Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Glee

LOVE Jane Lynch. She is one of my favorite actresses of the now.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Default Fox announces open casting call for 'Glee'

'Glee' Open Casting Call Announced!
    March 30, 2010

Attention all Gleeks!

The executive producers of the Fox series "Glee" are holding a nationwide online casting call for fresh, young, and talented performers to fill new roles that will be featured during the show's second season.

Beginning today, March 30th, amateur and professional performers between the ages of 16 and 26 have the opportunity to submit an audition video on MySpace at Glee Auditions Official MySpace Profile. Submission deadline is April 26.

"Glee" is the Golden Globe Award-winning Fox comedy series "for the aspiring underdog in all of us," about an optimistic teacher trying to save his high school's glee club while also helping a group of aspiring underdogs realize their true star potential. "Glee" returns Tuesday, April 13 on Fox.

If you think you have what it takes to get McKinley High's Glee Club to Nationals, visit Glee Auditions Official MySpace Profile and submit your audition video today.

'GLEE' SEASON 2

Fox is casting new roles for the second season of the series "Glee." Ian Brennan, Brad Falchuk, and Ryan Murphy, creators-exec. prods. Commitment begins approx. July 1 in L.A.; shoot dates TBD.

Seeking—Performers: male and female, 16-26, all ethnicities, all types, professionals and amateurs, fresh, young, talented, for new roles that will be featured during the second season of "Glee." Note: Only one entry per person.

For more info and to enter, visit Glee Auditions Official MySpace Profile and upload your audition video. Submission deadline is April 26.

Audition videos must be limited to five minutes in length, including a one-minute introduction and a four-minute song performance. Videos must feature an explanation about why the auditioner wants to be on "Glee," as well as a demonstration of his/her stellar singing ability by performing one of 10 "Glee" hits including "True Colors," "You Can't Always Get What You Want," and "Lean on Me."

You must use only the songs provided on the casting call website. Performances must be either a cappella or with single instrument accompaniment via MySpace Karaoke, or by uploading their own pre-recorded videos.
    Find this article at:
    'Glee' Open Casting Call Announced!
    © 2008 Nielsen Business Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

GLEE is starting in 2 weeks!!!! Can't WAIT!!!! I hope the show keeps the same vibe as the first season. I have never bought a tv series first season,..as soon as it came out. But I did with GLEE! It is just a fun and feel good time. After hearing that the writer or creator is the same person that did Nip/Tuck, it makes sense. I loved that show immediately too. I just hope they can hold that magic for a few seasons. Nip/Tuck got old after season 3 for me.

The cast of GLEE was in DC at the White House....Michelle & the kids love the show
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

cool!! The actors on this show sure have a big hit! I hope the 2nd season is just as good as the first.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    GLEE is starting in 2 weeks!!!! Can't WAIT!!!! I.
    Yes! Time to set my DVR

Elite Member

I can't wait. It's been sooooooo long!

Glee cast is going to be on Oprah 4/7. I'm going to suck it up and watch even though I despise the big O. I need a Glee fix. DVDs and CDs not doing it right now

Default Glee Sneak Peek

Glee Sneak Peek: What to Expect When the Show Returns April 13
    Thursday – April 08, 2010 – 12:31pm

It's impossible to write about the first three episodes of Glee's spring season without using a series of exclamation points. So here goes.

Glee is back!!!!!!! And the episodes are fantastic!!!!! The hype is merited!!!! Slushy facials for everybody!!!!

Anyway.

When we last left our favorite club at McKinley high (waaaay back in December), they had just won sectionals. Cheerios coach Sue Sylvester got suspended for leaking the group's set list. Mr. Schuester split from his shrew of a wife. Can't be bothered with looking up her name.

The first episode picks up with the group planning for regionals. Mr. Shue decides that they each must come up with a song featuring the word "hello." Any excuse to bust out classics by Lionel Richie, Neil Diamond and the Beatles, right? And sure enough, the spirited numbers are all performed with an emotional intensity that rivals any Broadway production.

But the Hello songs are just a warm up to the extravaganza titled "The Power of Madonna." As any Gleek fan knows by now, her Madgesty wisely let producers have free rein her classics for this episode. Call it her savviest PR move of 2010 (close runner-up: Jesus). Not only is she effusively praised throughout the hour, "Borderline," "Like A Prayer," "What it Feels Like For A Girl," "Open Your Heart," "Express Yourself" and cone bras all get due diligence. Heck, even her decidely lame "4 Minutes" comes off well. There is also a recreation of her "Vogue" music video that is so hilarious and innovative, I'm not going to spoil it. Keep in mind: I live for revealing spoilers.

Guess what? There are storylines too. And, thankfully, none involve a fake-pregnancy blackmail. Instead, romantic developments are aplenty -- starting with Rachel and the dreamy lead singer of a rival high school choir group. He may be using her. After all, the guy certainly knows his way around "Like a Virgin." (Yeah, yeah, yeah, Finn is kinda in the picture too.)

Mr. Schuester also gets plenty of action. He makes out with, ahem, three women in the three episodes. Good news? None are his estranged wife. The bad news? Come on. A snazzy singer and breakdancer does not a babe magnet make. Besides, he's a stand-up guy -- seeing him jump into the arms of every woman with a pulse over the age of 21 (minus Sue, of course) just doesn't wash.

But let's not end things on a bum note. The episodes are also filled with touching themes about parental acceptance and inner-beauty. Sue's snarkiness reaches new heights. Kristen Chenoweth's character returns -- on roller skates. And Mercedes belts out a version of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" that isn't nearly as hackneyed as it seems. Plus --

--Eh, never mind. You'll see it all soon enough. Gotta go watch that "Vogue" video again.

!!!!!!!

--By Mara Reinstein for UsMagazine.com

News - Glee Sneak Peek: What to Expect When the Show Returns April 13 - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

I saw the show advertised during Idol last night, and it starts at 8:28 pm Central time on April 13th. What a weird time to start a show. And now it is on Tuesday nights. Last year it was on Wednesdays.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I love this show but they air it at such random times that I only catch it once in awhile. I think I may have to order it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

fgg

they were so cute on oprah. i'm so excited for this show to come back!

I watched 4 episodes last night on Hulu. Love it! I can't wait for Tuesday night. I'm a sucker for musicals even though I can't sing a note.

All of the kids are so talented and Matthew Morrison is awesome.

Can't wait for GLEE tonight!!! My middle daughter has her varsity soccer match,...but I am hoping we get done in time!

I'm so glad I checked this thread. I was sure it was on tomorrow. Thanks, guys! You made my day!

I'll be watching Glee as soon as FOX puts it online. There is simply no way I'll be missing Lost.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information