Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones - Season 6 (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    This is going to be an unpopular opinion and I've never been a fan of Lena Headey as Cersei (love Lena, but she is nothing like Cersei) but her acting this season is terrible. A couple of her "Lannisters rool!" speeches have been incredibly stilted, like they recorded her at a table read and decided just to go with that. It really took me out of the scene this week.
    I wasn't as focused on the acting as much as the false bravado. So far, nothing that she planned to do to roll back the Sparrows and consolidate power has worked out. She is anticipating being put on trial, but is supremely confident because Zombie Mountain will represent her in trial by combat. However, the Sparrows have always been one step ahead, so I can only imagine who they would put out there to finish off the Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I wasn't as focused on the acting as much as the false bravado. So far, nothing that she planned to do to roll back the Sparrows and consolidate power has worked out. She is anticipating being put on trial, but is supremely confident because Zombie Mountain will represent her in trial by combat. However, the Sparrows have always been one step ahead, so I can only imagine who they would put out there to finish off the Mountain.
    SPOILER ALERT: the Hound.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    SPOILER ALERT: the Hound.
    As crazy as it sounds, that's kind of what I figured.

I didn't like this episode very much. Except for the dragon, that was nice. And Tommen's (probably fake) joining the Sparrows, that was cool and I'm on board with whatever hurts Cersei and this pod!Jaimie. Margaery was very pretty. And I also liked Bran's visions. And it was good to see Walder Frey again, I love the actor! He's so great in the part!

Other than that... Sam didn't feel like Sam at all and the whole bit with Gilly felt super rushed. Benjen was nice but sorta too convenient. I expected some reaction to Hodor's death and some freakout from Bran at the realisation that he caused it and generally screwed up in such an epic way. Not sure I like what's happening with Arya. But it might be my epic crush on Jaqen. I don't want to see that face go.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

A man has no face.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Other than that... Sam didn't feel like Sam at all and the whole bit with Gilly felt super rushed. Benjen was nice but sorta too convenient. I expected some reaction to Hodor's death and some freakout from Bran at the realisation that he caused it and generally screwed up in such an epic way. Not sure I like what's happening with Arya. But it might be my epic crush on Jaqen. I don't want to see that face go.
    I don't blame you - that's a good-looking guy.

How do we know Hodor's actually dead? I know he eventually got overwhelmed at the door. I didn't see the beginning of the episode, so maybe they showed it then?

Hodor? The actor has hinted in an interview or two that we didn't actually "see" him die, so who knows.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'd say the only chance of seeing Hodor again is if he joins the army of the dead. He and Summer both *sob*
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I'd say the only chance of seeing Hodor again is if he joins the army of the dead. He and Summer both *sob*

No, that Child of the Forest blew Summer up with her last fireball, so we won't be seeing Summer again. Damn, we're down to two wolves now? I freaking hate GRRM for that. He's just fucking evil sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    No, that Child of the Forest blew Summer up with her last fireball, so we won't be seeing Summer again. Damn, we're down to two wolves now? I freaking hate GRRM for that. He's just fucking evil sometimes.
    GRRM has only killed Lady and Grey Wind!

Anyway, I like to hope for Shaggydog. Perhaps it was a different direwolf and Ramsay is being played. We'll see.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

There were 6 wolves. As far as I know, only Ghost and Nymeria are still alive. Robb's is dead, Sansa's is dead, Bran's is dead, and Rickon's is most likely dead. The best count is 3 dead, two alive, and 1 probably dead.
    Alysheba likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    There were 6 wolves. As far as I know, only Ghost and Nymeria are still alive. Robb's is dead, Sansa's is dead, Bran's is dead, and Rickon's is most likely dead. The best count is 3 dead, two alive, and 1 probably dead.
    And I repeat, don't blame GRRM for show deaths! For me, Shaggydog and Summer are NOT DEAD until they die in the books.

Yanna is right, in the books there are still four direwolves living at the end of A Dance With Dragons. But I disagree about Shaggy (in the show). People keep saying the head was too small, but they're grasping at straws. Show Shaggy is dead, baby, as dead as Ned.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

But faithanne, are the Starks' direwolves the only direwolves left in the world? Isn't it possible it was a direwolf just not Shaggydog?

For it to not be Shaggydog, wouldn't the premise then be that the Umber's passed off a fake Rickon? And if that's the case, what kind of plot twist would that be the set up for?

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information