Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Game Of Thrones - Season 4

That was an intense episode

I know that Oberyn was feeling some pressure.
    choozen1ne likes this.

^ well some people crack under pressure some don't

Ugh. Oberyn almost won...so close. Dammit.

I like the new image Sansa's got. She dyed her hair black didn't she? She looked badass in her new dress.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Ugh. Oberyn almost won...so close. Dammit.

I like the new image Sansa's got. She dyed her hair black didn't she? She looked badass in her new dress.
    Sansa looked great with red hair, but in that scene with the dress, she looked amazing with dark hair. But the lighting was a little low.

I have NEVER....EVER watched a show where there were so many characters that needed to die an absolutely gruesome death. It's very frustrating.

^ I was thinking the same thing , more than once tonight I said- someone please kill this guy and that guy and that one too
    Arya laughing was too funny , would someone mind explaining what went on with Sir Jorah

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    ^ I was thinking the same thing , more than once tonight I said- someone please kill this guy and that guy and that one too
    Arya laughing was too funny , would someone mind explaining what went on with Sir Jorah
    Apparently, Jorah has been a spy for Robert Baratheon from the very beginning. I guess he didn't think of himself as a spy any more and probably wasn't, but (I think) someone who wanted to get at Danaeryus wanted him out of the picture and gave away his cover.

^thanks !

I couldn't watch the end; had my eyes covered. I get the heeby jeebies when it comes to death/injury by eye. But I'm so choked, I stupidly thought that just once, there'd be justice and the right guy would make it through. Cersei needs to die a fiery death. Or just be flogged publicly and humiliated. By Tyrion. And Jamie needs to disown her. But then I'll probably feel bad for her. BUT NOT TODAY.

I take it Sansa was supposed to look like her mother? Why do I feel like Littlefinger has abut 46 other plans up his sleeve of which poor Sansa is going to end up on the shitty end at some point? (Haven't read the books!) I think Littlefinger digs power first and then the Stark ladies.

Arya's cackle was hysterical!

I'm not sure I follow Daeneryus' 2nd in command - is she trying to rile up Grey Worm? She seems to take an interest in him remembering his past. Not sure I trust this broad. Especially if she can get a guy with no parts to take a sexual interest in her. I'm surprised D let Jorah live. Hmmm.

Jorah could have killed Daeneryus at just about any point, but did not. Basically, he functioned as the advisor that was his cover. Strangely, I would think he would be in even MORE trouble (not less) with the Barratheon/Lannister clans because I thought for sure that Barratheon had given orders to kill her back in the first season. And obviously, the best person to do that would have been Jorah.

From memory, in the books Jorah was never supposed to assassinate Daenerys, just spy on her and report back to Varys. I don't think he ever had an opportunity to kill her, even if he'd been ordered to. The Dothraki (and now the Unsullied) would have killed him.

Sansa's storyline is slightly different. In the books Alayne is Littlefinger's bastard daughter, and it was Lysa Arryn who dyed her hair to hide her identity. I'm not sure why show Sansa is blabbing that she's a Stark to everyone in the Vale, but she's learning to play the Game from one of the best players which is the direction she's heading in the books, only it's more subtle and less Black Widow Goth Queen.

Fuck the Mountain. That scene was perfectly executed but I couldn't say I enjoyed it (and I knew the outcome).
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Holy shit balls! Granted I got spoiled that Oberyn would die but I didn't know exactly how! I had my eyes covered. Throughout the whole episode I kept wondering when the fight was going to be. I think it was a whole of like 10 minutes but it was worth the wait. Does Tyrion get beheaded? Don't want to know the details just if he survives or not.

When Arya and the Hound were at the gate, I actually said "oh my god, are they gonna finally reunite??" But Arya laughing her head off was the best thing since the Hound was miffed.

ETA: I can't believe there's only two episodes left. Things aren't looking too good for Jon "you know nothing" Snow next week.
    Last edited by blah_blah_blah; June 2nd, 2014 at 07:25 AM.

This post has not been proofread

Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah_blah View Post
    Holy shit balls! Granted I got spoiled that Oberyn would die but I didn't know exactly how! I had my eyes covered. Throughout the whole episode I kept wondering when the fight was going to be. I think it was a whole of like 10 minutes but it was worth the wait. Does Tyrion get beheaded? Don't want to know the details just if he survives or not.
    I actually started to think that the fight wouldn't happen at all on last night's episode because it was already about 9:50 and the fight hadn't started.

EPA - I wasn't going to ask this question but since the ending of the episode has already been revealed - isn't The Mountain mortally wounded? He took a spear right through his midsection, with blood spattering Oberyn's face. Even with today's medicine it would be hard to come back from that. Also, I read that Oberyn had a habit of using poison-tipped weapons, which meant that even if he knicked the other person with his spear the other person would probably die.

Oh, and one other thing - if both of the trial-by-combat contestants die, why would Tyrion be sentenced to die? At worst, I think there would be a do over.
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; June 2nd, 2014 at 09:45 AM.

Mo, do you honestly want the answers (spoilers), or are you just thinking out loud?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Mo, do you honestly want the answers (spoilers), or are you just thinking out loud?
    I'm thinking out loud. Thanks for asking. I know that the producers don't want to give away anything that happened right after the fight in their previews because the previews for next week seemed to be related almost exclusively to the attack on the Wall. But I'm betting they'll show the aftermath at the beginning of the next episode.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information