Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilmore Girls fans?

Elite Member

I used to watch this show faithfully - always loved it. I'm a bit out of the loop now. Last time I remember seeing it, Lorelei and Luke were going to get married. I was disappointed as I always preferred Christopher. Who's Lorelei with now and - if I can ask - what are people's predictions for the finale?
    Last edited by Elisa; May 6th, 2007 at 08:15 AM.

It jumped the shark, so this is okay with me. I used to be a devoted fan, but the plotlines have been running in circles ever since season six.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I used to watch this show faithfully - always loved it. I'm a bit out of the loop now. Last time I remember seeing it, Lorelei and Luke were going to get married. I was disappointed as I always preferred Christopher. Who's Lorelei with now and - if I can ask - what are people's predictions for the finale?
    You should've held on another couple episodes She got cold feet, slept with Christopher and then ended up marrying him. He & his daughter moved to Stars Hollow for a couple episodes before his big green jealous monster emerged and compelled him to leave (apparently it was taboo for Lorelai to acknowledge Luke's existence). I either missed it or they just left that storyline hanging - not sure if they divorced or are having it annulled or what. He just left. Or maybe it'll be wrapped up on the next episode, previews show him.

I'm sad to see this show go. I LOVE it. Can do without Rory, her storyline went flat 3-4 years ago and now it's just painful watching her scenes, especially with Logan (sorry, just can't see the attraction). Lorelai however carried that show and I would gladly watch several more seasons that just focused on the Stars Hollow crew... and Paris/Doyle (those two are hysterical).

SVZ

I like Logan

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    You should've held on another couple episodes She got cold feet, slept with Christopher and then ended up marrying him. He & his daughter moved to Stars Hollow for a couple episodes before his big green jealous monster emerged and compelled him to leave (apparently it was taboo for Lorelai to acknowledge Luke's existence). I either missed it or they just left that storyline hanging - not sure if they divorced or are having it annulled or what. He just left. Or maybe it'll be wrapped up on the next episode, previews show him.

I'm sad to see this show go. I LOVE it. Can do without Rory, her storyline went flat 3-4 years ago and now it's just painful watching her scenes, especially with Logan (sorry, just can't see the attraction). Lorelai however carried that show and I would gladly watch several more seasons that just focused on the Stars Hollow crew... and Paris/Doyle (those two are hysterical).
    Thanks for catching me up, Western. Wow! I did miss a lot. You're right - I should have held on a little longer. I would have liked to have seen more of Christopher. I'll have to tune in to the finale for sure.

I like Logan too, SVZ....just not with Rory.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I like Logan too, SVZ....just not with Rory.
    True, but if I had to choose one of them in that relationship, it'd be Logan over Rory...she's kinda...eh...

i hate the townspeople. and over the years they've gotten more and more important. they're not endearing and quirky, they're annoying and lame. kurt and sally struthers and i also can't stand laurelei's chubby chef friend. and i especially hate luke's sister and her husband. i literally fast forward their scenes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

SVZ

I can't stand Kurt.

I love the chef though..pookie? Lol what's her name

Luke is a gorgeous gorgeous man.

^^
    i think it's sookie? but pookie sounds better. she's not too bad but the voice is a tad annoying.
    and yeah luke is hot. much hotter than christopher who's so bland.
    logan is not my type at all physically but i like his character for some reason (ok, i like man whores).
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

SVZ

I think all the men on that show are pretty gorgeous.

Except for Rory's first boyfriend..Jared Padawacki or whatever bleck he looked inbred.

Jesse was a hottie, Christopher too, Logan and Luke...

jesse was cute but way too short.
    dean was pretty simple looking.

SVZ

Dean definitely fit his character lol

Eli

I agree with whoever said it's been going in circles since season 6. What I believe, is that season 6 had less original ideas. Then at the end of the season, Amy left with a huge cliffhanger. That cliffhanger should have been resolved ASAP at the start of this season, but instead it went on and on and on... and also, about Rory and Logan- he doesn't suit her! The beauty with her and Dean/Jess was that they were so radically different to her, and likable. Logan is a whiny putz. If Rory ends up accepting his marriage proposal I will be majorly pissed off for eternity.
    I don't care what the "Emmy winning" swines say. This is the best show ever.

Eli

So, the end is but a week and a day away!

Eli

Gilmore Girls is the kind of television program people should aspire to. It's not realistic, but who died and made reality the boss of TV land?
    Gilmore Girls is set in a place reporters have continuously labelled as 'a story-book Connecticut town'. And that's what it is. It's your dream town. The characters are quirky, loveable but not unbelievable. If I were to die tomorrow for instance, and I found myself in Stars Hollow, I wouldn't try to find my way back to Australia because it would be obvious I was in heaven. Of course, that's just me. And about 40 million others.

I have to say, there are a few things that should have happened in the course of the show's history.
    Lauren Graham- should have won an Emmy. There's no question to it. She should have won, maybe not in the first year because let's face it, Jennifer Garner was amazing in Alias.
    But character-wise, I have never-ever come across any fictional character so complex, so deep and so versatile in behaviour. I changed my name here and my avatar picture because I aspire to the character of Lorelai Gilmore more than probably anyone I've ever met, or heard of. Her wit, her charm, her beauty and her ability to deal with the most complex of problems makes her an amazing person. The fact that she's raised a Yale graduate to simply perfection before turning 40 is proof of this. It's just a shame that she doesn't exist in real life, because she'd be on Oprah.
    I am sad that Emily and Lorelai didn't admit that they love each other in some sort of way. I guess you could consider their 'Friday night dinner continuation' as a sort of reminder of their true feelings for one another, so I'm okay with that.
    I also just realised a few minutes ago that Paris was not there. I felt sad about that because she helped make this show what it is. But when you think about it, and like aliasfanjay said, she wasn't missed. At least for me, not until after watching it. When you think about it, it's a reverse of the first series. Paris appeared in the second episode, not the first. Here in the final season, she said goodbye in the second last episode, not to be seen in the finale.

All the basic characters were there. Patty said goodbye, followed immediately by Babbette ("Morey sandwich!") and Kirk ("I can't hear you, my ear-drums just burst"- what a perfect way to end such a strange character). Lane's goodbye was sweet and quiet.
    I liked that Sookie's goodbye was telling Lorelai the information she needed to be happy in life. That Luke did all this for her.
    And of course Luke. Loveable guy, brooding yet caring, finally admitted that all he wanted was to make Lorelai happy. I nearly died when they kissed, despite it being the most obvious thing on earth. You have to remember that in storybook settings, storybook endings have to take place.

I never really cared that much for Rory. I sort of put up with her and her storylines. I certainly have never hated her, in fact a few times I've really liked her. But all in all, not really the most interesting character ever made. She was like the Robin to Lorelai's Batman. I blame Alexis Bledel's awkwardness showing through to her character, but it's not fair to just blame her.

It's hard to believe that nearly 7 years ago, the Gilmore Girls arrived. They've been mocked in shows like Six Feet Under (I think... I didn't quite get what they were trying to point out) and Family Guy, as well as Mad TV, but really when you think about it... it's always the shows that stand out and are actually good that are picked on. Much like nerds at school! They always win in the end, and to me Gilmore Girls is actually the best show that's ever been made.
    This program proves that you don't have to be gritty and hard-edged, realistic, or op for sadistic humour to have a winner of a show. This show will not go down in the history books as groundbreaking TV. But that's only because of the age we live in, where so many other less-deserving programs take the spotlight.
    For me, that's a good thing. It meant that the show could continue under the radar for as long as it did. It meant that the show wasn't dragged along till season 13, whether the cast and creators liked it or not. It meant, ultimately, that Lorelai & Rory didn't man the first mission to Mars, or create a time-travelling machine that took them to Paris in 1784. Silly things to keep it going, you know what I mean.
    It means that to fans, the storybook world of Stars Hollow can be kept in a storybook-esque set on their DVD shelf. And that, whenever they truly miss the Stars Hollowians, all they have to do is open any of the seven sets they wish and make a random pick of a disc.

This is really cheesy, but I wish the cast and crew of Gilmore Girls all the best in their future endeavours, and to also thank each and every one of them for making the best show, the best characters, and the best town in the whole wide world.

Au Revoir!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information