Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Game Of Thrones - Season 5

I love Margerie (how *do* you spell it? Book geeks?). She's just what that hateful cunt Cirsei needs as a foil. Although I laughed my ass off when Cirsei called her "that smirking whore!"

Margaery is a little minx but whether she's "wicked" is debatable, although I'm sure Cersei thinks so. In the books Marg is calculating and clever but also sweet and has good intentions in the long run.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

If people find out about Cersei's relationship with her brother (rumours abound) her boy Tommen will be thrown off the Iron Throne as the bastard product of incest which means Margerie will lose her title and crown too so she'd better be nice to MIL. I think C is pissed off at her "Queen Mother" title which means she's losing her lustre.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oh people know about the twincest, but the last person who mentioned it lost a head so I don't think Cersei has to worry too much about it. I don't think the Tyrells care, so long as Marg is married to the King.

A*O

Well she'd better get knocked up PDQ then to consolidate her position, although "speed" seems to be a problem for Tommen at the moment.
    Dame Edna Everage

My thoughts on last night:

Okay, now for SURE, Cersei's relationship with the Sparrows doesn't make any sense to me. With Tommen's confrontation with the Sparrows, it seems VERY clear that they know that Tommen is a product of his mom's relationship with Jamie. These are incredibly moralistic people, and if Cersei thinks they are going to stop with Loras, she is an idiot. They already are questioning the legitimacy of Tommen as king by the end of the confrontation. I'm starting to wonder if this is how she ends up getting marched down the street naked in an upcoming episode this season.

How did the Red Queen know to say "You know nothing, Jon Snow"? And then smile wryly at him as she exited the room.

Danaerys seems to have lost two hugely important allies. The preview next week seems to imply that she is going to let loose the dragons in response? But Jorah, Varys, and Tyrion are also about to show up?

Tyene Sand - super cute. Doesn't look mean enough to be a Sand Snake, but Keisha Castle-Huges sure does.

I was genuinely touched at the scene between Stannis Baratheon and his daughter. After he affirmed that he wasn't ashamed of her, and she threw her arms around him. He seemed a little slow to reciprocate, though.

A*O

Thanks for summarising so well Mo. I agree with all of it. I'm told I'm wrong but Littlefinger Peter Baylish (sp?) is DESPERATE to boff Sansa.
    Dame Edna Everage

SPOILER ALERT: Don't read unless you're okay with book spoilers (kind of):

The situation with Cersei/Loras/High Sparrow is a little different in the books - it's Margaery that Cersei goes after, setting her up to be accused of infidelity with a bunch of guys Cersei either paid or tortured to admit they were boffing Marg - but it backfires spectacularly and not only do they arrest Margaery but also Cersei, which leads to her Walk of Shame (which she only agrees to so she can go back to the Red Keep - she's not actually ashamed of anything). That's as far as it gets in the last book but Cersei is still awaiting a trial by combat a la Tyrion nominating first Bronn then Oberyn to fight on his behalf. I won't tell you who Cersei has nominated because it hasn't happened in the show yet but it's about to - if you want a hint, think Qyburn saying "shhhhhh" last episode.

Re Dany's dragons - in the books there's a Dornish prince called Quentyn Martell who goes to Meereen to try and marry Danaerys but when she turns him down (can't say why yet) he decides to use his drop of Targaryen blood to tame the 2 dragons locked up, but accidentally gets burnt to a crisp and sets the dragons free. So I imagine something like this is about to happen, minus Quentyn.
    MohandasKGanja and A*O like this.

Last night:

It looks like there is going to be a pretty cool interlude where Jon Snow and that giant Ginger dude try to convince the wildlings to fight for Stannis.

Jorah Mormont can't catch a break, can he?

There is NO WAY that Gray Worm is unsullied with all of these meaningful, googoo-eyed scenes between him and Misandei.

Does anyone else have a problem with characters referencing stuff that happened 8,000 years ago??? I mean, these people are still writing on scrolls and somehow they have an INCREDIBLE grasp of history. I think remember stuff that happened 200 years ago would have been a stretch.

Does Roose Bolton have any other heirs he can entrust major battle plans to, besides that sadistic idiot Ramsay? Did he get a really late start on producing legitimate children or something?

^In the books the 8,000 years is disputed, some maesters claiming it's less than half that. The world of Ice & Fire companion book goes into more detail.

Roose had a legitimate son who died and it's implied that Ramsay was responsible (in the books).
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

A*O

Come here Jorah. I'll kiss it better. He's doomed isn't he, don't tell me.

Dany is all over the place. I'm hoping it's a clever portrayal of her learning the trials and tribulations of being a ruler. And I agree with Mo, I've always thought Grey Worm still possesses his Worm.
    Dame Edna Everage

A*O

Ep.6. Oh Sansa, you were warned you silly girl.
    Dame Edna Everage

THAT certainly wasn't in the book. Not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Ep.6. Oh Sansa, you were warned you silly girl.
    I thought she would stand up to him a little more.

That whole "dwarf cock" scene really took me by surprise. That elixir must be way at the end of the apothecary's shelf. Good to see Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje show up, too. Great actor.

I think that Tyrion in his discussion with Jorah might have provided some foreshadowing a potential mutiny among Jon Snow's men because of how unpopular the mission is.

So, did the faceless people grant Arya some kind of limited ability to change her appearance?

I'm getting the impression that Oberyn's gf might be about to be executed.
    greysfang likes this.

I am not happy with last nights episode. Does there always have to be rape involved. Ramsey's father is an ass but I'm sure he would be pissed if he found out Ramsey made Reek watch and raped Sansa. I don't know, I'm sick of this shit. How about more man rape. Maybe if that was in everybody's faces men would feel different about it.

Can someone tell me WTF is going on with those heads?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information