Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Disney classic?

Robinhood, because of Lady Cluck tackling the bad guys, Friar Tuck's "No-good King John" song, Snake getting walloped by Little John...sigh, so many happy memories!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    Robinhood, because of Lady Cluck tackling the bad guys, Friar Tuck's "No-good King John" song, Snake getting walloped by Little John...sigh, so many happy memories!
    Hey, who's DRIVING this flying umbrella!?!
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

God, I love them all. I'm such a big Disney fan.
    If I had to pick a favorite old school animation classic I guess I'd go with Cinderella, maybe The Little Mermaid, idk idk!
    Of the Pixar movies I LOVE Toy Story.

The only one I really don't care for is Bambi. I've seen it once and once was enough.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

for me, as an adult, Lion King.

Cinderella, but its with Leslie Anne Warren and Stuart Damon. is that Disney?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Cinderella. Hands down my favorite.

The Little Mermaid. Still love it today as much as I did when I was younger.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I love Lion King and Dumbo. Who can't help but bawl their eyes out when Dumbo's mommy is locked up and she cradles Dumbo with her trunk and rocks him back and forth? Geez.... you practically need therapy after that scene.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I love Lion King and Dumbo. Who can't help but bawl their eyes out when Dumbo's mommy is locked up and she cradles Dumbo with her trunk and rocks him back and forth? Geez.... you practically need therapy after that scene.
    Hahahaha. Speaking of movie-induced therapy. My mom took me to see Watership Down when I was two. She thought it was going to be a cute cartoon movie about bunnies. She obviously didn't read the book, because she would've known about the bunny slaughter. Rumor has it I freaked the fuck out.

And I know it was the 70's and all that, but did the movie people really think that was a good idea?

"Alice in Wonderland"

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Fantasia blew me away when I first saw it and will continue to blow me away.
    same here. i loved it as a kid and i loved it even more as a teenager watching it stoned. same goes for alice in wonderland and peter pan that are just two of my favourite stories ever. those are my absolute faves but i also love sleeping beauty, snow white, bambi and 101 dalmatians.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love the Disney/Pixar films--all of them. They are absolutely perfect. I'm especially fond of Toy Story, and A Bug's Life, and Finding Nemo.

As for the others, I love Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Mulan....most of them are really excellent. I think Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty) is hella handsome, but Princess Aurora is a freakin' dope. I love Jasmine, but her voice is grating.

Mulan is one of my favorites of the recent releases, and Lady & the Tramp is a favorite as well.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I just can't choose, there are too many amazing ones. I guess if pressed I'd have to say Fantasia (classic) and The Little Mermaid (recent).

They're all excellent. My top five are probably:

-The Lion King
    -Peter Pan
    -Beauty and the Beast
    -Aladdin
    -The Little Mermaid

The Lion King and The Little Mermaid both had great soundtracks. I always liked Beauty and the Beast because Belle reminded me of myself (brunette, loved to read). Peter Pan was the classic that I watched over and over again. And Aladdin was just a fun, exciting movie.

The only ones I can think of off the top of my head that I didn't care for are Mulan and Pocahontas.

Gold Member

My faves have always been The Jungle Book, Robin Hood and The Aristocats.

Therapy? Try having your parents tell you that Pop Pop shot Bambi's mother! I'm not sure I have that picked as a favorite.

Rumor has it (I think I saw a clip on The Jungle Book dvd) that The Aristocats is coming out on dvd soon. My son watched it all the time when he was about 18 months until he started getting into the Pixar films. Even still, if I put it in, he'll snuggle up and watch it at 4. If he does it when he's 14, well we'll have to see if the magic of Disney is that good, lol.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Sleeping Beauty, hands down.

Love the storyline and the fairies in the woods baking yummy food, the most romantic kiss of all the Disney movies, and the crazy ass loca that was Malefescent with her whacked out 'spindle." Bitch was crazy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information