Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8 (The Final Season) (SPOILERS possible)

Poor Jorah. I really liked him.

And fucking Bran, just all "I'm going now" and leaving poor loyal Theon to do all the heavy slaying. Sometimes, I just really want to slap Bran. He just comes off as a smug teen instead of the all-knowing sage he's supposed to be.

Also, fucking Cersei. Let everyone else do the hard work too and now she's the only one with an intact army. At this point I hate her so much I highly doubt Martin or the show writers can come up with a humiliation/death for her that will be satisfying enough for me.

I actually have next to zero fuck to give to be honest.
    I always thought that the Iron throne was a secondary plot, that the climax was supposed to be the confrontation with the Night King. After all it is called a song of ice and fire, so I was not expecting the fight with Cersei to be the grand finale. It feels like ... not as epic as it should have been.
    Beeyotch and Waterslide like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

^I get what you mean. The Night King situation seemed far more insurmountable than Cersei.

I forgot to mention how much I LOVED Lady Lyanna's bad-assery. That might have been the 2nd best moment of the show.

A*O

I’m on a ship on the Indian Ocean, a long way from Westeros but I’m watching this thread so keep it coming.
    My beloved Jorah is dead? Noooooooooo. Let me kiss it better. I bet that mad bitch Dany doesn’t care. She’s too busy shagging her nephew.
    Waterslide likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I’m on a ship on the Indian Ocean, a long way from Westeros but I’m watching this thread so keep it coming.
    My beloved Jorah is dead? Noooooooooo. Let me kiss it better. I bet that mad bitch Dany doesn’t care. She’s too busy shagging her nephew.
    Actually, she cried her eyes out at his demise. He ultimately was the one who stood by her the entire time and ultimately gave his life for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I always thought that the Iron throne was a secondary plot, that the climax was supposed to be the confrontation with the Night King. After all it is called a song of ice and fire, so I was not expecting the fight with Cersei to be the grand finale. It feels like ... not as epic as it should have been.
    Well, one way to think about it is that the books are called "A Song of Ice and Fire" but the show is "Game of Thrones". Moreover, having the Night King overrun Witnerfell would have pretty huge ramifications for how the rest of the season would play out. Pretty much everybody at Winterfell would have to be dead, including virtually all the protagonists. Either that, or the Night King would have had to make a feint around Winterfell after nearly wiping it out and then head straight down for all the southern kingdoms. Since nobody down there would have a united front, it would pretty much be Zombieland in a week or so. I also wonder what it would look like to have these ice white dudes traipsing down on their winter zombie horses to temperate climes. That would be a budget buster and would look kind of odd. I guess "Winter is Coming" never meant that a big winter storm front would overtake the southern areas. Plus, Donald Trump would Tweet that it is another reason why there is no such thing as Global Warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Yeah, it's so hard to keep people guessing with a show that's been on this long with this many characters, but the GoT people managed to do it. Even when you can predict something's going to happen, you don't necessarily know how it's going to happen.

Is your ultimate hero tonight's MVP? I don't even know how else to ask that.
    Yes, she was.

Oh my gosh, that episode! I actually re-watched the best parts this morning after school drop off.

SPOILER ALERT, but at this point I'm pretty sure you've watched the ep:

Fucking LOVE that Arya killed the Night King, with the dagger that was used to try to kill Bran in season 1. She's a major bad ass. I had completely forgotten that she met Melisandre in season 3 as a foreshadow to this episode. "Not Today" Also love that The Hound just keeps fighting to protect Arya time and again.

I was certain that Pod was going to die. I'm shocked he didn't. Sweet moment between Tyrion and Sansa in the crypts.
    Waterslide, Ravenna and fgg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I still have goosebumps rethinking some of the scenes tonight. I'm so nerded out that I feel like that girl that used to go on youtube and react to Twilight trailers.
    I remember her! Are we really that crazy? lol No, no. I never cried about how I will never be able to watch this episode for the very first time ever again

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I can understand it feels a bit anticlimactic, but I am sure they will rev up the drama and make us feel engaged and invested once again. It seemed natural to me that everyone except Cersei (true to character) would unite to fight the big bad and then you would be left with humans doing what they do-- fighting each other. Besides, since the white walkers were soulless, it was pretty hard to get a real hate on for them. I was terrified of them, yes, but the emotional investment in seeing them go down was not there like it will be with Cersei and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Oh my gosh, that episode! I actually re-watched the best parts this morning after school drop off.

SPOILER ALERT, but at this point I'm pretty sure you've watched the ep:

Fucking LOVE that Arya killed the Night King, with the dagger that was used to try to kill Bran in season 1. She's a major bad ass. I had completely forgotten that she met Melisandre in season 3 as a foreshadow to this episode. "Not Today" Also love that The Hound just keeps fighting to protect Arya time and again.

I was certain that Pod was going to die. I'm shocked he didn't. Sweet moment between Tyrion and Sansa in the crypts.
    She is, but we also got to see her feeling overwhelmed and scared, her confidence shaken and rather like the still-young girl she really is. I thought it was all very well played.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I forgot to mention how much I LOVED Lady Lyanna's bad-assery. That might have been the 2nd best moment of the show.
    I LOVED that moment. Such an epic death, such courage until the very end, when it truly must have been a horribly painful death.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I bet that mad bitch Dany doesn’t care. She’s too busy shagging her nephew.
    Loved that comment ������

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Plus, Donald Trump would Tweet that it is another reason why there is no such thing as Global Warming.
    Fair enough ��

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I can understand it feels a bit anticlimactic, but I am sure they will rev up the drama and make us feel engaged and invested once again. It seemed natural to me that everyone except Cersei (true to character) would unite to fight the big bad and then you would be left with humans doing what they do-- fighting each other. Besides, since the white walkers were soulless, it was pretty hard to get a real hate on for them. I was terrified of them, yes, but the emotional investment in seeing them go down was not there like it will be with Cersei and friends.
    I hope so, but I was still expecting something less down to earth than ‘fighting for the throne’ in the end. We had a war like that with Britain that lasted more than 100 years, it seems too mundane for me ��
    And the goth in me was expecting major darkness with major loss and beloved characters being engulfed by the eternal night and the cold embrace of the night king (I kinda like how he never seemed in a hurry, he kept on walking like he was taking a pleasant stroll in the forest on a sunny afternoon XD. )
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post

She is, but we also got to see her feeling overwhelmed and scared, her confidence shaken and rather like the still-young girl she really is. I thought it was all very well played.
    I can not wait for Cersei to die, I hope at the hands of Sansa or Jamie. Though, I can see him wimping out because he loves her (barf). She's such a completely hate able character. Her only redeeming quality was that she did love her children, even if one of them was a complete monster.

I'm still just blown away at the entirety of the Battle of Winterfell. That was such fantastic TV.

Seriously, I don't know how the next 3 episodes can top last night.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I know. Kind of a let down. But I'm glad the show didn't end with Melisandre walking off into the distance.

I kind of feel like I'm still trying to process that whole episode, so much happened.

So, like...that was Melisandre's whole purpose? To destroy the white walkers? I didn't read the books, does she have more of a backstory that explains that?

Well, the show is covering story lines that the book hasn't yet gotten to. From what I can recall from the books (the last one I read came out in 2011 and I'd just had a baby) we don't know her purpose other than to work for the Lord of Light. She was sacrificing kids from kings and had predicted to find "the prince that was promised" https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...ame-of-thrones
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    So, like...that was Melisandre's whole purpose? To destroy the white walkers? I didn't read the books, does she have more of a backstory that explains that?
    In the books (according to Melisandre) it's the Lord of Light on one side, against the "Great Other" which is never really identified, other than being the enemy of the Lord of Light. In the show they made him the Night King just so the White Walkers would have an identifiable bad guy. But the Great Other is associated with the cold and dark (the original Long Night) so it's basically the same thing (we think).

Confirmed deaths - Edd, Lyanna Mormont, Beric Dondarrion, Jorah Mormont, the hot Dothraki guy, Theon. Ghost is in the preview for next week, and so are both the dragons so they all made it out alive.
    C_is_for_Cookie and palta like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Hey, I have a question about Euron Greyjoy and Cersei's pregnancy. Didn't Euron brag about trying to put a baby in Cersei, and basically cementing his family's place in the Empire? But he doesn't know that Cersei is already pregnant again by Jamie? Do I have that right?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information