Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Game Of Thrones - Season 5

Why didn't Littlefinger give her a poison necklace or something?!?! I was waiting for Reek to kill Ramsey!! So disappointed that didn't happen.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

I was half-expecting Reek to snap and go ape-shit on Ramsey, too, for some reason. But that brainwashing is thorough, goes bone deep.

I am pissed at Cirsei's bullshit plan to get Margaery and her brother both arrested. I want her desperately to get her comeuppance!

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    I am not happy with last nights episode. Does there always have to be rape involved. Ramsey's father is an ass but I'm sure he would be pissed if he found out Ramsey made Reek watch and raped Sansa. I don't know, I'm sick of this shit. How about more man rape. Maybe if that was in everybody's faces men would feel different about it.

Can someone tell me WTF is going on with those heads?
    If you are talking about the faceless temple place, I read that those are faces of people who have poisoned and killed. And after they are dead, their faces are removed and cured for use by the faceless people.

A lot of people are unhappy about Sansa's rape. As a guy, I can only imagine what it is like to follow a series where a violent rape seems to be a constant threat to every female character who is away from their stronghold. Even Brienne was almost raped, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I was half-expecting Reek to snap and go ape-shit on Ramsey, too, for some reason. But that brainwashing is thorough, goes bone deep.

I am pissed at Cirsei's bullshit plan to get Margaery and her brother both arrested. I want her desperately to get her comeuppance!
    It is an incredibly idiotic plan. In that it is already obvious that the Sparrows know that Tommen is a product of incest between Cersei and Jamie. They were catcalling Tommen during the confrontation between the Sparrows and Tommen's guard a couple of weeks ago. So, the High Sparrow knows Cirsei's offenses - which I would think would be at least as big an offense as Loras' "buggery". My guess is he is just warming up, picking off the easy targets that Cirsei approves of, but she is clearly next.

I hope they're going somewhere with this rape thing, I was bored with Sansa in the books because she's the constant victim always taking crap from people and never standing up for herself, but at least she had ended up kind of safe (and that was a small relief) so I hope that they put her through that for something worth it.
    I'm quite pissed with that change for the time being !
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

A*O

Psycho sadist Ramsey Bolton raping Sansa is entirely consistent with his character and previous behaviour. I wasn't in the least bit surprised he did that, nor that he insisted Reek stand by and watch. I was more shocked by Sansa's apparent passivity and acceptance of what he was doing. Rape is a distressing but normal part of any war or conflict (it's happening in war zones all over the world today) and GoT is full of violent tribal tensions and conflict so in that sense it's authentic and has context. I certainly don't think the writers are glorifying or endorsing it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I actually expected worse considering how the story in the book went....I was cringing and on edge the entire end of the episode because I did NOT want to see it as it was written in the book (even if Sansa in the show is replacing a book character in this scenario, I expected that part would be pretty close). I'm not OK with it either way, but I really expected worse.

^The dog? I'm glad they left that out and toothless Reek doing his duty.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yeah...Reek's role in the book would have been way worse to watch than the way they played it out in the show, and there is no way they could have gotten away with the dog thing, no matter how they did it-and i'm thankful for that because I definitely didn't want to see it. I'm not saying it still wasn't horrible to watch, I just expected it to be worse and had prepared myself for that (and given my husband some mild non-spoilery warnings about it too)
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; May 18th, 2015 at 11:21 PM.

Although IIRC the dog didn't actually happen on the page, it was Ramsay's bride who wasn't Sansa (or Arya) SPOILER ALERT!!! and GROSS ALERT!!!! begging Ramsay not to hurt her again and she would promise to do whatever he wanted, even with the dog. So it's all implied but in the most distressing and horrifying way.

A*O

Sansa is such a drippy idiot. Does she not realise the danger she allows herself to be put in (the Lannisters, crazy Lyssa, psycho Ramsey) Or does she think her name and connections give her some kind of immunity. She was clearly and specifically warned about Ramsey yet went ahead and married him anyway. She's been through so much already I don't understand how she still just doesn't get that people aren't looking after her best interests and she's being totally manipulated.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^See I don't think she is being manipulated, not as much as she used to be anyway when she was alone and helpless in Kings Landing. I think some of Littlefinger's craftiness is sinking in.

I can't believe there are only two more episodes this left , the last 20 minutes of tonight episode was the best all season

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I can't believe there are only two more episodes this left , the last 20 minutes of tonight episode was the best all season
    Yeah, that was an absolutely epic battle scene. It's on right at this very second on HBO Latin...

This was probably the best episode of the season. The ending was incredible. I also loved Tyrion and Dany.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god that episode was awesome !
    The ending was brilliant, that crane shot over the village after the battle, the snow fading down and the eerie silence of the dead, I thought the staging was awesome, it really stressed the climax of that battle scene
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information