Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Game Of Thrones - Season 5

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I loved all of it. So, that guy who killed a couple of people to repay Arya is some kind of shapeshifter?

Cersei seems to loathe her brother so much I can't believe that they actually produced three children together. And that guy who shut her down - is that Tywin's brother?

I can't believe that Danaerys did something so stupid as to publicly execute that slave guy in front of anyone. It wasn't going to get the deposed master class on her side, and it completely alienated the freed slaves.

Who let the dragons out? Who, who, who?

I heard Arya chanting a list of three names on whom she wanted revenge. Two I recognized (Mountain and Walder Frey). Who was the third?
    cersei only started hating him at the end of last season because of what's happened to her son and the fact that he basically killed their dad by letting tyrian out of jail. yes, tywin's brother.

one of her dragons flew off before. that's why only two of them were in the dungeon in episode one.

arya has four names on the list. you forgot cersei and i can't tell what the last one is either.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Yes, that is Tywin's brother.

No one let that Dragon out, he's been out all this time. she didn't know where he was and and only chained the other two.

The third name on Arya's list was Meryn Trant, he was with the knights who killed arya's sword fighting teacher Syrio Forel. He's the same night that punched Sansa at Joffrey's command until Tyrion made him stop.

Jaquen H'ghar is a faceless man, they change appearance. He did it in season 2 after he killed the 3 to repay his debt to Arya.
    MohandasKGanja and A*O like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I loved last night's episode. Warning spoilers below:

Brienne describing her awkward teenage years.

Sansa being betrothed to Ramsey Bolton. He honestly looked like he was going to behave himself he was so delighted. Does anybody really believe that a died-in-the-wool sadist could be a loving husband???

What freaked out Tyrion that he suddenly turned down the prostitute?

Is giving up Tyrion to Danaerys really going to get that guy back in her good graces? Or is he being brought back to King's Landing? I can't remember.

Beheading that guy seemed really atypical of Jon Snow. I was kind of bummed. Does this mean he's staying or leaving?

It's a very important part of Jon's character development to kill Slynt. its now his duty to command and his duty to uphold the rules of the Night's Watch. As Stannis’s grim nod of approval made clear, being a leader is about making unpleasant choices.

It also echoes the scene from season 1 when Jon watched Ned do it to the deserter of the night's watch. And Slynt was one of the men that held Ned on the block when he was executed, and even though Jon doesn't know that it's a sort of justice to have Jon be the one that kills him.

Tyrion had an attack of conscience regarding Shae in the brothel, which is why he walked away from the whore.

Last edited by witchcurlgirl; April 27th, 2015 at 11:33 AM.
    NoDayButToday likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

Tyrion had an attack of conscience regarding Shae in the brothel, which is why he walked away from the whore.

Wow, that totally makes sense and I didn't think of it. I guess there are a lot of brothel owners who are going to have to just put off sending their kids to college now.....
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Can you remind me why he killed Shae? I need Cliff's Notes to keep it all straight.

She testified against him at his trial, which broke his heart and then he found her in his father's bed, the night he escaped from the dungeons.

Thanks! I should really re-watch but that's such a commitment!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Thanks! I should really re-watch but that's such a commitment!
    I had a really difficult time doing it last night. I missed the first couple of minutes putting my daughter to bed. Then, when I came back downstairs I turned to the wrong HBO (Latino). At first, I didn't realize it - I was like, "Why can't I understand what they are saying???" Then, because we just switched cable providers, it took another several minutes to figure out the correct HBO channel.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I had a really difficult time doing it last night. I missed the first couple of minutes putting my daughter to bed. Then, when I came back downstairs I turned to the wrong HBO (Latino). At first, I didn't realize it - I was like, "Why can't I understand what they are saying???" Then, because we just switched cable providers, it took another several minutes to figure out the correct HBO channel.

Ahaha, I can just imagine you were thinking the entire thing was in High Valyrian and they forgot the subtitles.

As a book reader my reaction to this season so far has been "Wait, what? Huh? WTF?"
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Just remembered a couple of other things.

It's great to see Jonathan Pryce! Also, do the Sparrows not know the rumors about Cersei and Jamie? The head Sparrow guy was pretty chummy with her for someone who is very moralistic.

I totally missed the significance of the moving body under the sheet next to Qyburn. Who does Cersei want to bring back from the dead???

I'm gonna guess her father? Or Joffrey, but he's been dead longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm gonna guess her father? Or Joffrey, but he's been dead longer.
    [Shudder.]

Haven't seen it but my guess is a possible spoiler: it's the Mountain
    faithanne likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

^^ yep.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information