Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Hit By Ban Bus!

I felt bad for the coach. Comes home and finds for sale signs in his yard. Talk about pressure, they lost one game.

Dana Delaney did a good job of being the "special kids" mom. You could see that one coming.

I do not like Buddy Gerrity, but I did feel bad for him. Those kids were obnoxious.

Next week is really good! Try not to miss it!

So did anyone watch???

I watched! So is Jason off the show now? That sucks. I liked him.

I just caught up this past Sunday and watched the last 3 episodes. All I can say is awesome! Oh, and how cute was Julie after she came home from being out w/Matt and kept looking at herself in the mirror. I loved it and remembered what I felt like after my first time.....

Hit By Ban Bus!

OK are they setting up for coach to loose his job or what? geez.
    Lets see he'll loose his job and Riggins being the team captain will rally the team to refuse to play and it will cause friction between Lyla and Tim because it will be Buddy who set the whole thing up.

Good episode. I cried a couple of times. I love Tim and Lyla together. I'm so sad her dad's an idiot and lost her college money. Tim's so sweet to her though.

Seracen is so cute with his grandma. I'm sad she's getting so sick that he can't take care of her anymore. He's a good kid.

That crazy dad is really getting on my nerves. He needs to get a grip.

Hit By Ban Bus!

crazy dad isn't so unusual thats the real world in any sport - there is always a dad or two telling the coach what to do and pushing their kids to be better than the other kids. I've known a few J.D. dads and they aren't fun to be around.

I have to wonder how much longer Coach is going to allow the boosters to push him around? He lied to his wife about the new school zone b/c he doesn't want to loose his team but wouldn't it be interesting if he became the new head coach of the new school and left Buddy and that drama behind?

Buddy is becoming a very unlikable character.

Matt is going to quarterback next week, it will be interesting to see how he handles that after being crapped on.

fgg

love this show!

-----------------------------------
    Friday Night Lights' Renewed For 2 Years

Tim Riggins (Taylor Kitsch) and Matt Saracen (Zach Gilford) attend a pep rally before the big game on 'Friday Night Lights.' The series that focuses on high school football in Texas has been renewed for two more years by NBC and DirecTV.

NBC is keeping the lights on for "Friday Night Lights."

The acclaimed series has been renewed for two more 13-episode runs and will air through the 2010-11 season, the network said Monday.

"Not only do we know the show is staying on, but we know exactly how many episodes we are going to do," said executive producer Jason Katims. "We'll be able to think about where we might want to lead to ... what kind of stories we want to tell."

The Texas football-and-family drama starring Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton has struggled in the ratings but has been a critical bright spot for NBC, drawing consistently good reviews and Emmy and Peabody nominations and awards.

NBC is glad to stand behind a high-quality show with "a tremendously loyal fan base," said Angela Bromstad, president of prime-time entertainment for NBC and Universal Media Studios.

The new seasons of "Friday Night Lights" will play on DirecTV before its network broadcasts, a continuation of the deal NBC struck this season to make the production financially viable.

The drama made its third-season bow on DirecTV this fall and then repeated on NBC starting in January. It airs 9 p.m. Fridays.

The DirecTV showings may have eaten somewhat into the series' network ratings, Katims said, but he called the move "a pretty brilliant business decision" that kept the show alive without compromising its creativity.

The drama is averaging 4.5 million viewers this season, down 27 percent from its year-ago average of 6.2 million, according to Nielsen Media Research figures. But it's among the most popular prime-time series for upscale young adults, an audience favored by advertisers.
    "The only thing we'd love for 'Friday Night Lights' in the next two seasons is to get the awards attention it deserves," Bromstad said. Although it's received several Emmy nods and won a trophy for casting, it's been overlooked in the best drama and acting categories.
    "Friday Night Lights" received a George Foster Peabody Award in 2006.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well it would have been nice if they told viewers when the show was coming back on. I caught it by accident.

I'm glad they phased last years seniors out by going to college and moving it's the way it should be in highschool. Kids grow up and move on but what will happen when seniors Lyla, Tim, Matt, Tyra and Landry graduate?

I think Coach should move to the new school, Tim help with the team when he's not at college (as a part time job) and bring in all new students playing against the Dillon Panthers.

FNL's is the only non reality show I watch.

I agree that it would be more realistic if they brought in new kids, but I like the current ones! And the one new kid they did bring in so far sucks. I want the characters to stay

Hit By Ban Bus!

I agree, new kid can't act. I liked Tyra's cowboy boyfriend to bad he wasn't the new quarterback. Did you know Minka Kelly is 28 playing a teen ager in highschool? And they worry about Daniel Radcliff playing Harry Potter?

I didn't know she's that old!

Hit By Ban Bus!

seems Minka and the girl that plays Tyra won't be on next year, they are scheduled to appear in other shows but might be back in certain episodes.

Friday Night Lights Spoilers: What's to Come in Season Four?

Posted on March 24th, 2009 10:35 AM by Dr. Shepherd
    Filed under: Friday Night Lights, Friday Night Lights Spoilers
    Friday Night Lights is expected to be renewed for a fourth season (and possibly a fifth!) any time now. Assuming the best show you don't watch does come back next fall, what's in store for viewers? E! Online's latest spoiler chat touches on that subject:
    Q: Any word on what the potential season four of Friday Night Lights will bring?
    A: As a matter of fact, we were just able to get some great insights into next season from some of the amazing Friday Night Lights cast members themselves! Kyle Chandler tells us that his transfer across town may open up some [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]new [COLOR=blue! important]doors[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] for the people of Dillon.
    "Coach Taylor has been moved into the poor part of town, and we have no pool to draw from for a football team. I think it opens up [the show] to be far more representative, having more Hispanics in the show, blacks in the show. And then also just being the underdogs going up against my [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]old [COLOR=blue! important]school[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] where my wife is still principal," he said.
    Any chance Tami Taylor will follow Coach to the wrong side of the tracks? Connie Britton has her theories on that potential story line: "I think it would be interesting if she did, but it may be too difficult to depict in the show. It could also be interesting if I also go over there and we're both struggling at this school that is just falling apart."
    Mind you none of this is set in stone, as Connie is quick to point out, "We generally leave that stuff to the writers because their ideas are going to be 10 times better than anything I'd [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]have [COLOR=blue! important]an [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]idea[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] for!" Well, no arguments there! We just hope we get to watch!

_______

Ha I called it, Coach Taylor is going to coach at the new school next season.

I wonder whats going to happen with coach and J.D. nutso Dad

Connie Britton did an interview with some spoilers! A member on ONTD helpfully posted a summary:

Summary:

- She talks a bit about filming Nightmare on Elm Street
    - Friday Night Lights begins shooting again in September
    - These last two 13-episode seasons will be it for the show
    - Taylor Kitsch (Tim), Aimee Teegarden (Julie), Jesse Plemons (Landry), Kyle Chandler (Coach) will be back. Adrianne Palicki (Tyra) and Minka Kelly (Lyla) not so much (but they will have short goodbye arcs).
    - Jeffrey Reiner (the go-to director) will still be around, but will be a lot less involved... she is sad about this.
    - "I'm pretty sure in the next two seasons there's a very strong possibility that Tami will have an affair with a student." (ETA: supposedly she's joking? I haven't watched the videos yet)
    - Kyle Chandler is a Diva...
    - Ausiello gives her advice on which episode to submit for the Emmy's... "New York, New York"

Now the videos of the interview if anyone wants to watch them:
    Part 1:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcfyLmUCw6c[/youtube]

Part 2:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9-UePjM9yQ[/youtube]

Part 3:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEQabrVQLSg[/youtube]
    ohnotheydidnt: Friday Night Lights HBIC Interviews... Warning: No Megan Fox Contained In This Post...

I'm so sad that Tyra and Lyla won't be back. Especially Tyra- love her.
    And I hate that Tami will have an affair with a student. Really hope that FNL doesn't go all season 2 on us. Coach and Mrs. Coach need to stay the reliable cute couple that they are.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information