Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree435Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8 (The Final Season) (SPOILERS possible)

This episode felt very rushed to me. It had its moments though. Except the Sansa Dany one, that just pissed me off.
    Waterslide, Honeythorn and fgg like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I had to work...again...tonight, so I am just now watching the after-episode extras. I've seen people on Twitter saying they're bored with this season, but I liked the idea of this episode - sort of Breakfast Club meets The Big Chill. When will we ever see all of them in the same room again?

It was slow, but did feel rushed in the sense that there were too many easy solutions to years and years of hatred. It also felt rushed because not everything is going to be solved in that short amount of time.

I love that Jenny/ghost song. Florence + the Machine sings it at the end.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I liked Pods version better.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

"The big woman still there"?
    That line cracked me up.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    This episode felt very rushed to me. It had its moments though. Except the Sansa Dany one, that just pissed me off.
    I think that it was a little rushed in areas, and I think it is because one or more of them is going to die in next week's battle and they wanted to have closure for some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I had to work...again...tonight, so I am just now watching the after-episode extras. I've seen people on Twitter saying they're bored with this season, but I liked the idea of this episode - sort of Breakfast Club meets The Big Chill. When will we ever see all of them in the same room again?

It was slow, but did feel rushed in the sense that there were too many easy solutions to years and years of hatred. It also felt rushed because not everything is going to be solved in that short amount of time.
    I guess it could be seen as a slow buildup to a major battle. Someone I know said that it will last the entire episode next week and set some kind of record for how long it goes on.
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; April 22nd, 2019 at 09:12 AM.
    Waterslide likes this.

The calm before the storm. I loved this episode. Enjoyed the conversations, Tormund delivered the laughs and it had some touching moments. But I am sooooo scared... and excited, but soooo worried about who might die.

After last night's episode, I think it's more likely that Jorah is going to live - mainly because of alliances. I don't necessarily think it was a passing of the torch to Tyrion. Same with Tormund. I think Podrick will bite the big one - I mean, he had a swan song and everything. Jaime and Tyrion of course will live. I'm 50-50 on Ser Davos making it. I don't think Brienne getting knighted was a positive sign for her long-term viability. I also think that Gendry losing his virginity was a bad sign for him - but still, great sex from my viewing angle: Arya has a nice little physique - kind of like an Olympic gymnast.

Like many others, I was a little squicked out by seeing Arya naked. I mean, we quite literally watched her grow up and I had to remind myself that she's like 21/22 now and it was okay. Still felt squicky, though I was happy to see her get some Gendry. Too bad he didn't show more skin, like all of it.

I agree. He had way too much pants on
    greysfang likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Tormund trying to be suave talking about killing a giant, then suckling at the teat of a woman giant for 3 years.... Brienne did not find it sexy.

I love Podrick and will be sad to see him die, if indeed he does. Arya/Gendry, about time! I don't think Dany took Jon's revelation well. I don't see her dealing with him having more of a claim than her very well.

I wonder if everyone in the war room is equally creeped out by Bran. "The Night King has tried to kill many 3 Eyed Raven... he marked me... etc" Are they all thinking, "wtf is this creep doing here?"

I'm still not over how people reacted to the Arya /Gendry sex scene
    I don't recall hearing that much complaints when she fed a guy his 2 sons before slitting his throat, when she peeled off a girl's face, when she stabbed a fat boy, when she learned to become a deadly assassin ... so once more, the violence is OK BUT GOD FORBIT WE SHOW WOMEN IN CONTROL OF THEIR BODIES AND ENJOYING SEX OMG

Because I also don't recall anybody mentioning Sansa´s age when we got her rape scene.
    I'm so pissed at people's misplaced puritanism seriously
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Plenty of people were unhappy about Sansa's rape scene, but most were grateful it wasn't as horrific as the book's rape scene was. It has nothing to do with puritanism, but that Maisie still seems about 8.

She said the producers said she could show as much or as little skin as she wanted. It was her choice to show side boob and abdomen. I like this article where she talks about how she felt about the scene and what it meant for Arya. As an actress she is now 22, I don't see it as a big deal. Were their complaints with all of the other nudity this entire show or just because we've watched this actress grow up and she still looks rather young?

Side note: Brienne actually smiled. I think it was a first for her in the show.

My husband and I actually paused the episode to google how old Maisie is. We both had this feeling like the producers were sitting in wait for her to turn 18 and be able to do a scene like that-especially because the actress is still made up to look pretty young on the show. It feels weird watching it, but it's good to hear how in control she was of the scene, we've just literally watched her grow up on this show so it feels weird-and I felt the same about Sansa's rape scene even though I knew it was coming from the books. I still like the idea of the plot point and I loved seeing her and Gendry together.

Not even gonna try and lie that I cried over Brienne. It's such a big deal for the character. Of course she's got a huge cross on her back now though.

I loved everything Tormund did, but that's nothing new.

Dany is soooo threatened by Jon now, she doesn't even care how much he keeps saying he doesn't even want the throne or the fact that he's literally her nephew....

I loved the episode. I know a few people who complained about it, but there were so many good things, I think it's only "slow" episode that I've truly enjoyed in a long time. Between my husband and me though I think we've basically killed off the entire cast in our minds though. They tied up too many storylines last night so most of them are kinda disposable to the writers now
    greysfang likes this.

One more note from last night. I love Sansa's "war" gown and Arya's cloak is awesome.
    fgg and MsDark like this.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information