Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gossip Girl

I felt bad for Blair. It was almost painful to watch.

I think that Jenny found out about the situation from Eric, who found out from listening in on Serena's conversations. In the books, Jenny becomes an uber-bitch who seriously needs to be slapped in the face and told she's nowhere near as cool as she thinks she is. I was hoping the show wouldn't go that route, but unfortunately it looks like they're going to.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hmmm, I see. I didn't know that Jenny still associated with Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDecember View Post

And Jenny is (predictably) turning into a turbo bitch. It was never explained how she found out about Blair's double-dipping, was it? I think Jenny has designs on Nate and knowing about Blair's shenanigans gave her a golden opportunity and possible future inroad...
    It was-she listened in on Serena telling Dan during their candlelit dinner.

I can't wait to see how Blair plots out and carries out her revenge. It will be fabulous!
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Ok, i'm hooked on this show, gotta admit it!

What I LOVE is that despite all the backstabbing and complicated relationship webs, the show is at its heart The Love Story Of Serena and Blair. They may be antagonistic and occasionally bitchy to each other, but I'm a lot more sold on their friendship than with shows that are supposed to be about the female sisterhood.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

^^^
    true that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^I agree. I prefer it to the OC.

I can't wait for the new episodes. I think it will be interesting to see what Blair and Serena do to get revenge and to get Blair back on top. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about the direction they think it will go in?

Personally, I think that Serena's going to make a big deal to Dan about how she's supporting Blair in this no matter what other people think about her. Blair's going to retaliate against Jenny on her own, in a big way- probably publicly humiliating her and destroying her reputation. This is going to piss Dan off because he'll assume that Serena was in on it and they'll get into a fight with Dan upset at her for fucking with his little sister and Serena pointing out that Jenny's not exactly as innocent as she wants everyone to think she is and that her social climbing is what started this mess in the first place. Dan's going to be "Team Jenny" and Serena will be "Team Blair," and I think he's going to basically be like "When you fuck with my sister, you fuck with me... so pick- me or Blair." As much as I like them as a couple, I think they'll end up breaking up because of it, which will free up the characters for more hookups/storylines.
    Last edited by southernbelle; January 13th, 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hahaha, I can't wait for Blair to unleash her vengeance on Jenny.
    She was just insufferable in the most recent episode. Where I was sort of on the fence before, I am now solidly anti-Jenny. I really, really want to see her get taken down a notch or two.

Jenny's not exactly as innocent as she wants everyone to think she is and that her social climbing is what started this mess in the first place.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by sippingthrustraw View Post
    I'm bumping this because new episodes come back monday!!! yay!!! FINALLY!

Lets get some discussion/speculation going...Southernbelle, good point about the blair/jenny feud messing with Dan and Serena's relationship.. i think it might break them up at some point at least for a little while..

also, do you think that Jenny is gonna start openly going for nate??
    Yes, I do. I think Jenny's going to do everything in her power to become the next Blair, and that includes hooking Nate. She'll want to be seen with him because she's all about popularity so flaunting him is a must for her. I can't wait to see how Blair bitchslaps her in retaliation.

I'm disappointed that they've cast Michelle Trachtenberg as Georgina. She's too much of a "name" and I think she has too distinctive a look to ever be convincing to me as anything other than herself playing a part. I really wish they'd gone with an unknown for that part.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I'm disappointed that they've cast Michelle Trachtenberg as Georgina. She's too much of a "name" and I think she has too distinctive a look to ever be convincing to me as anything other than herself playing a part. I really wish they'd gone with an unknown for that part.
    I totally agree with you. I cannot see her as anything but a goody. Remember this is Harriet the Spy we're talking about, how bad girl can she get...

I'm so freaking excited for the new episodes! I read a rumor that someone is going to come out of the closet in the next couple weeks on the show. My money's on Chuck. What are your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

If I had to guess, I would say Chuck or possibly Dan, even though I really don't think they've developed any of the characters enough to go there yet. Just based on what we've seen so far, it wouldn't make sense for any of the main characters to reveal that they are gay. None of them have showed any interest in the same sex, but they've all been aggressively pursuing the opposite sex. I know that a few (actually, most) of them have homosexual encounters at some point in the books, but the show hasn't set up any of the storylines to lead there, yet. Honestly, the only boy whose storyline would be somewhat conducive to that is Nate "I can't decide on a girlfriend" Archibald, and he's one of the only ones in the books who DOESN'T have any same sex encounters.

Another possibility is that it's a minor character like Eric or one of the adults.

The gay one is totally Serena's brother. Boring! I could tell he was gay the first time he was on the show.

I have to give Jenny some credit, I didn't think she could hold her own in a competition/feud with Blair. Just when I think she's totally defeated she comes back majorly.

And I'm glad Michelle Trachtenberg's character is coming. Serena and Dan having freaking hot chocolate on some stairs every night is BORING! Dan's a nice guy, but he needs to have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    The gay one is totally Serena's brother. Boring! I could tell he was gay the first time he was on the show.
    After watching last night's episode did anyone else get the feeling Eric (Serena's bro) was doing more than hanging out with Chuck's friends?

Also, Jenny is an idiot. She should be raiding Serena's closet.
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

So was last night's show as anti-climatic as expected?

Eric is gay, Jenny's a beard, and Serena is a murderer.

Do you think it was a rape then self-defense murder? That's what it sounded like. Also what does Georgina gain by blackmailing Serena???

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information