Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones - Season 7 (spoilers)

I loved tywin, he never tried to fake who he really is. Still the character I hate most is jamie.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's today!!!! I'm so happy!!!!

Greys - I'm curious why you hate Jamie the most. Do tell, please....

A*O

Oh FFS, Ed Sheerin?! Seriously?! Does he need the money or something? It can't be an attempt to lure the millennial audience, surely LOL I bet he "composed" that hey, nonny, no bullshit song too (think of the royalties!)
    Last edited by A*O; July 16th, 2017 at 09:47 PM.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Winter came for House Frey!
    Waterslide, dolem and sparkles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh FFS, Ed Sheerin?! Seriously?! Does he need the money or something? It can't be an attempt to lure the millennial audience, surely LOL
    LOL That was my response when I first heard about it, but I did really like the song that was sung. I wish I could download it. It could have been worse though - it could have been Theon's sister come to warble a tune. Ugh.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I loved tywin, he never tried to fake who he really is. Still the character I hate most is jamie.
    I hate tv!Jaime, I love book!Jaime. Book!Jaime is one of my favorite characters.

The Hounds comment about the Top Knot was too funny
    fgg and Fly_On_TheWall like this.

A*O

I don't think the Hound is in any position to comment about other people's hair style choices. But he's a sweetheart really.
    dolem likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Ed Sheerin was a birthday surprise for Maisie Williams, who is a big fan. The song is from the books and is about Tyrion and Shae.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Ed Sheerin was a birthday surprise for Maisie Williams, who is a big fan. The song is from the books and is about Tyrion and Shae.
    Well, then he needs to get on making a downloadable a capella version of it stat, because I love old-timey campfire songs and I have $1.29 burning a hole on my iTunes giftcard. That aside, thanks for the info and also, it's good to see you around, faithanne!
    faithanne and lindsaywhit like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    It's today!!!! I'm so happy!!!!

Greys - I'm curious why you hate Jamie the most. Do tell, please....

Season 1 Episode 1, he tried to murder Bran when he was little more than a baby. I will hate his guts forever for that.

I'd love to find that Ed Sheeran song as well. I like him quite a lot and really like his current album.

I really liked Jon and Sansa's interactions in this episode. They seemed very affectionate in their banter and argument, so I think that puts to rest some of the theories about them being adversaries. I hope Jon does listen to some of Sansa's advice. She's right that he is too much like Ned, way too honorable to play the game. Jon just may lose his head yet, YAY!!!

I keep trying to remember who the bodies the Hound buried were but I just don't remember.
    Last edited by greysfang; July 17th, 2017 at 12:54 PM.
    lindsaywhit and Waterslide like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think the bodies were just a father and daughter that the Hound and Arya had stayed with back in Season 2 or 3 when they were on the run. I think the family were running out of food or maybe the dad was injured. The Hound killed the dad, or injured them badly enough that he would die. The reasoning was that it was inevitable anyways, so why not be merciful. Arya was pissed about it.

That opening scene, with the Frey's, was perfection. Arya is bad ass. I loved that she killed them all, but spared the women. Now that she's basically as assassin she could easily get close enough to Cersei to actually have a good chance at killing her. God, I fucking hate Cersei. A small, tiny part of me feels badly for her as she's lost her 3 kids, but she's just such an evil bitch. Jamie needs to cut and run away from that monster.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Beeyotch like this.

Arya can't kill Cersei. According to the books, there is a prophecy that either Jamie or Tyrion will kill her. I'm betting on Jamie at this point.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

for me, the most interesting element of the episode was sandor clegane, ex-hound, still traveling with the banners without brotherhood. The group stops at what appears to be an abandoned house, but it makes sandor very uncomfortable. There’s a good reason for this, as he and arya visited it back in season four, episode two. The farmer and his daughter offered them shelter, but the hound beat the man and took his silver, later telling arya they’re going to die anyway. He was technically correct. When the group enters the cabin, the corpses of the father and child are in the corner; clearly starving, the father killed his daughter to spare her the pain, and then killed himself.

it’s the perfect embodiment of all of sandor’s past sins as the hound returning to haunt him, to see whether the changes he’s undergone since meeting brother ray are real or transitory. He buries the bodies and attempts to say a prayer to the seven gods for them, but ends up eulogizing them in simpler, much more heartfelt way. It’s a wonderful moment in the hound’s narrative journey, even though—or maybe especially because—he starts railing against beric and thoros of myr about why their red god keeps resurrecting beric dondarrion unlike the poor farmer’s daughter. Beric doesn’t know, but thoros tells sandor to look in the flames… where he sees ice, snow, and an army of the dead arriving at the wall… and then marching past. Sandor has always been afraid of fire after his brother gregor dunked his head in one when they were kids. Sandor seeing a vision of the white walkers in the fire feels momentous, somehow.
    greysfang likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Arya can't kill Cersei. According to the books, there is a prophecy that either Jamie or Tyrion will kill her. I'm betting on Jamie at this point.
    If only GRRM would finish a book we would know.....
    C_is_for_Cookie and greysfang like this.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information