Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8 (The Final Season) (SPOILERS possible)

I think Tormund and Company were coming from Eastwatch by the Sea - where the wall fell - and found a estate (can you call them that in the North?) and checked it out. I don't think they knew the Umbers hadn't planned to help out the Starks.

Great episode. I kind of wanted the reunion between Jon and Arya to be more....same with her reunion with Gendry. I'm a lame romantic at heart.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I think Tormund and Company were coming from Eastwatch by the Sea - where the wall fell - and found a estate (can you call them that in the North?) and checked it out. I don't think they knew the Umbers hadn't planned to help out the Starks.

Great episode. I kind of wanted the reunion between Jon and Arya to be more....same with her reunion with Gendry. I'm a lame romantic at heart.
    Same here. It seems to me like the briefness of the reunions speaks to how much action and storyline are going to be packed into the upcoming episodes. I was trying to figure out whether there would be a battle with the white walkers next week, or whether they would address some other parallel plotlines long enough to hold it off until episode 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I do have a spoiler question because I must have been out of the room and come back in and missed something earlier.

Didn't Jon and Ser Davos say that the Umbers were not sending forces to Winterfell, and instead would defend their own turf - basically breaking the agreement. But then later, Tormund, Beric and Ser Davos are at the Umbers' castle and find out that it was overrun by White Walkers? If that's the case, did I misunderstand and the Umbers turned Jon down and then were overrun shortly afterward? Or did they not respond at all because they had already been overrun?
    The letter Sansa read to Jon was from Lord Glover, the big bearded guy from S6/7 played by Tim McInerney. They're the ones staying at home; it was the Umbers whose little lord went to fetch his people and ended up pinned to the wall.
    A*O, fgg, Waterslide and 1 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I'm kinda still hoping for a Tormund/Brienne hookup Or at least more ogling from Tormund 'cause he cracks me up.

I have to wait til Mondays, but it's OK with spoilers. I will just avoid this thread and the activity stream until I've watched each episode.
    Ravenna, I can barely recognize you without your Lucy Psychiatrist's Stand avi. I always coveted that one!

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    The letter Sansa read to Jon was from Lord Glover, the big bearded guy from S6/7 played by Tim McInerney. They're the ones staying at home; it was the Umbers whose little lord went to fetch his people and ended up pinned to the wall.
    Thank you. I watched after midnight after getting off work late and was like, "Who's this little fella?" and wracked my brain and couldn't figure it out. I did just read that an actual stuntperson was set on fire for real for that shot.

I didn't multi-quote enough, but to whomever said that Sansa looks like Melisandre...I thought she looked plumped to kingdom come. She's not old enough to be botoxted to within an inch of her face's life, but she is. That makes me sad.

Anyway, just dropping this here because it made me laugh. That scene when Jamie spots Bran and recognizes him was fascinating.

A*O, greysfang, Beeyotch and 1 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

A*O

My daughter reckons the Night King will attack Kings Landing instead of Winterfell so Cersei’s fucked. Not sure I agree.

I think Dany may be as batshit crazy as her Mad King father. She seems very comfortable killing people. Many examples if you think about it. Watch out Jon Snow.
    fgg and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

The thing with Danaerys, is that she tried to be a good queen. When she ruled Mereen, she married for the sake of political stability, she listened to advisers, she did not execute her hostages, she tried to compromise for the sake of the city.
    And they turned on her, the masters, as well as some of the slaves, it all went to shit.

Her views on ruling changed after that, which was demonstrated when she burnt alive all the Khals and then displayed Drogo as a symbol of her power to rally the khalassars behind her.
    She has no qualms burning people who do not bend the knee, when Jon would indeed show mercy, but let's not forget that Jon took a knife in the heart for his mercy, when so far Dany's still has pretty much everybody in check.

What might be interesting in this season, especially if she learns Jon's parentage, is whether SHE will bend the knee for the good of her people. Her entire identity is based on her Savior complex, she has no doubt about the legitimacy of her claim, and those 2 things may be thwarted in that season. She is not a savior in Westeros, but an invading conqueror with an army of savages, and her claim is not less legitimate than that of Jon.
    palta, Beeyotch, faithanne and 2 others like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Watched it yesterday.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates Sansa. She thinks very highly of herself.
    And I don't buy for one second the Daenerys & Jon romance. They have zero chemistry together.

The Cersei & low rent Ewan McGregor hookup: Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Ravenna, I can barely recognize you without your Lucy Psychiatrist's Stand avi. I always coveted that one!
    Sorry! Or maybe thanks, lol. I just got tired of looking at it already a couple of years ago, and I've always liked Lena Headey even though I hate her character and can't wait for her to die. Please tell me Cersei will die.

Regarding Daenerys, my sympathy for her as always been somewhat limited because even when she was trying to be a good queen, her desire to rule always seemed to be more about a sense of entitlement than anything else. And she has been showing more and more arrogance with her 'bend the knee or else' attitude. Oh, sure, I burned your father and brother alive, but they refused to bend the knee, you see, so I'm sure you understand. She was even interrupted in making a threat against Sansa ("Still, if she can't respect me...") to Jon, as though her brother is just supposed to accept that.

As interesting as it will be to see what Bran and Jaime have to say to each other, it could be more interesting to see a confrontation between Jaime and Daenerys, whose father he slew...
    Waterslide likes this.

I thought the young boy - Ned Umber? - was representing house Umber. And he requested more horses and wagons to get his people to Winterfell. Which he didn't achieve and ended up as wall decoration.
    fgg likes this.
    -

That scene scared the shit out of my cats when the Umber-walker started screaming.
    MsDark and Honeythorn like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I came across an interesting spoiler today: Cersei's body double was filming in Belfast, so apparently Cersei will 1) be in Winterfell and 2) be nude.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm all for that spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Sorry! Or maybe thanks, lol. I just got tired of looking at it already a couple of years ago, and I've always liked Lena Headey even though I hate her character and can't wait for her to die. Please tell me Cersei will die.
    LOL, I understand...I am sick of my avy but I just haven't changed it. I had Gwyneth making a stupid face for a while and that was funny yet too annoying to look at every day...

I saw a YouTube video about Cersei and how the evidence is stacking up that she will die. She talks a lot about how she'd be nothing without her children.

I'm enjoying the spoiler...interesting.

Regarding Dany...I still think she's supposed to be aligning with Alexander the Great and he died before he really got to enjoy the fruits of his conquests. This article is kind of along the lines of what I was thinking...

https://alexandrei0n.wordpress.com/2...der-the-great/
    Ravenna likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Well if you buy the spoiler of spoilers at the bottom of the rabbit hole since 2 years ago then: Dany will die in childbirth having her and Jon's (who also dies) daughter and the last scenes will be Tyrion and (I can't remember now who I read it was.....Missandei maybe?) raising the little girl/future queen and telling her stories/history about her mom and dad, all the shit that went down, etc.

Low rent Ewan McGregor almost made me spit my coffee out. Nailed it.
    palta, Waterslide and Honeythorn like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Careful on the interwebs guys, the episodes are starting to leak and spoilers are coming out. I know tonight's is out already, and I've seen spoiler tags for episode 3 too.
    lindsaywhit, Waterslide and palta like this.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information