Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Grammys 2010

She had it cut off when she had her nose done recently.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ouch! I like her new nose!

a comparison
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yep, gaga is sooo unique and creative.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by politesse View Post
    THE Pink performance was mesmerizing! Love her.

just saw a clip of it and completely agree...WOW!!!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yep, gaga is sooo unique and creative.
    no one said that. just not seeing the hooker. and i have no love for cher's music or costumes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I could be wrong, but when I see Lady Gaga I think she's been influenced by a little Madonna (or a lot - but maybe that's too obvious), David Bowie, Michael Jackson and a little Cher in a costume-y kind of way. She's so dramatic the way Bowie was in live performances. I've only seen her on SNL and I didn't know she was so versatile.

Maybe everything's derivitive?

Here's my pic-festo to burn your eyes out.

Hit By Ban Bus!

OK I was wrong we ti-voed the grammys and now I can say I don't care for the tranny queen Gaga. AND I hope the coochie lip thing isn't a new trend because it's just nasty.. ewwww

I liked the MJ medley with Underwood, Hudson, Robinson, Dion and Usher. The rest of the group stuff didn't thrill me. Heck most of Eminems rap crap was cut out. Black Eye Peas do the same thing over and over but I did think they did a OK job. Liked Lady Antebellum even when the curtain fell on her head.

Favorite of the evening was still Pink, she blew everyone else out of the water.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the only good songs cher ever had were when she was with sonny bono. i can't think of anything from her solo career that i would want to listen to. i think she's a much better actress than she is a musician.
    i'm not a fan of gaga but i think she's more interesting than cher. and cher's costumes were outlandish as in barely there hooker costumes with a lot of sequins and feathers. she never had any of gaga's weirdness which, yes, is contrived as hell, but then all stage 'personas' and costumes are and it's still way more interesting than cher's tacky, overblown vegas showgirl costumes.
    Let's not go overboard. Cher had some wonderful songs during her solo career:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxoWto09Oyg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSZwEwl_1Q[/YOUTUBE]
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    That sucks that Taylor Swift won. She really can't sing and has gotten all these awards out of pity.

And I'm not saying that because I like GaGa and was rooting for her to win (GaGa wasn't really a loser tonight anyway, she still walks away with 2 Grammys), it's just specifically Taylor not deserving it.

She wins because she wrote all the songs on the album, album of the year is more about content than how it is sung. I actually like her, better than B and Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by may561 View Post
    She wins because she wrote all the songs on the album, album of the year is more about content than how it is sung. I actually like her, better than B and Carrie.

I can't agree with you on that content comment. It doesn't matter who wrote the songs, and all of Taylor's songs are the ultimate in fluffy inoffensive pop. I don't know why I adore that little girl but I do. She has zero substance musically and I think she's just cashing in on her cute factor.

Quote Originally Posted by may561 View Post
    For the record, Lady GaGa wrote her album as well. She was working as a songwriter before she started this persona and began releasing her own music. I'm not claiming one is better than the other (The Fame is a simple pop album with mostly meaningless songs as well, but she did write them more than Beyonce writes her own music), just that Taylor winning because she wrote her own songs is pretty irrelevant.

The awards are sort of confusing but:

Album of the year is based on the recording and production of the entire album. It's given to the artist, producer, mastering engineer,and the mixing engineer. It's the top award- like best picture at the Oscars.

Record of the year is for one song. It also goes to the artist, producer, recording engineer, and mixing engineer for that song.

Song of the year is for the writer only.

My dad is a member of NARAS, and explained all this to me ages ago.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Let's not go overboard. Cher had some wonderful songs during her solo career:

[youtube]uxoWto09Oyg[/youtube]

[youtube]TOSZwEwl_1Q[/youtube]

Damn, I love old(young) Cher!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    For the record, Lady GaGa wrote her album as well. She was working as a songwriter before she started this persona and began releasing her own music. I'm not claiming one is better than the other (The Fame is a simple pop album with mostly meaningless songs as well, but she did write them more than Beyonce writes her own music), just that Taylor winning because she wrote her own songs is pretty irrelevant.
    Gaga co-writes most of her songs. I don't think there are many where she has written the whole thing, lyrics and music. Taylor co-writes too but I just looked out of interest and she has written quite a few songs on her own. I've hardly heard any Taylor songs though so I don't know how good/bad they are.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information