Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gossip Girl

I like Blair and Nate and I wish they'd lasted more than like 2 episodes. Mainly because now I know they'll have Nate go running back to Vanessa, who I can't STAND. She adds NOTHING positive to the show. She is a whiny, hypocritical bitch whose sole purpose is fucking things over for everyone else so that she can promote her own agendas and then play the victim when she gets called out on it. I really, REALLY want them to write her off of the show.

I'm torn. LOVE Blair and Nate. LOVE Blair and Chuck. Lol, that was a useful post.

Silver Member

With Blair gone to college, how exactly does Jenny plan to enforce her new monarchy? Why would Blair's posse listen to her?

I hope this show doesn't 'jump the shark' but it's looking that way.
    Once the characters start growing up, the show doesn't last.

DitaPage...i hope ur not right. But yes with Teen shows the moment they go off the Uni; the shows normally get ruined IMO.

As for Season 2 overall i was disappointed. GG is still my guilty pleasure and I am sort of looking forward to season 3. But Season 2 really lacked alot. It started off good. I loved the episodes when they were in the Hamptons. But once Chuck's father died, the series took a very deep dip in quality.

I hate that storylines don't last for more than a few episodes. I can't stand that the guest stars only last 4 episodes. Plotlines get concluded way too quickly IMO.
    • I got very irritated by the whole Chuck and Blair, will they won't they storyline. I'm hoping that this never happens again.
    • Do something with Vanessa or have a be a minor character that appears in a few episodes.
    • Please show Dan having some fun. Why does his character still have to sneer at the Upper Eastsiders? It's getting old.
    • Make Jenny a minor character, i can't stand her or her silly plotlines.
    • Do something with Eric as well. When is he going to have his own storylines that actually last? The actor who plays him is actually good. So use him.
    • Do something with Nate; he can't just be eyecandy. At the moment he is a character the other characters date.
    Anyway i will watch Season 3 and see how it goes. I'm still looking forward to it and i'll definitely be watching.

xoxo

I've never seen this show, don't plan to watch and will only be tuning in to the 6th episode of this upcoming season when Blair pimps Chuck out to a gay guy and they share a kiss.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

fgg

fyi - season premiere tonight

I thought the premier was pretty good! My only complaint is about Serena's storyline. I liked it much better thinking she had become a mini-celebrity in Europe bc she hooked up with Cristian Ronaldo. Throwing in that she's acting up so the photogs take her photo and her father sees her in the newspapers is just depressing.

And I love that girl from Privileged- I hope she's on Gossip Girl for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I thought the premier was pretty good! My only complaint is about Serena's storyline. I liked it much better thinking she had become a mini-celebrity in Europe bc she hooked up with Cristian Ronaldo. Throwing in that she's acting up so the photogs take her photo and her father sees her in the newspapers is just depressing.
    I agree but I just don't get how this is gonna grab her father's attention. It doesn't seem like he's cared about them for a long time...Like seeing her acting up is gonna make him change all of a sudden. And how exactly is running off with a horse "crying for attention". I just don't understand her mindset.

Um the Lily/Rufus lovechild (forgot his name) is giving me creepy stalker vibe. I could totally see him kidnapping Dan for ransom or something, because he had the life this kid should have had...

I like Nate's new girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

The whole Serena becoming a celebrity thing is obnoxious. When they did it in the books, it was already pushing it, but it was somewhat believable because the Serena of the books is this gorgeous, bubbly, charming, "it" girl who just captures everyone's attention and leaves them mesmerized.

Due to Blake's generic looks and extremely limited acting range, the Serena of the show doesn't have those qualities. She's mellow, boring, and vanilla, and the only evidence we have that she's "great" and "popular" is other characters constantly SAYING she is. The audience never actually sees anything ithat backs it up. Blake Lively is never able to convince the audience that Serena actually IS the knockout the show intends for her to be. So, the storylines about Serena getting so much attention for being fabulous and beautiful and special just don't work in the show.

She's boring to watch.

Jenny and Vanessa need to go. Both are ridiculous and unnecessary. I don't know why they inexplicably turned Jenny from wanna-be prep to punk just because Taylor Momsen decided she wanted to be a rebel in real life. Apparently, someone doesn't understand the concept of ACTING, and felt they had to rewrite the Jenny character to suit Taylor's personal taste. It's not working.

Vanessa is so fucking annoying.

i think vanessa and serena are way too annoying. dan is actually more likeable now that he's acting like a rich bitch and less like a mopey resentful dick with a chip on his shoulder. vanessa needs to get over her 'eat the rich' class resentment, it's boring. and serena needs to die in a fire.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

WTF was up with Vanessa's hair? Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse (the raggedy cut last season), they seem to have added frizzy extensions that don't blend in. She looked pitiful at the polo match.

She's a useless character. It would be more interesting if she looked like someone who would fit into the society she hates/loves, but she always ends up looking wrong.

Another disappointing ep. Why does Blair care about being Queen B at Uni? I could understand at school. But at Uni with so many people? Why doesn't she just find people like herself to hang out with? I hate the way she is being written at the moment.

I am also tired of the Blair vs Georgina storyline...it's so boring.

Serena acted like a 5 year old child. Trying to sabotarge Chuck's business deals...so irritating. I like her and Carter together but not if she's going to use him like this.

I like Vanessa and the new guy (sorry can't remember his name) as a couple. But i bet it'll get boring unless he reveals the real reason why he is in NY. I agree that Vanessa is a useless character. But i like her and wish the writers would do more with her, Eric and Nate.

Speaking of Nate the only thing i like so far about him and his Juliet, is the Hotel room's interior that they were in. Nate sadly is another wasted character.

Anyway i am sure that GG will get better this season.

Heard it's in danger of getting canceled this season. Haven't seen the ratings, but they must be pretty awful if there's talk only 2 episodes into the season.

Thread Information