Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former child TV stars who have it together

Those kids from "The Wonder Years" seem to be doing okay. Although, I'm not too sure about what happened to the nerdy one. The one who was rumoured to be marilyn Manson

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ok, some of you may not know this one, but do you remember the bratty little sister, Dee, from "What's Happening" I believe she's a veterinarian now.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Those kids from "The Wonder Years" seem to be doing okay. Although, I'm not too sure about what happened to the nerdy one. The one who was rumoured to be marilyn Manson

I think he's a lawyer, actually! And yeah they did do well, all of them. Danica McKellar is some math whiz!

I'm interested as to what the kids from The Nanny are up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    I've wondered sometimes whether child actors making the transition to well adjusted adults depends a great deal on the mentality of their parents and their upbringing. If the parent(s) are living their dream through their famous child, they may be more focussed on their own semi-fame than whether what's going on is appropriate for their child. If the child is treated like their parents' gravy train, that would probably put a lot of unhealthy pressure on a child. And if the parents are wrapped up into the money and crazy lifestyle, they seem to overlook their child's unhealthy, illegal, immoral lifestyle choices. Think Dina Lohan, for instance. Even famous celebrity children need their parents to set rules and boundaries that will keep them safe and teach them the lessons they'll need to become well adjusted adults. Celebrity children are still children, and they need their parents to set good examples.
    IAWTC - the child actors who grow up well adjusted are the one's whose parents DO set boundaries and are not living their own fustrated dreams through their children.

As for former tv actors - the kids from the Cosby Show are doing ok, the last i read. Also the kids from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Sorry but i can't remember the names of the characters or the actors who played them.

And how about the kids from Saved By The Bell? They're doing ok as well. The guy who played Zack is still acting, i think he was in a tv show with Geena Davis.

Kirsten Dunst turned out okay.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Elite Member

Jason Bateman turned out OK. His sister Justine had a bout with anorexia back in the 80's but I think she's OK too.

And Rick Schroeder (sp?), wasn't he on NYPD Blue for a while? I remember seeing a pic of him and he has really aged...too much time in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by IxHEARTxHOLLYWOOD View Post
    Jamie Lynn Spears.
    She hasn't followed in her sisters footstep's, yet...
    Hopefully she wount!
    Waaaay too early to tell on that one. Check back in 10-20 years. Plus...is she really a star? I don't consider her one.

Here's the best one of all: Ron Howard! (Opie Taylor AND Richie Cunningham)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member IxHEARTxHOLLYWOOD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Waaaay too early to tell on that one. Check back in 10-20 years. Plus...is she really a star? I don't consider her one.

Here's the best one of all: Ron Howard! (Opie Taylor AND Richie Cunningham)
    Shes has her own show (Zoey101) And she sings the theme song. I would consider that a star.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Jason Bateman turned out OK. His sister Justine had a bout with anorexia back in the 80's but I think she's OK too.

And Rick Schroeder (sp?), wasn't he on NYPD Blue for a while? I remember seeing a pic of him and he has really aged...too much time in the sun.
    Yes he was.

jerry oconnell, i've never heard anything bad about him and i think it was him who was the the little tubby in stand by me.

doogie howser. = whats his name?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeStudent View Post
    jerry oconnell, i've never heard anything bad about him and i think it was him who was the the little tubby in stand by me.
    Yep, he was the little tubby kid. I saw that on E one night and was shocked.
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic515_3.gif

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeStudent View Post
    My sister used to do commercials when she was a little kid and she met him a few times. My mom and her both said that he is the nicest guy in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Kirsten Dunst turned out okay.
    This is debatable.

Peter Billingsley, he was Ralphie in "A Christmas Story", he was Messy Marvin on some cereal commericals, and did some after school specials. He now produces, directs, and does some acting. He was involved in Elf, and The BreakUp. Can't remember what else, but he totally has it together, and when you see his face, he still has those huge blue eyes like Ralphie!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information