Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Horror Movies

Default Re: Favorite Horror Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch
    For the record, The Exorcist makes me PISS myself with fear. I even bought it so I could force myself to watch it and get over my phobia and face my fears and be an ADULT, GODDAMMIT! But nope, I'm still scared shitless of it.
    I KNOW!!!! I haven't even bought it yet, though I do want to, but somehow I can't bring myself to do it. It's my all time fave, most scary, horror movie that I do go watch each time it's on the tube, but God, it still scares the hell out of me, even knowing all the tricks behind it. Did you ever visit the website on the movie? It has that voice of Mercedes McCambridge (the Devil) and I didn't know it when I first visited, so again I was scared shitless the moment I entered the site!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Audition was one of the freakiest films I ever saw. But my favourite was probably 'The Last Horror Movie'

Grubbily authentic and shockingly brutal, The Last Horror Movie is one sick little puppy. A micro-budget Brit horror pic about ordinary madness caught on camcorder, it takes reality TV to the limit and beyond. Silver-tongued serial killer Max (Kevin Howarth) invites us to watch as he shoots a fly-on-the-wall documentary about his working practices. Billed as "an intelligent film about murder", it's a snuff movie showcase of Max's greatest hits overlaid with his suave, amoral commentary about the nature of killing.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL
    I KNOW!!!! I haven't even bought it yet, though I do want to, but somehow I can't bring myself to do it. It's my all time fave, most scary, horror movie that I do go watch each time it's on the tube, but God, it still scares the hell out of me, even knowing all the tricks behind it. Did you ever visit the website on the movie? It has that voice of Mercedes McCambridge (the Devil) and I didn't know it when I first visited, so again I was scared shitless the moment I entered the site!
    No, I haven't and I'm not too eager to, either. Still quite the chickenshit.

You know that old email/visual trick where they ask you to find the difference between two identical pictures of peaceful fjords and valleys, so you stare at the thing and then they spring the Exorcist girl picture to freak you out?

When my husband did that to me thinking it would be funny, I got so hysterical I pummeled him good in a fit of tears from being so scared. He now knows The Exorcist is off limits for jokes with me. It's ridiculous, I know, but hey...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch
    Rosemary's Baby made me laugh, especially with the roomful of old people chanting satanic things. They look so confused and just NOT BELIEVABLE OR SCARY AT ALL, I can't help but imagine them all as old retirees they scouted from South Florida to be in this movie.
    HAIL SATAN! I watched it yesterday morning.

I definitely have to agree with the Shining and the Exorcist. The first Nightmare on Elm Street scared the caca out of me!! I can't remember any more at the moment, even though I know there's tons. When I worked at a video store as a teen, I tried to make it through all of the horror movies alphabetically, but I only made it about a quarter of the way through before I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove
    A Tale of Two Sisters!

Hell yeah! This is one of my favorites also, very good story.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss
    I love, love, love, love, LOVE House of 1000 Corpses. Seriously. LOVE. The remake of Dawn of the Dead is up there, The Omen, and I'll come back when I remember another.
    I haven't seen House of 1000 Corpses yet, I saw The Devil's Rejects this weekend and I LOVED it. I'm gonna watch House of 1000 Corpses next weekend but I'm worried I won't like it as much, it got a lower rating on IMDB but that doesn't mean much...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    Audition was one of the freakiest films I ever saw. But my favourite was probably 'The Last Horror Movie'
    Yeah Audition is pretty disturbing.

Another one of my faves is The Hills Have Eyes. Has anyone seen High Tension? I think it's the same director. High Tension is really good too if you have the stomach for it.

Has anyone seen Hostel? I can't decide if I want to see that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki
    I love horror movies! My favs:

House of 1000 corpses (until about the last half hour)
    Original Chainsaw massacre and 03 Chainsaw
    Devils Rejects
    the first Sleep Away Camp and
    Saw II
    Tiki I love your avatar! I thought Saw was better than Saw II, but I love them both!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by khaebs
    Has anyone seen Hostel? I can't decide if I want to see that or not.
    If you like gore, then see it. Lots of really gross scenes. Also lots of T&A that I could've done without but overall, I liked it.

I'm going to butt in so everyone can see hot sexxay Otis in mine.
    2 years...

I'm going to butt in so everyone can see hot sexxay Otis in mine.
    I was wondering if that was Otis, he wasn't recognizable to me, maybe that's a clip from the movie I didn't see? But yeah, he does have a sexiness to him. I like his voice and his body is hawt.

I want Otis to rape me.
    2 years...

I've seen hostel.. it'll make you squirm for about 3/4 of it.. i got tense and hid behind a pillow.

Sadly, it gets kinda stupid near the end.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

I want Otis to rape me.

Whaaaat, SVZ, I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    I've seen hostel.. it'll make you squirm for about 3/4 of it.. i got tense and hid behind a pillow.

Oooh boy, I'm trying to imagine that!
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok

This movie was pretty stupid. The only movie that has even been able to scare and do date I still can't watch is The Exorcist. The newest Texas Chainsaw Massacre was also pretty intense.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphycnan
    This movie was pretty stupid. The only movie that has even been able to scare and do date I still can't watch is The Exorcist. The newest Texas Chainsaw Massacre was also pretty intense.
    I agree about The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Jessica Biel), it was hard for me to watch.
    I have seen the Exorcist and it scared me but I can't really explain why it scared me so much. There is a difference between scary, disturbing, and shocking, and it seems most days horror movies are the latter. It's rare that one will truly scare me anymore.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information