Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: "Feud" - Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford, Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis - coming to FX

I was so happy when Mamacita took off. She was too good to Joan. I love how that scene played out, because for one second I thought she wasn't going to go through with it, and then she did. I was so happy for her.

I do feel a little bad for Joan though, because I really think she had no way in the world to know how to function or behave like a normal human being.
    Bluebonnet, Wisher2 and panic like this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

And when she tried to seduce that doctor! She thought she was still hot, I guess.
    Waterslide and Wisher2 like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Ugh, that was so embarrassing. So much about Joan's behavior just makes me cringe. I think there are a lot of people like her still populating Hollywood, but they get better therapy and/or they hide it better. She never knew how to function outside of being beautiful, sexy, and famous.
    Bluebonnet and Wisher2 like this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

czb

^^^ i have not yet seen yesterday's episode.

but that behavior in joan does not surprise me, it sounds like she sexual 'relationship' with her stepdad when she was young? she described it as a relationship, but in today's world it would be called rape.
    Waterslide, Wisher2 and panic like this.

Yes, she definitely, at least as far as this telling of her life goes, seems like someone who was a victim of childhood sexual abuse, including the oversexualized behaviors. I like the scene where she tells Bette that and Bette is stunned almost into silence.
    Last edited by Waterslide; April 17th, 2017 at 08:07 PM.
    czb and Wisher2 like this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Crazy when Bette revealed that she hid and heard Jack Warner comment That she had no sex appeal and "Who would eff her!?". Joan hitting on the doctor....cringe!

Wwas actually paying attention to the credits and Helen Hunt directed!

The look behind the curtain is so fascinating to me and like I said before I bet it is really no different today. Betty was not an unattractive woman IMO. Sad that Joan screwed up so badly by boycotting the picture due to her own insecurities.

The finale is next week and it won't end on a high note I'm sure.
    Wisher2 and JazzyGirl like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Bronze Member

Love this show! The cast is well placed and the acting is superb.
    czb likes this.
    I'm Wisher, new & improved version.

I just watched the finale and it was great, just like the entire series. I had zero knowledge of either of these actresses or WHTBJ, but really enjoyed this. I think anything Ryan Murphy touches turns out excellent.
    Bluebonnet, SHELLEE and panic like this.

Just watched the final and it actually brought tears to my cold dead heart. I shall miss it.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Loved this show so much. Sad that it's over

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Just watched the final and it actually brought tears to my cold dead heart. I shall miss it.
    Mine too! So sad that Joan's whole identity was her looks and her fame. Bette was a tough old heifer. I remember seeing her on The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson around 1987 and she said something that was funny and the audience laughed. Well, she turned and gave the audience this evil look and turns to Johnny and asks, "Why are they laughing at me?!" Johnny who was always poised and cool seemed taken aback. He had to convince her that no one was laughing AT her.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

fgg

i guess i'm alone in thinking it was boring as hell. we put it on in the background while we surfed the web.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I knew this last episode was gonna make me cry and it did. When Joan was talking about the things she did as a young woman to fit into the Hollywood mold it just pissed me off and we all know it is still going on to this day but her basically dying alone just got me in the gut.
    SHELLEE, Bluebonnet and panic like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I knew this last episode was gonna make me cry and it did. When Joan was talking about the things she did as a young woman to fit into the Hollywood mold it just pissed me off and we all know it is still going on to this day but her basically dying alone just got me in the gut.
    I wonder if there was a record of some sort of her having that episode before she died episode and imagining guests over., or if the idea it was just a dramatic liberty taken for the series. It seems that Mamacita would have been the only witness.

Does anyone one recall Bette speaking at an awards show in her much later years and they cut off her mic for rambling on? We were all horrified that someone made that decision...and after watching this series it pisses me off that they did that to her. Iirc the Hollywood community was not happy that it happened either. Yes, it was post stroke and she was rambling...but dang it was freaking Bette Davis!

i'll have to search later and see if I can find anything on that. I'm curious if I am remembering it correctly!
    Last edited by JazzyGirl; April 26th, 2017 at 07:20 AM.
    gas_chick and panic like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information