Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Golden Girls

Eli

I caught an episode last Wednesday morning at 1am... Dorothy hopped on a plane and Blanche said she suspected the plane was going to crash. Heee-larious.

Gold Member

I love this show. I used to watch this and Designing Women all the time with my mom when I was younger. They don't make sitcoms like they used to.

Nothing better than watching this show, when you're sick/hung over and just laughing your ass off.

And even if you have seen the episode a bunch of times, its STILL funny. ALWAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    My favorite is when Sophia has a nurse caring for her (can't remember why, haven't seen it in years) and Sophia, who is annoyed with Dorothy for some reason, starts referring to the nurse as "Pussycat." She then calls Dorothy "Pussycat" in front of the nurse who says, "Oh, you're 'Pussycat' too?" Dorothy turns around and says "I'm 'Pussycat I', YOU are 'Pussycat II'!"

Brilliant!
    I swear this one was on Wednesday afternoon. Sophia cracked me up when she came around the corner, in a wheelchair, and looked at the nurse....she couldn't get out of there quick enough. Good stuff!

"Shady Pines, Ma!"

Great show.

i'm watching the series on DVD now, i laugh out loud still. Bea Arthur is a comedic genius! i've always loved how well her and Estelle played off of each other.

I love the episode where Rose tells the story of the Great Herring War. CLASSIC.

Eli

Got the 1st season on DVD and watched two more eps last night before conking out at like 8pm.
    I liked the story about how Blanche's friend Anderbough's boyfriend hit on Blanche, and when Blanche told Anderbough about her beau's cheating ways, Anderbough told Blanche she was a liar and so Blanche lost Anderbough and her beau. And then Rose says: "I don't even know who Anderbobo is." So stupid. I love that kind of humour.

Anyway the one ep that made me laugh most was when Dorothy dated a doctor who then hit on Blanche, and at the end in this hilarious scene, Rose decided to flirt with the doc when Dorothy was out of the room. And then at the end, Rose calls Dorothy a witch or something as she's leaving, and then Dorothy leans back into the room and gives her a foul glare, and Rose turns, sees her, and then gasps and jumps back. Anyway I wish it were on youtube because I somehow lost my breath it was so funny. I've never had that happen before. God, what a funny show.

loved that show. classic.... especially sophia
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information