Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gossip Girl

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I don't want to hijack the Gossip Girl thread with drug talk, but my father is a heroin addict and I was told by my therapist that she'd rather youths on heroin than on cocaine or any of these other drugs like meth that make them psychotic and unable to function. Heroin is a depressant. My opinion is it's still a horrific drug.. but thats only because of what I've experienced with my father. The sad thing is she's extremely young and is blowing her life already. But my dad was on heroin at 16 and is still on at now at 52. But just because my father functioned for 30+ years on heroin, doesn't mean she won't suffer something unfortunate from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    ^Wow 36 years, I honestly don't know what to say to that. I feel for you for dealing with that. I've had friends not so fortunate. It just takes one time to do too much...

That's also really interesting your therapist said she'd rather have youths on H rather than other drugs. I've never heard that logic before.
    It is 100% correct. My mom is an MD and she's told me that heroin addicts can actually live to a ripe old age. Strangely enough, heroin doesn't seem to damage any internal organs, and if a person is addicted to it for enough years, because of its actions on all the receptors and whatnot, then they can actually die trying to kick it. The primary way that heroin addicts die, aside from OD'ing, is from malnutrition or infection (either from getting bad heroin, using the same injection site, etc.) or infection from the bowels. Because they are so relaxed around the clock, and often not eating, their bowels can become impacted with old food and they actually get gangrene of the bowels, and they can die. I didn't believe this so I had my mom walk me through the logic and its all true. Pretty crazy and shocking though.

Doesn't heroin also have the narrowest ED to LD ratio??? (Effective dose to lethal dose)

With someone as young as Taylor, I'd be more concerned about an overdose than the fact that she may not have long-term health effects.

That's interesting info, Cali. I think my therapist went on about something like that, but i tuned out, all I really heard was what I typed. It just refuted my Mum's constant 'HEROIN IS THE WORST DRUG ON EARTH' argument.

I think those photos of Ed and Helena are hot!

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    That's interesting info, Cali. I think my therapist went on about something like that, but i tuned out, all I really heard was what I typed. It just refuted my Mum's constant 'HEROIN IS THE WORST DRUG ON EARTH' argument.
    In most normal, non-medical ways, your mom is absolutely right. If a person wanted to be a drug addict for the rest of their life, without exception, every single day, for 60+ years, then heroin in their drug.

And it really sucks for anyone who might love them and want that person's pre-drug self back.

So by most definitions, heroin is indeed the worst drug in the world. Novices and first-time users die from it all the time- it is without exception the most deadly drug for those who experiment.

And its also the most deadly because once you get a habit, you either have to kick it, die, or stay with it for life.

^I agree with all that. Heroin also seems to be the drug most people are afraid of. It's still THE drug. I know douches who believe you're not a JUNKIE unless you're on HEROIN. Bullshit.

Back to gossip girl. I figure I'm way behind in Australia on the episodes. I just watched a few days ago the episode where Blair's mother starts dating some bald old guy (sorry, i suck at remembering names). Anyway, I saw candids of Nate and Blair kissing. So they're back together?

^Not yet. If they ever play a new episode, we'll find out what that's all about. It would break my heart though. I love Blair and Chuck. I wouldn't mind if Nate left forever, he doesn't bring anything to the show, imo

Yeah Nate and Dan can leave. I wouldn't be devastated at all.

Blair and Chuck are perfect.

Their presence on the show make me believe that rumor that Blake Lively and Penn Badgley aren't actually together for anything other than publicity for the show is bullshit. (meaning they ARE legitimately a couple.) Because I just don't see why the producers would pick those two, they're so boring, and aren't even the favored people on the show... hook Leighton and Ed up. They're the stars of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    I've never seen 'Gossip Girl' but I may have to watch because of Ed Westwick's photo spread in the March 2009 Harper's Bazaar.
    Here's the blurb about the photo shoot:

THE GOSSIP GRADUATE
    Supermodel Helena Christensen puts Gossip Girl's bad boy, Ed Westwick, in his place

Photos of Helena Christensen - Photos of Ed Westwick - The Graduate - Bazaar.com
    Thanks. These made me lust after him even more
    Fabulous!

Ed Westwick wasn't famous in England pre-GG.

On physical looks alone I'd pick Penn as the hottest, but I agree, none of them are amazingly hot.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    On physical looks alone I'd pick Penn as the hottest, but I agree, none of them are amazingly hot.
    i think penn's facial features look pinched or something and i don't like his mouth. i would say chase, even though he's probably gay. throw in attitude from gg, i'd pick ed but i wouldn't tell anyone that i was hooking up with him.

Chuck Bass is totally the hottest.

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    Amen!
    Fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    He looks like a rat-monkey hybrid.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

No way

I think Chuck's attractiveness goes beyond appearance. He just has presence, the voice (phwooaaar!) that none of the other guys have. The sexiest guy isn't always the classically handsome one. Chace is handsome; he has all the features, but no sex appeal, imo. (and boring as hell)

Thread Information