Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Flowers in the Attic

I hope Netflix gets this soon...

I agree. There is a TON of details and shit that goes down in each book. Two hours isn't going to cut it!

Watched them both back to back last night and have to say, entertainingly campy. I forgot about Julian! It's been ages since I read the books.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

The details were ruined. They ROONED it! It begins with a funeral? Paul's funeral? NO! That is not how it happened! They made Cathy a weak little bitch who had to resort to pretty much maiming Yolanda to get a part in Romeo and Juliet? NO! That is NOT how it happened! I could go on for days... but let's just stick with "They ROOOOOOOOONED it!"
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Oh, that sucks, Mel! I started reading the series again and I will start the Petals book this weekend. If they are going to do it,...at least get the damn story straight!!

Bluebonnet likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Isn't "If There Be Thorns" coming up soon on Lifetime?

They'll ROON that one too!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Yeah man and the implication that Chris and Cathy never once hooked up in the ten years they were out and then after Papa Paul (Oh Daddy to Cathy?) bit the big one, they hit like it's hard is a bit hard to swallow. (I really could have re-phrased a lot of that sentence.) What they should have done is jumped ahead the ten years still, but have the movie a revenge drama, with flashbacks to Cathy's past so you could still get Julian and Chris. would have allowed for way more camp and scenes with Corinne and Grandma.

Side note - I re-read the book a couple of weeks ago and just realized how hypocritical Cathy was when she got all snarky with Julian (rightfully so) and said she knew about his perversion for school girls. Wasn't she in high school when she was boning her adopted dad? I'm so shocked. VC Andrews does tend to drop things like a sledge hammer on the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Isn't "If There Be Thorns" coming up soon on Lifetime?

They'll ROON that one too!
    Yeah one of the trailers had that both that one and "Seeds of Yesterday" are coming in 2015 but I dunno, the ratings were pretty abysmal for this latest one vs. Flowers in the Attic. The last 2 books are total drags. The only somewhat intriguing part is seeing what a nut job Cathy has become through her son's eyes. What Chris finds addicting seems batshit (i.e. Cathy randomly bringing home kids to adopt, dancing up in the attic where she's STORING BEDS). I think she gets it together by the last book but the story for them is over by then anyways.

They should re-do Petals and do it right, dammit.

Elite Member

Just watched this tonight. Heather Graham didn't disappoint...she still completely sucked. Liked this Cathy better, but this was not Petals on the Wind.

Another part that was corny, was when Carrie killed herself with rat poison, they find her lying in her pink bed all pretty like Sleeping Beauty.
    tulip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Another part that was corny, was when Carrie killed herself with rat poison, they find her lying in her pink bed all pretty like Sleeping Beauty.
    She just needed her brother to kiss her awake.
    tulip likes this.

Well I knew it was gonna be a shit show but damn.

1. Paul's dead and we just glossed over the fact that Cathy was boning him.
    2. They acted like Cathy and Chris didn't hook back up for 10 years and then it was like yeah let's do it and it was great.
    3. Making it look like Cathy had Julian sabotage Yolanda.
    4. Julian straight up dying in the accident.
    5. Chris having a fiance.
    6. Carrie being a freak at 5'3. I mean they couldn't find a little person??? She was supposed to be 4'6.
    7. Carrie dying and no one cares because you didn't have time to care.
    8. Bart still had no mustache.
    9. The whole Cathy was just using Bart. She did at the beginning but was "in love" with him by the end.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton more shit I was pissed about. I mean it seemed like a great idea at the time for these to get done but it is just all so wrong.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Don't hire a paunchy actor to play the part of a professional ballet dancer and then show him with his shirt off.

YES!!! The sequels have arrived and let's face it, they're going to be hilariously trashy but the nostalgic factor will be through the roof for people who were massive fans of the series and read them as kids and then maybe again.....this year *cough*. Anyhoo, they can't be as bad as "Petals" right? Observe:
    Bluebonnet likes this.

^^ that is older bad boy Bart by the way. Bart is a total sadistic nutcase as a kid and carries it over as an adult but apparently with killer abs. See, banging your stepdad as revenge to your mother who locks you away in an attic and feeds you arsenic-laced donuts has no fall out.

Oh right and there's a preview that combines IF There Be Thorns and Seeds of Yesterday (one comes out Apr 5, the other Apr 12) and has a gloriously atrocious cover song as a backdrop to more abs, tits, brother-banging, Heather Graham in a veil and a demented little kid. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS I'M SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS DESPITE MY SNARKERY

gas_chick likes this.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information