Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

What an awesome episode! I swear, this series keeps getting better!

I don't usually support violence against women but I was cheering Robert on when he hit Cersei. I wished I could reach through the screen and slap her too.

Strange that I didn't want to kill Joffry. I bet his mother put him up to it to get Sansa on his side. The scene with Ned trying to explain to his daughters why they had to go was just too cute. They have great chemistry as a family.

How much do I love Tyrion? Linklater has been stealing the show every single time. If he doesn't get some sort of nomination for this part, there is no justice!!!

Finally.... nooooo! Poor Viserys. I hope to get to see Harry Lloyd in something else soon. He's gorgeous. Even though his death was horrible it was nice to finally have Khal Drogo do something else than have sex. Hopefully we will also get to see him fight at some point. Momoa is just gorgeous. I can't wait for Conan!

Oh, I didn't know there's a thread about this
    I'm on book 3 and I'm enjoying them a lot. I love the series too, full of great actors. I can't really complain, even the sad puppy eyebrows of the actor playing Jon Snow is growing on me.

Is the second season confirmed?

Yes there will be a second season - yay!

Although there are so many books so i don;t know if they will do a book each season. This programme could go on for years!

Another great ep...

- Ned i guess he's not enough of a snake to play the game of thrones. He is way too honourable and honour at Kings Landing will get you no where. I feel that the Queen and Littlefinger conspired together to betray him and i don't believe swearing loyalty to the King Joffrey would have saved him. He threatened the queen and investegated the death of the previous Kings Hand. He's as good as dead IMO.

- Good scenes on the Wall. I felt kind of sorry for Jon Snow he should never have taken the oath. He will never be a Ranger however as Samwell said being a Squire to the Commander will give him knowledge that he otherwise would not have had. I see his character becoming significant in Season 2. I also want him of the Wall. I would love for him to be able to investage his uncle's disappearance. But since he is a squire when the war starts hopefully he will see some action.

- Ser Jorah i don't trust him at all. Why did he save Dany's? What is he up to? He had a pardon and turned that down to save her. Speaking of Danys loved Drogo's speech and i'm excited that he wants to cross the narrow sea for his Khaleesa. I cannot wait for the actual war to start. Oh and it was good to see him actually getting say more than one line.

A very tense and good ep - the politics are getting more intriguing and complicated. Only 3 more ep's

Silver Member

I think Jonah's falling for her.

I have been meaning to watch this show. Jason Momoa is reallllllllly sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I have been meaning to watch this show. Jason Momoa is reallllllllly sexy.
    Yes he is, and you get to see his ass!

The shit has finally started hitting the fan. It's funny how my character sympathies shift slightly from the books. I liked book Tyrion, but show Tyrion I absolutely adore, Littlefinger is a revelation and show Cersei actually has moments of being sympathetic. And of course I adore Arya, Dani and Bran, but that's how I always felt about them.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Member

Now I'm on the second book...LOVE it...Please dear gods of the TV let it continue another year or 10.....

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Now I'm on the second book...LOVE it...Please dear gods of the TV let it continue another year or 10.....
    That's good to know. I'm reading the first book and am now slightly ahead of the show. I would never have read this type of book if not for the show.

After reading the book, I think the characters have been perfectly cast. Maybe save for Jon Snow. I'm not really feeling that actor as Jon. Tyrion is perfect. I've always loved Peter Dinklage. He's an excellent actor. Of course Sean Bean is great in anything.

Elite Member

All I'm going to say is that the author shows a surprising willingness to kill of main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    All I'm going to say is that the author shows a surprising willingness to kill of main characters.
    No kidding! That just happened in the book I'm reading. I won't say who, only that I am sad.

Elite Member

Not the last one.

Hey! No spoilers! Wanna talk book make a different thread!

I like how Daenerys' makeup also shows how she's gone all native. And that she basically has Drogo under her thumb. Speaking of Drogo, that fighting scene was gorgeous though I was very grossed out in the end.

I liked that HBO didn't get to tack on any extra nudity and gratuitous sex in the last episode. Probably because it was written by G.R.R. Martin himself. On the other hand, I could have gone without seeing Hodor naked, my eyes!

Poor Tyrion in that scene with his father. You could see the old jerk was disappointed he was alive.

Love that this show has become a success regardless of genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Yes he is, and you get to see his ass!
    ::goes off to DVR::

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Hey! No spoilers! Wanna talk book make a different thread!

I like how Daenerys' makeup also shows how she's gone all native. And that she basically has Drogo under her thumb. Speaking of Drogo, that fighting scene was gorgeous though I was very grossed out in the end.

I liked that HBO didn't get to tack on any extra nudity and gratuitous sex in the last episode. Probably because it was written by G.R.R. Martin himself. On the other hand, I could have gone without seeing Hodor naked, my eyes!

Poor Tyrion in that scene with his father. You could see the old jerk was disappointed he was alive.

Love that this show has become a success regardless of genre.
    Yes Danys has gone all native and has Drago under her thumb. I love her assertiveness and i cannot wait for her and her tribe to cross the narrow sea.

Tyrion is a great character i love that he can talk his way out of anything. But not when it came to the Barbarians (at his fathers war camp).

Felt sorry for Sansa she is so naive but then she is only 13. So it's not hard to believe that she still thought that she could marry Joffrey. She is in for a shock. I don't see Ned confessing. I hope they show a meeting between Sansa and Ned.

I officially hate Cesei - the actress playing her is doing a good job

Yay for Ayra although i've got a feeling she'll be captured. Her fencing master i hope he is alive but probably not. Loved his character.

I'm excited for the war starting. Robb vs the Lannisters brilliant.

The zombie on the Wall was brilliant. It seems there will be more of them.

I am very sad that there will be only 2 more eps. I hope that Season 2 is longer - please make it so.

I love the show and I love the books too. Reading the books made me feel sympathy for some characters that I did not really want to feel sympathy for - a bit funny. I wonder if the show will go the same way.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information