Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree435Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8 (The Final Season) (SPOILERS possible)

I had a plate with grapes on it and one of the grapes rolled onto my laptop and I didn't realize it and I shut the lid on it. It was squashed, but it only smashed onto the function keys and no one really uses those anyway, so my keyboard is fine. But anyway...um yeah.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Silver Member

I think I would have preferred the "Bobby, I had the most awful dream when you were in the shower" from Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess of Verona View Post
    I think I would have preferred the "Bobby, I had the most awful dream when you were in the shower" from Dallas.
    They should have had Bran wake up after he got pushed out the window to tell Robb that he had the weirdest dream while unconscious. I could have lived with that over whatever the fuck this was.
    levitt likes this.

I thought when Tyrion wakes up in the jail cell and his eyes are super glassy (I thought he was actually dead) that we'd find out this was all a dream.

When Tyrion rearranges the chairs, I was hoping for a whimsical flashback to that scene when he and Cersei had a tiff over the chairs years ago and that just added to the disappointment.

Also...weren't there one or two entire seasons when Bran wasn't even on the show? Am I making that up?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It was so very unsatisfying. I hope this isn’t the ending of the books...if they ever materialize.

I hate the Ds. I will never watch anything else of theirs.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Martin said multiple times his books would reach the same end ��
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I think most people who have been watching the show since the beginning could write a more satisfying end to the show than what we got. I would like to think Martin would use this as a cautionary tale of what not to do, but probably not...

It wouldn't have been a perfect ending, but I think the episode could have ended when Drogon melts the Iron Throne. Actually, it all could have ended with Arya killing the Night King and then we could have filled in the blanks from there and I would have been happier.

And maybe I missed it, but after all those endless shots of people walking into their destinies, and that meaningful glare between Grey Worm and Jon, and the million other fillers in these past two episodes, did Jon and Sam ever even get a goodbye scene? I mean Jon and Tyrion get a "I won't see you again" scene, but not Jon and Sam?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Ghost finally getting a head pat was the only satisfying thing about this finale.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm not as disappointed as most people are, because it's exactly the kind of ending I was expecting. So unfortunately I wasn't blown away, but I don't think it was a "bad" ending. I wish they had another complete season, because a lot of very intense moments felt very flat because of the very short amount of time spent on everything.

My main disappointment is that I feel "robbed" of the main focus, to me the Iron throne was a subplot and what really matter was Winter that was coming and the dead with it. And it happens that it wasn't, but this is not on D&D, this is Martin's ending and I think he mind fucked us a bit here
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I'm with Tiny Pixie in that I was not surprised at all (or angered) by the ending. Might be a little too ideal, though.

Nothing will ever top the series ending the writers of "Lost" came up with after they wrote themselves into a corner.

Silver Member

I think the “ story” these last 6 episodes tried to convey would have been better accepted it it was spread out over 2 more seasons instead of being crammed into 6. There was no exploration of anything and it was all wrapped up so quickly it was just perfunctory. I mean when a show has to do a fade to black scene to show the passage of time thats just lazy writing and trying to wrap up as quick as possible. The scene with all the leaders was a joke . Tyrion went from a prisoner , to the guy who chose the next king to the Hand of the King. This was like a high school project being done the night before to get it done before the deadline .

Quote Originally Posted by Labelwhore View Post
    I think the “ story” these last 6 episodes tried to convey would have been better accepted it it was spread out over 2 more seasons instead of being crammed into 6. There was no exploration of anything and it was all wrapped up so quickly it was just perfunctory. I mean when a show has to do a fade to black scene to show the passage of time thats just lazy writing and trying to wrap up as quick as possible. The scene with all the leaders was a joke . Tyrion went from a prisoner , to the guy who chose the next king to the Hand of the King. This was like a high school project being done the night before to get it done before the deadline .
    In all seriousness, I'm surprised it worked out as well as it did. It is very difficult to hold onto people for a show that airs like 7-8 episodes a year. And to make sure they have time blocked off at the same time. Sophie Turner is doing X-Men movies and now is the star of "Dark Phoenix". She's going to move on and she is a principal character who has been there since the beginning. The only character I remember being switched out during the show's run was Clegane. Was there anyone else?

^^The time lapses were frustrating. I kept asking my son, "How'd that happen so fast?" It was jumpy.

Most of it was pointless. The point of Bran being the third eyed raven? Worthless. Jon Snow being Targareyn? Worthless.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I felt like it was too tidy. There were no big twists, which is what the show was known for.

Tyrion, as always, we perfect. His sadness in finding his siblings was so real. His speech to Jon was perfect.

My main problem is that everything was too rushed in these 6 overly long episodes. They could have done 10 episodes this season and I think it would have flowed better. Character development was lacking because they tried to cram in too much in too short a space. Also, Dany and Jon have zero on-screen chemistry so his refusal to accept what Tyrion was telling him because he "loved her" didn't feel real to me.

I like that he went back to the North, where I felt like his character felt most at home. I appreciate that Arya is off on another adventure, but it felt kind of lame. I know she's not a lady, but "going west" just didn't do it for me. I LOVED that Sansa didn't bend the knee, that she easily won the North and became the Queen. That was the right character ending.

In the books, Arya's dream as a child is to find out what is west of Westeros, so that part was good.
    Waterslide and NoDayButToday like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information