Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Game Of Thrones - Season 5

I have no idea what to think , so many questions I don't even know where to begin

I am speechless.....

I think Cersei has a hell of a body for a mom of three. Other than that I don't know what to think.

I agree. Damn talk about a slut shaming to beat all slut shamings. That bitch nurse rachet-nun with the bell was getting on my last nerve. I hope she got hit with some shit/spit shrapnel.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A*O

Well..... The ending didn't surprise me, he didn't have a fan base at castle black.
    I assume the new king's guard is the mountain?
    Lots of threads to pickup next April.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Actually, I was very surprised at the ending. You really don't have a sympathetic character to root for now in that entire region. The White Walkers are starting to look like the good guys now.
    Alysheba likes this.

I have not read the books but some online theories say jon comes back and is not really dead. Im going to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    I have not read the books but some online theories say jon comes back and is not really dead. Im going to believe that.
    maybe the red queen can pull something off. by the way, i missed the first 15 minutes of the show and didn't find out why the red queen wasn't able to help out Stannis after all. Then, when I watched the re-broadcast, it was in Spanish, and I didn't understand what she was telling Stannis. That was frustrating.

It started off great but by the end I was a little underwhelmed, especially as this episode was going to "break the Internet" but if anything that happened last week. If you don't want book spoilers/theories don't read on:

BOOK SPOILERS BELOW

Jon's stabbing is slightly different but essentially the same although his last thought before "the cold" came over him was "Ghost", so it's generally accepted in the fandom that he'll live inside his direwolf for a while, Melisandre will sacrifice Shireen to the Lord of Light (hasn't happened in the books yet) and Jon will be resurrected as Azor Ahai/The Prince That Was Promised/Jon the Dragonrider of House Targaryen. Or some combination of those things, the books are full of prophecies and cryptic dreams. Or he might just die and become zombieJon.

Also Dany's situation in the books has one very huge difference but I won't spoil it. It's only 42 weeks, not long to wait.
    NoDayButToday likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I need to know if Sansa and Theon were committing suicide or what.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

As a book reader I'm annoyed by the changes, very little of what was changed from the books or original material was actually for the better, which is making me dread the next season because that will be almost all original material. I'm still upset about Ser Barristan's death, who's still alive and kicking in the upcoming book(in fact has point-of-view chapters in book 6) but seems to be sacrificed so saint Tyrion(so much whitewashing) could step in and take over Mereen for as long as Dany is gone.
    faithanne likes this.

I hate Cersei so very, very much that I thought her punishment was laughable compared to the atrocities she's inflicted on others. She's pure EVIL, and her getting "shamed" and pelted with bodily fluids and yelled at stirred ZERO pity in me at all. Oh so they cut off your hair, called you names and flung shit at you, BOOHOO--you killed people with no remorse and are unspeakably cruel, bitch! She should be tortured, and left to die ever so slowly.

Really, they should have killed her. Letting her live was a mistake, it guarantees she is going to be merciless when she kills the priest and especially the "Confess!" nun character. Those people are as good as dead, she's no one to fuck with.
    C_is_for_Cookie and DeadDwarf like this.

On second thought, I don't think that is Lena Headey's body in the last scene. Headey is generally kind of lean, almost stringbean like. They have said they used a body double for some segments of the walk of shame. Definitely for the back - because Headey has a TON of tattoos on her back. But I'm wondering if they CGI'd her face on the body like they did for Bullock and Clooney in Gravity.

There's also something I feel really bad about. My kids came down into the family room while I was watching the episode, and I just let them hang out there. My daughter wasn't really paying attention (she was on her tablet), but my son was watching. I was freaking horrified by that Meryn Trant scene. And my son had said something out loud like "well, that's disturbing". Given how I felt, I can't imagine how a 10-year-old processes that. I told Mrs. Mohandas what happened and she was pretty pissed. She deliberately avoids stuff like that. I talked with my son about it while we were walking to school, and he seemed okay, but I still feel bad. I guess I've never really gotten used to how GoT scan swing from kind of an almost normal fantasy show to Saw/Hostel.....

fgg

i really liked the episode - finally some action on almost every front!
    -cersei definitely deserved some comeuppance but i was pretty sickened by that whole process being a woman. her new guard looked like he escaped from the planet of the apes under that mask. where was her son upon her return?
    -sansa/reek - if i was them, i would take death or broken bones or whatever to try to get away from that sadistic freakshow!
    -aria - oh boy, she kicked some ass but i have no idea what is going to happen to her. is she just blind or did she really die? i had great hopes for her character.
    -jon snow - NO!!
    -stannis - good riddance. now the red queen can disappear.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i really liked the episode - finally some action on almost every front!
    -cersei definitely deserved some comeuppance but i was pretty sickened by that whole process being a woman. her new guard looked like he escaped from the planet of the apes under that mask. where was her son upon her return?
    -sansa/reek - if i was them, i would take death or broken bones or whatever to try to get away from that sadistic freakshow!
    -aria - oh boy, she kicked some ass but i have no idea what is going to happen to her. is she just blind or did she really die? i had great hopes for her character.
    -jon snow - NO!!
    -stannis - good riddance. now the red queen can disappear.
    her new guard is the resurrected Mountain/Gregor.

There seems to be some disput on whether Jon Snow is really dead. However, it looks like if he comes back it won't be in Kit Harrington form (verified by the producers).

There is even dispute over whether Stannis is actually dead.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information