Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8 (The Final Season) (SPOILERS possible)

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Quite frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't more of a bloodbath out there. She had all of them (with the exception of Jon Snow) right where she wanted them. I noticed in the preview for next week that Euron is looking into the sky and seems surprised at what he sees. I wonder what that's all about?
    I wondered too, since now they should pretty much be expecting her on Drogo, what could possibly come as a surprise?
    More dragons?
    Is the show going to pull a Targaryan out of its hat just like the book?

I wasn't expecting that either, I think at this point it's a good sign the show is still able to surprise us.
    Some very sweet moments too, I quite like that they took their time for the aftermath of the battle. Just like the preparation, it is important in terms of character building
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quite frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't more of a bloodbath out there. She had all of them (with the exception of Jon Snow) right where she wanted them. I noticed in the preview for next week that Euron is looking into the sky and seems surprised at what he sees. I wonder what that's all about?
    Hmmm... I mean, that bit of convo with Cersei where she asked "are you SURE the dragon's dead?" "I saw him sink into the ocean" sounded a bit like they were trying to beat us over the head with Rhaegal's dead, so perhaps he's not, who knows? That gutted me. I was only affected by Missandei because of Grey Worm
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

I'm mad Jaime went back to Cersei. Blergh.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Of course he went back to Cersei. How is he supposed to kill her if he doesn't? I despise the whole Jamie-Brienne storyline anyway.
    Last edited by greysfang; May 6th, 2019 at 09:50 AM.
    palta likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I'm mad Jaime went back to Cersei. Blergh.
    I think they made it unclear why he went back. At this point, he knows that she is irredeemable and he is going to be c*ck blocked by Euron Greyjoy. Even if Cersei is playing an elaborate hoax by leading Euron to believe she is carrying his child, she still considers Jaime practically a traitor to the family. Not on the order of Tyrion, but pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Hmmm... I mean, that bit of convo with Cersei where she asked "are you SURE the dragon's dead?" "I saw him sink into the ocean" sounded a bit like they were trying to beat us over the head with Rhaegal's dead, so perhaps he's not, who knows? That gutted me. I was only affected by Missandei because of Grey Worm
    The dragon took one in the chest, but the last shot was of its throat getting ripped out. I can't conceive of it surviving unless the Red Witch were still alive to resurrect it or something.

I don't know the books at all, but the way Euron was staring was almost as if he had seen more than one dragon. How could that be possible, though, unless either the second dragon did not die. Or there are other dragons we have not seen before (where would they come from and why would they not have been seen by someone?). The other thing that could be possible is that the dragon is flying in with some kind of protection against the giant crossbow arrows (magical forcefield?) And don't get me started on those giant crossbows that have never existed in the history of mankind. And got reloaded in seconds rather than hours.
    fgg likes this.

Maybe Gendry invents some dragon armor or something. Or maybe its Jon riding Drogon.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Maybe Gendry invents some dragon armor or something. Or maybe its Jon riding Drogon.
    Jon actually being a Targaryen - what are the ramifications of that in terms of things like fire, ability to control dragons, etc.? Would that bring something extra to the mix?

The thing about Jon riding a dragon is that he is much less likely to use it to set everybody on fire. Could he use it in an alternate way that would provide an advantage?

I think they made it unclear why he went back. At this point, he knows that she is irredeemable and he is going to be c*ck blocked by Euron Greyjoy. Even if Cersei is playing an elaborate hoax by leading Euron to believe she is carrying his child, she still considers Jaime practically a traitor to the family. Not on the order of Tyrion, but pretty close.

The dragon took one in the chest, but the last shot was of its throat getting ripped out. I can't conceive of it surviving unless the Red Witch were still alive to resurrect it or something.

I don't know the books at all, but the way Euron was staring was almost as if he had seen more than one dragon. How could that be possible, though, unless either the second dragon did not die. Or there are other dragons we have not seen before (where would they come from and why would they not have been seen by someone?). The other thing that could be possible is that the dragon is flying in with some kind of protection against the giant crossbow arrows (magical forcefield?) And don't get me started on those giant crossbows that have never existed in the history of mankind. And got reloaded in seconds rather than hours.
    2) Giant crossbows. They were in Season 7. Qyburn invents them and Bronn uses one when they are battling after taking Highgarden. Still, it was fairly inconceivable that they could be re-loaded so quickly.

1) It is possible that there could be dragons hiding in Old Valyria as no one goes there since "The Doom" happened. I don't know why Dany didn't fly behind the Iron fleet and just incinerate them, seems like it could have worked as those giant crossbows were on the front (bow?) of their ships and didn't appear to turn.
    fgg and Labelwhore like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    2) Giant crossbows. They were in Season 7. Qyburn invents them and Bronn uses one when they are battling after taking Highgarden. Still, it was fairly inconceivable that they could be re-loaded so quickly.

1) It is possible that there could be dragons hiding in Old Valyria as no one goes there since "The Doom" happened. I don't know why Dany didn't fly behind the Iron fleet and just incinerate them, seems like it could have worked as those giant crossbows were on the front (bow?) of their ships and didn't appear to turn.
    You bring up something that I also just realized. Dany was not using her dragons at all for reconnaissance, but instead for a full frontal assault, with very little forethought to whatever counter operations Cersei/Euron might have. She should have flown ahead and high to see where Cersei/Euron's troops were distributed and what they were armed with.

Physically, Dany could have flown straight down at Euron's ships and annihilated them from above since the crossbows couldn't point straight up.

Cersei's strategy does remind me a little of a real-life battle that took place - the Battle of Lepanto, which drove the Ottoman Empire permanently from the Western Mediterranean. In that battle, the Catholic League lured the Ottoman ships into a channel and then blasted them to pieces from both sides with Venetian ships that were armed mainly with giant cannons. It caused such disarray that the Ottoman fleet basically collapsed.

I'm a little pissed that Arya snubbed Gendry like that. I get it, she's not a lady and never has wanted to be one. Still, the dude loves you and likely always has. The romantic in me wasn't happy.

I'm a firm believer that the show was better when it was more closely following the books - or at least had more input from GRRM. I kind of think that while it's still great, whatever GRRM has planned will be so much better. That is, if he ever finishes the damn books. GRR!
    Beeyotch likes this.

Hey, something else. Sansa Stark can't keep a damn secret!!!

fgg

^anything other than that reaction from arya wouldn't have rung true.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

A number of viewers believed that Arya was actually a lesbian but was kind of wavering when she bedded Gendry. And that the look on her face afterward was basically "Is that all there is???"

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I'm a little pissed that Arya snubbed Gendry like that. I get it, she's not a lady and never has wanted to be one. Still, the dude loves you and likely always has. The romantic in me wasn't happy.

I'm a firm believer that the show was better when it was more closely following the books - or at least had more input from GRRM. I kind of think that while it's still great, whatever GRRM has planned will be so much better. That is, if he ever finishes the damn books. GRR!

Sorry, Arya did exactly what was right for her. I feel bad for Gendry, but Arya shouldn't alter her own path for a damn man.

I also wish GRRM had more input into this final season. I feel like all of the Lore has just been excised from the story leaving Bran useless and things like that.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information