Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite 80's show

Default Re: Favorite 80's show

^ I do! I stayed up late, and cranked up the volume on my tv, and danced like a wild thing around my house. Good times!
    Rock the fuck on!

KD
    Elite Member

Roseanne, hands down!!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    OMG, was that the show where they'd rip their faces off and be green underneath?! I remember seeing that shit and having nightmares forever about it.
    That's the one I wasn't allowed to watch it because of all the graphic stuff, so I'd watch it on tape at my friend's house, and run home in the dark scared half to death that an alien'd snatch me right off the street.

And, I loved those abc afterschool specials, but I can't recall a single show. I also like Voltron, Transformers, G-Force Battle of the Planets and The Smurfs.

Quote Originally Posted by olliebee
    And, I loved those abc afterschool specials, but I can't recall a single show.
    The one I remember best had Helen Hunt snorting angel dust and flinging herself out a window like 5 seconds later. There was also a good one with Scott Baio. I think it was teaching the dangers of smoking pot and he accidentally whacks his brother in the head with an oar and kills him. Good stuff.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

I remember that one with Helen Hunt! She's at school, standing in a classroom I believe, and then goes all 'arrrgghghhhhhh!!!!' and hurls herself right out the window, glass a shattering everywhere. I really wish they'd re-air these little gems on TV Land or Nickelodeon.

Quote Originally Posted by olliebee
    My favorites were nbc family sitcoms like Family Ties, Different Strokes, Facts of Life and Silver Spoons (insane crush on Rick Schroder!). I stayed up every Saturday to watch The Love Boat and Fantasy Island. And an obscure sci-fi show on cbs called Otherworld which lasted only 8 episodes. And can't forget about the series "V" which was based on the mini-series (aliens gulping down birds, and feasting on humans, yum!).
    I loved Silver Spoons and Ricky (Rick) Schroeder. Especially since he had a Duran Duran poster on his bedroom wall on the show, and I was major John Taylor groupie. I had the best of both worlds there!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Silver Member

Pee-wee, thundercats, she-ra, silver hawks, transformers, he-man, mr. t, super mario bros. super show, rock 'n' wrestling so many good cartoons from back in the day lol...sure miss being a kid

i watched sitcoms with my mom too, like night court and gimme a break

eighties wrestling was like GOD to me too back in the day

WKRP in Cincinnati
    Soap
    Knots Landing
    Silver Spoons
    ALF

This is bad, but I still remember the days and times these shows were on.

Dallas, CBS, Friday 8pm CST.
    ALF, NBC, Monday 7pm CST.

I could go on and on.

How bad is that?!?!?!?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Different Strokes, A Team, Little House on the Prairie (<-- is this 70's or 80's show?)
    I don't remember much of them though cuz I was still a little kiddie in the 80's.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

It's both, moomies. LHOTP started in 1974 and ended a decade later.

OMG! I can't believe I remembered that.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111
    WKRP in Cincinnati
    Soap
    Knots Landing
    Silver Spoons
    ALF

This is bad, but I still remember the days and times these shows were on.

Dallas, CBS, Friday 8pm CST.
    ALF, NBC, Monday 7pm CST.

I could go on and on.

How bad is that?!?!?!?

I remember times too!! Simon & Simon was on Thursdays at 9 (right after Magnum). Dallas Friday!

And I totally forgot about WKRP!! Possibly one of the funniest sitcoms and so unappreciated. My fave episode: When Mama Carlson hires a 'radio doctor' to come in and make improvements, and has to observe the staff. So the staff completely changes their personalites, just to screw w/Mama Carlson. Herb Tarlick actually worked! Bailey was a druggie! Jennifer was the ditzy blond. IT WAS HILARIOUS and I am totally not doing it justice.
    Golden Girls too!!!

Oh. Let's not forget Head Bangers Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD
    I remember times too!! Simon & Simon was on Thursdays at 9 (right after Magnum). Dallas Friday!

And I totally forgot about WKRP!! Possibly one of the funniest sitcoms and so unappreciated. My fave episode: When Mama Carlson hires a 'radio doctor' to come in and make improvements, and has to observe the staff. So the staff completely changes their personalites, just to screw w/Mama Carlson. Herb Tarlick actually worked! Bailey was a druggie! Jennifer was the ditzy blond. IT WAS HILARIOUS and I am totally not doing it justice.
    Golden Girls too!!!

I know work at a TV station. We always make WKRP references because they are so true! I wonder if it's out on DVD because I would buy it.

^^Oh my god I would too!! If it's not out on DVD, it will be someday! Good stuff!! Thanks for reminding me of it!

If I had to pick, my all-time favorite 80s show would probably have to be Jem. I've got the theme song on my mp3 player. Do they have a boxset of that?

Oh wait, maybe it's Voltron. Voltron rocked. Family Ties was awesome too. The Cosby Show, we never missed that. Small Wonder was fun. Ah damn. We can only pick one show?

Was Captain Planet 80s or 90s? *sings* "Captain Planet, he's our hero. Gonna take pollution down to zero. He's our powers magnified and he's fighting on the planet's side. blah blah blah THE POWER...IS YOOOOOUUURRRRS!"

I may have some of those words wrong. I think there were a couple of sections of the lyrics that my sister and I just made up because were really weren't sure what they were saying. It would totally ruin all of the fun if we learned the proper lyrics now.

AyanEva

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information