Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Golden Globes 2009 - Live thread - With spoilers!

See you all at the SAG awards next weekend or Academy Awards. This was fun as always. You all looked fabulous. Thank you for wearing proper undergarments.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Mickey Rourke. What the fuck??!

Tom Hanks is really looking long in the tooth.

Harrison Ford looks and sounds like he has alcoholic dementia.

Ricky Gervais is hysterical.

Hate Julia Roberts with her gaping maw.

Love Marty!!

Julianna Margulies is exquisite.

Drew and Justin Long look really happy. Why do they keep breaking up?
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

In Tahoe with fam so I missed the show, but just read the winners and I'm so excited for Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow!!! My roommate was supposed to dvr it for me so hopefully I'll see it when I get home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Hit By Ban Bus!

So glad Mad Men won. As much as I love TB, the last season of MM deserved the win so much more.

didn't want to start a whole thread about this so i'm putting it in here. according to lainey, bill paxton might have said 'i lost to cancer' when michael c. hall won for 'dexter'. others are saying he said 'i lost to dexter'.
    honestly, i can't make out what he says in the video.

from laineygossip:
    Worst Globe Douche: Bill Paxton?

We discussed this last night during the live blog having watched it back on PVR a few times. Whether or not, after Michael C Hall was announced as Best Actor Drama, Bill Paxton said to his tablemates that:

I lost to cancer.

Have received many emails about it this morning. Some of you totally see him saying it. Others insist it cannot be determined. And there are a few of you who think it’s “Dexter” that looks like “Cancer”. I can’t decide. I think I see that word but at the same time, I wouldn’t go All In.

Judge for yourself.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBHMWl6TaDg&[/YOUTUBE]
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    didn't want to start a whole thread about this so i'm putting it in here. according to lainey, bill paxton might have said 'i lost to cancer' when michael c. hall won for 'dexter'. others are saying he said 'i lost to dexter'.
    honestly, i can't make out what he says in the video.

from laineygossip:
    I think he said "I lost to Dexter", but perhaps I'm praying to God that's what I hear. There are a handful of people I would expect to say something that disgusting for a reaction (Kathy Griffin, Russel Brand, etc), but Bill Paxton is not one of them.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I can't make out any of the words he is allegedly saying!
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    So glad Mad Men won. As much as I love TB, the last season of MM deserved the win so much more.

I don't watch Mad Men, but I agree TB didn't deserve tto win anything. The second half of S2 was so bad it will take them another two years to get into serious contention again. I hope Alan Ball knows this and reacts appropriately.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think MCH deserved to win for Dexter but the cynical bitch in me also wonders if he pulled the cancer card here. Did he make his announcement before all the votes were in?

Also, the cynical bitch in me just never has quite bought his relationship with Jennifer Carpenter. I don't think they have any chemistry and she actually pings my gaydar.

Between them and Paquin and Moyer I'm convinced they're together for the benefit of job security and/or bearding purposes. Especially Paquin and Moyer, she seems way more into him than he seems into her.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I think MCH deserved to win for Dexter but the cynical bitch in me also wonders if he pulled the cancer card here. Did he make his announcement before all the votes were in?

Also, the cynical bitch in me just never has quite bought his relationship with Jennifer Carpenter. I don't think they have any chemistry and she actually pings my gaydar.

Between them and Paquin and Moyer I'm convinced they're together for the benefit of job security and/or bearding purposes. Especially Paquin and Moyer, she seems way more into him than he seems into her.
    OMG, I'm totally convinced he's using her for job security/character prominence/leading man status. If he were not dating Anna I am sure more attention would be paid to Alex at Stephen's expense, not the other way around like it is now.

Every single time the camera was on her last night she was looking at Moyer like she was afraid her success might offend him.I never saw a single solitary camera shot of Alex during the ceremony.

I think Paquin was nervous and was looking to Moyer for support but he took way too long to give her the reassuring look she was waiting for. That suggests to me that she's really into him and wanted that emotional connection/support from him but he wasn't paying all that much attention because he's just not as into her as she is into him. I hope I'm reading too much into nothing because she seems like a good egg and I'd hate for him to be so callously using her.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She does seem like a good egg and I like her very much. Him, not so much, which might be the understatement of the year. (he's reaching Jay Leno asshat status in my mind) But if you've read some of the things he's said, he is, imo, very much a domineering, possessive bf who might be capable of making Anna feel bad about her achievements.

No, I haven't read anything he's said. That would add a whole other ugly dimension to this.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

I'm pretty sure he announced it after the votes were in. Perhaps he made it public so no one condemned his "fashion sense" for wearing a hat to the GG's.

That's good. I like him, and I love him as Dexter, don't wanna revoke my fangirl card.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information