am alone in thinking she has a vague Elizabeth Taylor look and vibe. Something about her is mysterious and unknowable...and being one of the fighting irish, she'll have staying power.

Actually, I agree with the Liz Taylor comparison. And we all know Liz got up to some serious fun when she was young. She was just fortunate to first be part of the studio protection system and then living in a time when the paps didn't shove a camera up your ass every time you took a crap.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I don't think she looks like Elizabeth Taylor, but I think she has a unique look --or could have a unique look. By sporting that orange tan and bleached blond hair, she's trying to either look like her mom or every other Hollywood bimbo. The red hair makes her stand out, but she seems self-conscious about it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I can acknowledge her talent, but the fact remains she's a coke addled, foul mouthed anorexic drunk and attempting to poo-poo that is just plain silly.

She's also a firecrotch
    I'm with you, Grimm, 100% I've never liked HoHan. She thrives on drama. The only slack I'll give her is that with a mother like Dina, I don't see that she could have turned out any other way. It was inevitable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    I don't think she looks like Elizabeth Taylor, but I think she has a unique look --or could have a unique look. By sporting that orange tan and bleached blond hair, she's trying to either look like her mom or every other Hollywood bimbo. The red hair makes her stand out, but she seems self-conscious about it.
    yeah, edie if she could just realize how unique she is and what a trend-setter she could be, it would be awesome. drugs and partying do awful things to people. A few years ago I was so looking forward to having her around as a fresh unique face, as she appeared to have class and good judgment.

I think the reason people compared her to Elizabeth Taylor is that she has a really interesting look about her eyes, like Liz Taylor does. It's a mystique, an engaging quality. Not many of them have it.

Universal Pictures

Before there were Botox gift cards and the inability to weasel out of Mother’s Day phone calls thanks to free weekend minutes, there was “Mommie Dearest.” And “Mommie Dearest” was good. Good in a bad-good, hurling-Ajax-and-wire-hangers-at-the screen sort of way, but good.

Not so good is a lack of mother and daughter movies for the second Sunday in May. Anybody can truss “Freaky Friday” up in a pink Mother’s Day card — both the '70s wide-collar version as well as the Lindsey Lohan attempt — but it takes real women to set aside “Beaches” and brave “Postcards From the Edge” with mama sitting right. There.

Well, speaking of Lindsey, here comes “Georgia Rule,” in which she plays (I cannot imagine why she’d be considered for this role) an uncontrollable teenager who’s hauled off to Grandma’s Idaho farm for a summer. Mom comes too. I’m betting lip synching and hugging are somehow involved. If you can’t make it to the theatre because, like Lindsey, you can’t seem to walk without falling down a whole lot, try these mother-daughter DVDs. We’re gonna see how many wire hangers you’ve got in your closet. I’ve got 10.

source-‘Georgia Rule’ No. 1: Skip this flick - AT THE MOVIES - MSNBC.com

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Eli

I like Lindsay and I hope to see Georgia Rules soon.
    But I have to admit, she's a celebrity and her habits are known. My friend recently came back from LA and got into an exclusive nightclub, and Lindsay walked past and she said that she could smell weed as she walked past. Gross.
    I like her song 'Over' and a few of her movies... So of course, she's not as talentless as Hilary Duff. At least she tries to make GOOD movies.

I cant stand her and wont see movies she is in if i can possibly help it... same with cameron diaz... just certain people i cant watch

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Actually, I agree with the Liz Taylor comparison. And we all know Liz got up to some serious fun when she was young. She was just fortunate to first be part of the studio protection system and then living in a time when the paps didn't shove a camera up your ass every time you took a crap.
    So far you're the first! I've said this before and people have thought I was crazy.

Eli

Oh wow. I can actually see the Liz Taylor thing. Make me #3.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can kind of see it, but she has her own unique look too. I like her when she behaves, but that thievery thing did me in.

What was the theivery thing? I missed that.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information