Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Forensic Files on HLN

The ID Channel is calling Forensic Files,"Cause of Death."

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

I am hooked on this for years now. I'm a night person and it's on a lot late. I watch repeat after repeat as well. LOL. Something in the narators voice just gets you.

I can not watch it at night before bed. No way.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think I watch it for two reasons:

1. A lot of the victims were just working-class people who got screwed over by someone else, and their unjust deaths would be forgotten if someone did create an episode showing how they finally got justice. I feel that by hearing about them and listening to how their killers were caught that somehow some kind of memory of these people is preserved.

2. 99% of the time, you know going in that as soon as you hear about the crime in the beginning of the episode, that there will be a definitive resolution by the end. It's almost like a morality play. There was one notable exception that I found really infuriating. It was the rich guy who was one of the heirs to a construction/real estate fortune. He had already been suspected of killing his ex fiancee, then his female friend who probably knew to much about the murder. While this guy was on the run and in hiding, he is thought to have killed another associate - a roommate at the flop house where he was hiding out (dressed as a woman). They ended up catching him because he decided to shoplift some merchandise that he actually had more than enough cash on him to pay for. Anyway, they charge him with the murder of his roommate, and he hires the best legal team in Texas. And those slick f*ckers get him acquitted. I almost lost my mind - I felt betrayed. By the way, HLN finally tracked him down and got him to agree to an interview. It's supposed to happen in the next couple of weeks.

Another great case that Forensic Files covered was the Perry March murder case. What really resonates about it was that he was one of those a-holes who kills his wife, and then claims that she ran off and deserted the family, despite the fact that her purse, cell phone, money, etc. have all been left behind. And the fact that she was a devoted mom who would have never left her children. It reminded me a LOT of the Susan Powell case. For years, March claimed to be looking for her. His wife's father was a very powerful attorney (in Tennessee) and this guy was not going to roll over. He pursued Perry relentlessly in court. Finally Perry marries a Mexican woman and moves his kids there. Eventually, he was caught and convicted because he was finally going to be extradited for trial back to the US and he tried to hire cell mate who was about to be released to kill his in-laws. Except that that guy was wearing a wire. First, they enssared Perry's dad, who was going to help with the conspiracy. Then, the dad turned state's evidence on Perry. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved it.

Believe it or not, I've never seen that one. It sounds really interesting.
    I'm STILL pissed that that motherfucker would never tell them where her body is! I'm sad that he hasn't been shanked! To THIS day, this asshole maintains his innocence...even doing interviews this past year.
    The shows where these monsters refuse to reveal where the bodies are upset me so much. It's not enough that you killed someone, you have to sink even lower by refusing to let the families bury them?
    I'm an ID addict for sure! I watch A Crime to Remember, 20/20 Dateline Crime, Obsessed, Who the BLEEP, I'd Kill for You, Fatal Vows, Scorned - Love Kills... I'd watch almost anything on that damn channel. I think Fear Thy Neighbor comes on Lifetime or some channel and I've recently discovered that one and love it too... oh and I Killed My BFF...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I Killed My BFF is another one I watch, too. It's so sad. The one that really made me cry was where the woman had her gay best friend/room mate killed and pretended she was being "attacked" after they tied him up and then they cut off his penis. Bitch had it planned all along and set it up to look like a "home invasion." She got caught though.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

yes, I loved when that nasty bitch got locked up!
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm STILL pissed that that motherfucker would never tell them where her body is! I'm sad that he hasn't been shanked! To THIS day, this asshole maintains his innocence...even doing interviews this past year.
    The shows where these monsters refuse to reveal where the bodies are upset me so much. It's not enough that you killed someone, you have to sink even lower by refusing to let the families bury them?
    I'm an ID addict for sure! I watch A Crime to Remember, 20/20 Dateline Crime, Obsessed, Who the BLEEP, I'd Kill for You, Fatal Vows, Scorned - Love Kills... I'd watch almost anything on that damn channel. I think Fear Thy Neighbor comes on Lifetime or some channel and I've recently discovered that one and love it too... oh and I Killed My BFF...
    Perry March's father copped to helping him move the body from where Perry had buried her and he took the cops to the site where he himself had buried her. Construction in the area had more than likely demolished her remains. Both father and son deserved to be in jail.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

I just went to a friend's house last night planning to watch a little something then go out and enjoy the sunny day. I've never really seen Forensic Files so we put it on from Netflix... and 5 episodes later we finally managed to peel ourselves away and leave the TV room, our plans for lunch had turned into dinner haha. It's so addicting, I see why now!

@Mel, since you mentioned Obsessed, I love that one! Especially the one with the neighbor who was obsessed (I think I have the right ep of the right show!) where she'd scream and sing opera and curse her and scream delusions, and was a Russian immigrant or something? That episode was insane, and the woman telling her story was hilarious.

There is a super amazing one with kind of a sad denouement.

Basically, this girl and her grandmother were attacked in their house. The grandmother was killed and the little girl was really hurt. The attacker thought he killed her, but luckily he had not.

She goes to the nearest house - a mom with several kids. The mom makes her wait 45 minutes on the porch before she calls police.

The police investigate and they show the little girl photographs. Of all people, she identifies her own uncle as the attacker. He had a dispute with the grandmother (his mom). He couldn't explain his whereabouts because he didn't have a good alibi. And they didn't have DNA testing at the time to compare him to the results of the rape kit.

So, the girl testifies against her own uncle at trial, and he is thrown in prison for murder and sexual assault.

However, the guy's wife believes in him so much that she devotes virtually all her time and money to getting him out. During her investigation, she finds out there is a lookalike guy in the neighborhood who had previously been convicted years ago for this exact same thing. And he is the husband of the woman who made the little girl wait on the porch for 45 minutes when she went for help!

But here is the problem. The husband has already been arrested and convicted again of some crime. And his DNA is not on file. And he won't provide any voluntarily.

But wait, it gets better!

The wife finds out that her husband is in the same prison as this guy! Not only the same prison, but the same pod! So, she has her husband follow this guy around for weeks, in case he drops a used kleenex or cigarette butt on the ground while he is walking around the prison. Which he eventually does. The husband sneaks the DNA evidence back to the wife in a bible. She turns it into a DNA testing lab. She sends the lab results to the state's attorney's lab for comparison with the rape-kit results. It's the same guy!

The husband gets either a retrial, or some other kind of review, and is released from prison.

The only bad part was that shortly after his release, he and his wife (who got him out of prison) get divorced. But I believe she is now working for the Innocence Project. Talk about a natural.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I just went to a friend's house last night planning to watch a little something then go out and enjoy the sunny day. I've never really seen Forensic Files so we put it on from Netflix... and 5 episodes later we finally managed to peel ourselves away and leave the TV room, our plans for lunch had turned into dinner haha. It's so addicting, I see why now!

@Mel, since you mentioned Obsessed, I love that one! Especially the one with the neighbor who was obsessed (I think I have the right ep of the right show!) where she'd scream and sing opera and curse her and scream delusions, and was a Russian immigrant or something? That episode was insane, and the woman telling her story was hilarious.
    I watched that episode and was creeped out by it. That show is disturbing.

Okay, is it a sad thing that I have seen every episode of every show mentioned in this thread? I need to start watching some comedies or something...nevermind. Those can be tragedies themselves.

Am watching Dateline NBC. They are taking a 1 hour show and stretching it out to 2. All the commercials breaks are making this very hard to watch.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Oh it's on Netflix?? Hello Forensic Files, goodbye productive weekend.

^Yes! It's a miracle if I ever saw one. I've watched most of the first season in the past two days. it's snowing tonight so my plans got cancelled and I'm so happy because it means more Forensic Files lol
    Last edited by Brah; January 3rd, 2015 at 08:30 PM.

Syd

We watch Forensic files every night because the narrators' voices are so soothing. I can only imagine what someone would think if they heard us, "Honey, I'm going to brush my teeth, you go ahead turn our murder on".
    sprynkles likes this.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post
    We watch Forensic files every night because the narrators' voices are so soothing. I can only imagine what someone would think if they heard us, "Honey, I'm going to brush my teeth, you go ahead turn our murder on".

There is only one narrator and his name is Peter Thomas.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information