Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Sopranos' episodes

A*O

I just watched series 6 again to get up to speed. Sorry to say I think this whole thing is running out of steam so the last series is probably about due. What the hell was the Carmella In Paris shit? How much did it cost to schlepp the cast and crew over to Paris to film Carm and Ro wandering around Paris looking at the pretty buildings?? WTF??

I know the NY crew are deciding which of Tony's boys to whack and I think it will be Christopher. He's the heir-apparent to the empire, blood related and Tony refers to him as his 'brother'. He's also back on the drugs and vulnerable. Phil is still VERY pissed off about Tony B whacking his brother.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I don't know, I kind of liked the Paris stuff. I thought it was an interesting contrast to take these two Jersey babes into a different world. After all, Tony and boys have been to Italy often enough.

Elite Member

^^I agree PB. the episodes in italy were really great actually, i forget which season that was though. also, i dont think chris is on drugs anymore. they kind of dropped that storyline with him and julianna marguiles pretty quickly and w/out a real end.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Can someone PLEASE tell me who keeps knocking off the NY gang members? I'm totally lost on this whole thing and it seems like every episode a member dies and I have no clue why! I must've missed something somewhere.
    Phil has ordered it, that's my understanding anyway.

^^Since Johnny Sac died, Phil's trying to get control of his family, and knocking off anyone that may be in front of him.

I thought Phil didn't want to be in control "because of his heart"?
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

A*O

Phil is a Very Angry SOB and he wants revenge. For him it's personal. Christopher Moltisanti RIP.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I think Phil is going for a big revengeful bloodbath.

And Paulie is pumping up for a showdown with T if T doesn't get him first & for no other reason then T is still pissed about the "General Painting" that Paulie had hanging in his living room way back when. Also, Paulie's rambling on about the old days are getting on T's nerves big-time....T's having thoughts about offing him, but I guess sentimentality sets in & keeps him from doing it.
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic515_3.gif

Elite Member

^^who wants to see gangsters mad about some old guy ranting about the past? BORING.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah it is a bit; but its a different kind of drama. its not like the formulaic shit you find on the networks where everthing wraps up nicely in a perfect package under an hour.
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; April 26th, 2007 at 03:44 PM.

I didn't think it was boring at all! I was wondering when someone was going to tell Paulie to STFU already. He talks too much and it's only a matter of time before he lets some shit slip that gets his ass whacked. How long have you been watching this show?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

me? i been watching it almost from the begining but of couse I've seen that first season now since then and its funny b/c in the first few episodes Tony didnt even have the north NJ accent and he was a tiny bit less of a big ole pig. But great action packed episodes nonetheless.

The HBO dramas are definetly a bit slower than other shows though and thats because they dont only show scenes that have to do with plots; they show "filler"/everyday common stuff too, like stuff that happens in your real life. -nonsensical conversations you have with the guy behind the counter of a deli, stepping in a pile of dog shit, witnessing a fender bender, laughing at a funny tv show = all stuff thats just part of normal life but doesn't make or break your day or a decision you have to make or something like that. Y'all follow?!

Actually I was talking to the one (Sunshine) who made the "boring" comment.

But I find viewing even the everyday run-of-the-mill shit from the perspective of the characters I've grown to love (or at least get a kick out of) entertaining.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ yeah it definetely is; you learn about the person/character that way. I think that when HBO (or the writers anyway) tried to mess with this on Six Feet Under is when the show shot to shit and they havent done that since. Six Feet Under was a really interesting and entertaining show until the plots/storylines started getting a little too crazy and/or whacky and then they lost me. I honestly couldnt watch the last 2 seasons b/c it was like watching Passions almost! It was like everytime I watched I would say, "Yeah right! That would never happen!!".

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

you learn about the person/character that way
    Exactly...all that background stuff just makes the story richer. And I know alot of people didn't like part 1 of season 6 but I actually did. I love the different pace of it and all the dream sequences. I just love the show completely and utterly.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information