Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gossip Girl

Ok, i watched the premiere last night. (By the way Aussies; is this show on channel 10 or something?) I watched it on Austar.

It wasn't that bad. I like it more than the OC.

I really like Blair Waldorf's style. Elegant and conservative but not frumpy. Serena has some interesting clothes, too, but hers tend to be a little more "out there" and aren't as much my taste.

The show is improving with the new episodes. I'm not impressed with Vanessa or Jenny and Dan's mom, but overall it's growing on me.

Blair is so beautiful. In the books they made out Serena to be the prettiest; not the case with the actresses they cast.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Blair and Chuck have amaaaaazing chemistry.

Blair and Nate....not so much.

Eli

Maybe it's because this is the first teen show EVER that stars cast pretty much all YOUNGER than me, but I find the actors acting very wooden and childish, and honestly even the storyline I'm over. They did that with The OC. Josh Schwartz... he's like M. Night Shyamalan after The Sixth Sense... "Oh, must have a twist, I have to! People are expecting it!"
    All I'm saying is Schwartz doesn't have to fuel storylines with bitches in schools who are snobs. It's been done before... by him!

Hey Allie what channel is this on?

Eli

Fox8.
    It's not going to be on free to air. Ever.

^I watched it on Fox8. I was just under the impression that it was on free-to-air.

Dont mean to be an Austar/Foxtel snob but when free to air got Americas Next Top Model, everyone was all 'ooohh america's next top model' and i was like 'I've seen every season actually!'

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    ^I watched it on Fox8. I was just under the impression that it was on free-to-air.

Dont mean to be an Austar/Foxtel snob but when free to air got Americas Next Top Model, everyone was all 'ooohh america's next top model' and i was like 'I've seen every season actually!'
    lol. I also said the same when 'american's next top model' was aired on free to air - already seen most of the series on cable.

Eli

I don't get why we pay for repeats but we get new stuff for free.
    Seriously, shouldn't it be the other way round? Pay-TV would get more revenue.
    "Want to see Grey's Anatomy as soon as it airs in America? Get Foxtel/Austar so you don't have to wait till February/July the next year!"

Well I'd die without Austar. Theres shit all to watch on free-to-air. At least i can turn on the tv with Austar and know there'll be SOMETHING on to watch.

Thankfully we have Foxtel here, or else, I wouldnt watch any TV. Free-to-air is so boring, I refuse to watch shows such as Home and away and Neighbours.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I find Allison (Humphrey's wife) to be incredibly annoying and shrewish.

At least the past few episodes have been Vanessa-free.

Yea, really. I totally agree, MissDecember.

Alison is such a hypocritical bitch. She left the family and apparently had no intentions of coming back, but when Jenny drags her waif ass back to Brooklyn, she's furious because Rufus has been spending time with Lily? Wasn't she fucking someone else as well? When you LEAVE your family and take up with another man, you forfeit your claim to your husband.

I'm getting really tired of the way she is constantly trying to portray herself as the victim in this situation.

Vanessa is pointless and obnoxious. All she does is bitch and cause problems. It gets on my nerves how she's constantly inviting herself to these high-class private functions and then bitching and complaining about them while whining that she doesn't feel welcome.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^*Agrees with all of it.*

At least this last episode was Vanessa-free. Well, I think it was. I missed the first 15 minutes of it.

I actually felt bad seeing Blair get taken down a notch. Everybody was kicking her when she was down...I fucking can't stand mob mentality. Grrrr.

And Jenny is (predictably) turning into a turbo bitch. It was never explained how she found out about Blair's double-dipping, was it? I think Jenny has designs on Nate and knowing about Blair's shenanigans gave her a golden opportunity and possible future inroad...

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information