Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gilmore Girls-rant

LOL school uniform theory

Have to admit she looks lovely in that pic - they went out together in real life didn't they?

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Yup. That pic was taken at some event or other. Milo is a perv.

A perv you say.......I'm liking him even more

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hee hee, yes he likes them extra young. Alexis was only about 17 when they started dating and he was well into his 20's. He's been dating Pantyairs for a while now and I think he's past 30 and she just turned 19.

I love Lorelai and Rory's characters and I think Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham were perfect for the roles. Emily may be my favorite character. She cracks me up!

Elite Member

I always loved this show, but mostly watched for Christopher as David Sutcliffe has long been one of my favorite actors.

I love the character of Lorelei too and always hoped she and Chris would reunite. When she hooked up with Luke, I lost interest in the show. Talk about a mismatch. There was absolutely nothing endearing about Luke. I guess I love a rebel and Christopher was that.

I'm in the minority, but Logan was my favorite boyfriend for Rory. Michel (the concierge) and Sookie provided a lot of comic relief for me.

Logan was my favorite boyfriend too. Rory was too good for all of the other losers.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I always loved this show, but mostly watched for Christopher as David Sutcliffe has long been one of my favorite actors.

I love the character of Lorelei too and always hoped she and Chris would reunite. When she hooked up with Luke, I lost interest in the show. Talk about a mismatch. There was absolutely nothing endearing about Luke. I guess I love a rebel and Christopher was that.

I'm in the minority, but Logan was my favorite boyfriend for Rory. Michel (the concierge) and Sookie provided a lot of comic relief for me.
    David Sutcliffe was excellent in the role, but I didn't like Chris much. Emily pegged him when she said he was weak. Luke was boring, but dependable.

Logan and Rory worked well together, but I think the reckless way he proposed to her was totally in keeping with his character.

The best comic relief was Paris.

I still miss this show.

I could see the chemistry with Lorelei and Chris but did not feel they should end up together. She waited too long for Chris to grow up and finally do the right thing for her and Rory. I've seen it in real life too many times in my practice. Women wait for the man and help him try to become the man they believed he could be. Meanwhile he takes his dear sweet time and hooks up with other women while on their road to discovery. Then when the day finally come that he decided to settle the woman realizes he is not really what she wants. She is tired of raising him and trying to count on him when he let her down too many times. It's so sad when women have wasted so many years of their lives waiting for the wrong man.

I could see the attraction between Luke and Lorelei. He offered her the stability and love she had been denied most of her life. She offered him the excitement and possibility of breaking out that he had been denied.

gilmore girls was a great guilty pleasure show for about 5 seasons. then i think they went through some kind of writer change and it went steeply downhill. the banter and dialogue was less witty, the story lines felt forced and contrived, etc...
    i never liked any of the men on the show though (i had the same problem with sex and the city).
    luke was physically attractive, but his character was possibly the most unsexy love interest ever.
    early dean was kind of cute but then he turned dumb.
    milo's character was annoying.
    i didn't find christopher attractive but the character had potential. too bad it wasn't played by someone i actually find hot.
    logan was the only one that was actually sexy and interesting, even though physically not my type.

i loved emily and her husband, and the guy that ran the inn. suki was really annoying though, as were a lot of the townspeople and i really, really hated luke's sister and her loser husband. they were totally useless and unfunny.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I agree with Luke's sister and her husband. Taylor the grocery store owner was extremely annoying. Sooki and her husband added nothing to the show. Oh, and that strange guy, I can't remember his name, he was the most annoying of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    I agree with Luke's sister and her husband. Taylor the grocery store owner was extremely annoying. Sooki and her husband added nothing to the show. Oh, and that strange guy, I can't remember his name, he was the most annoying of them all!
    Kirk? Glad it's not just me who loathed Luke's sister and her painfully unfunny husband.

Michel was my favourite, the grumpy French bloke from the Inn

Yeah, Kirk! What a strange character. I think they were trying to have him be so weird that he's funny and endearing, but it turned out he's just plain annoying.

I don't mind Kirk to be honest, though I'm only up to season 5.....only discovered the show a couple of months ago and I had to raid amazon for DVDs!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I loved all of the secondary characters, but some of them, like Kirk, were only good in very small doses. They were only there to add picaresque color to begin with and that is all most of them were good for.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information