Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree435Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8 (The Final Season) (SPOILERS possible)

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    In the books (according to Melisandre) it's the Lord of Light on one side, against the "Great Other" which is never really identified, other than being the enemy of the Lord of Light. In the show they made him the Night King just so the White Walkers would have an identifiable bad guy. But the Great Other is associated with the cold and dark (the original Long Night) so it's basically the same thing (we think).

Confirmed deaths - Edd, Lyanna Mormont, Beric Dondarrion, Jorah Mormont, the hot Dothraki guy, Theon. Ghost is in the preview for next week, and so are both the dragons so they all made it out alive.
    Ah ok, I do tend to conflate the Night King with White Walkers and the dead (I'm such a bad fan, basically here for the dragons and fights).

So was it a specific curse that Melisandre had to wear that necklace that kept her alive and her young facade on? Until the Great Other was defeated, I suppose?

Wasn't she a white walker? And the necklace was keeping her alive? That's what it seemed like with how quickly she vaporized after the Night King died and she took the necklace off.

I'm still processing a little, but that was such an amazing episode. We scared the cat with our screaming at Arya's moment, lol. So happy that it seems Brienne and Tormund survived so far. And I'm convinced that Jaime is going to be the one to take Cersei out in the end. My husband keeps saying Jaime is going to die soon, but I can really see him being the one to kill her.
    faithanne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Wasn't she a white walker? And the necklace was keeping her alive? That's what it seemed like with how quickly she vaporized after the Night King died and she took the necklace off.

I'm still processing a little, but that was such an amazing episode. We scared the cat with our screaming at Arya's moment, lol. So happy that it seems Brienne and Tormund survived so far. And I'm convinced that Jaime is going to be the one to take Cersei out in the end. My husband keeps saying Jaime is going to die soon, but I can really see him being the one to kill her.
    I didn't think she was a white walker. I think she's just VERY old and served her purpose. In a past season (maybe 6) she took off the necklace and we saw a very old woman. My read on that was that she had stayed alive to be there for this moment and knew she was done.
    fgg and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

I just finished it. Wow! My girls Arya and Lyanna are total badasses and I love them. For a second I thought Melissande was meant to be Syrio when she asked Arya what do we say to the god of death. I donít remember them meeting in season three at all.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Me too, greys! I had to google for those scenes.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    For a second I thought Melissande was meant to be Syrio when she asked Arya what do we say to the god of death.
    I'm still waiting to see Syrio again.

This episode was still keeping me awake 17 hours after I finished watching it! There were so many great scenes, starting with all those flames being extinguished in the dark distance. I do think they could have killed off a few more characters, even if I didn't want to see them go. It feels like they made only safe and predictable choices (except for killing off a child who was a fan favourite) which is not what I have come to expect from the show. That's a minor quibble though.

The red woman's necklace was really ugly, haha, I'm sure no one else wants it, haha, so I guess I will just, you know, pick it up and take it home because I hate seeing litter...
    fgg, louiswinthorpe111 and deenz like this.

I think I mentioned that we are watching the episodes on Monday's in our office, we have a small "cinema" with red plush seats and a big screen. Yesterday we were 10 people and we all had to stay for an hour longer and talk about what happened. At home, in bed, I had to look at recaps and other stuff posted on social media and other websites. This morning in the office, before anyone started working, we had to talk about the last episode. Each time the one guy that hasn't seen this episode yet left for a meeting we started chatting again. I can't wait for next week!
    greysfang likes this.
    -

fgg

the only thing that would have made it better to me was if the picture quality was better. it was all so dark that it was hard to tell a lot of what was going on. we moved from our living room into the bedroom and had it dark but it still didn't totally help.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Iím on a ship on the Indian Ocean, a long way from Westeros but Iím watching this thread so keep it coming.
    My beloved Jorah is dead? Noooooooooo. Let me kiss it better. I bet that mad bitch Dany doesnít care. Sheís too busy shagging her nephew.
    Hello, A*O

Well hello there.
    palta likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I didn’t expect this. Damn.

Yeah that was unexpected, I'm still trying to digest everything

Quite frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't more of a bloodbath out there. She had all of them (with the exception of Jon Snow) right where she wanted them. I noticed in the preview for next week that Euron is looking into the sky and seems surprised at what he sees. I wonder what that's all about?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information