Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Empire - on Fox

Yeah, I'm afraid they're overdoing the guest stars at the expense of character and plot development and continuity. I loved this show soooo much last year, but these first two episodes felt a little flat to me. I need to see Cookie kick ass, not just spout off one-liners. Anita too... when did she lose the ability to give almost as good as she gets? Plus, Jamal's being an ass - and worse, a tortured ass, and I just don't understand his motivation.

As far as the jailhouse rap, I found it embarrassingly awkward. The supporting guys were great, but Howard's rhythm was not in the pocket, and I thought he was cringe-worthy. He just looked old and silly to me, and I never really thought of him as old before. I think only the Rolling Stones have the ability to look 'current' - Mick Jagger, because he doesn't really look much different - he was always skinny and sort of fascinatingly creepy-hot, and the rest of the band because they've looked like cadavers for the last thirty years.

The only part that piqued my interest was the scene with Andre and Lucious. What is the story there? Is Andre Lucious' kid? That has some potential, I think.

Also, I need my mouthy assistant fix from GS and whoever plays Cookie's PA. I love their sass, and how well they know the players, because that was my career back in the day, and it brings back fond memories. I was lucky enough to work for and with some of the most powerful, brilliant, mega-moguls in the world, and I had opinions on just about everything. Which I felt compelled to share, lol. Fortunately, over the course of my career, the majority not only accepted that trait, but encouraged it. I think I provided entertainment more than any brilliance, because, honestly, the foibles, bordering on lunacy, of many of the rich, famous, and grasping made them easy targets for my snarky sense of the ridiculous. And in that rarefied atmosphere, a lot of people seem to lose their damn minds. They seriously become so detached from reality, and their thinking so skewed, that they become delicate, entitled, flowers, parodies of the image of themselves that exist in their own little pea brains, or just flat-out monsters. And to be honest, in the entertainment industry, the actors were a piece of cake compared to executives, producers and some directors. The tantrums, phones torn out of the wall, screaming tirades at people so far down the totem pole they had no chance of rebutting the most irrational instructions or recriminations were appalling. I was insulated from most of this horrific behavior, because I always worked for the chairman/owner, (and I chose my employers very carefully - they were all lovely, lovely bosses), so even the most vile weasels treated me with smarmy kid gloves. What they of course didn't realize was all the behavior, scenes, and abuse that I shared with my bosses over morning coffee or a late working dinner in the office. What can I say, I was in my twenties and a bit of a firebrand,,, as well as a classic champion of the underdog.

And.... I've written another opus, and one that I'm a little embarrassed about: I don't usually talk about this kind of stuff in any depth. Although I never signed a confidentiality agreement, these men were, each and every one, always lovely to me, and to my family. They treated me with a respect, warmth, and humor that demonstrated quite clearly the standard of courtesy I was expected to be shown by the flowers, lunatics and monsters from both within and without the companies involved. They introduced me to world leaders, human rights icons, even royalty. (Talk about bat-shit crazy, lol. Nice, just bloody in-bred nutters!) I've maintained a casual contact with all three over the years and still have a fierce loyalty to each of them, and to their privacy. Maybe I'd feel differently if they had been nasty leches or something, but being a PA gives you an pretty intimate knowledge of the people you work for, both in and out of their homes, and I feel it would be an unpardonable breech of trust to divulge any identifying information. So that's why, even though I obviously love gossip, the juicier the better, I'm very cautious about what little snippets I feel I can share.

OMG. Feel free to ridicule the length of my recent posts. I'm confined to bed for a few days if I want to avoid the hospital, and I'm bored spitless. I've done about a thousand Sudoku, watched as much TV as I can take, and color-coded my pens, pencils, and markers. I've re-read Pride and Prejudice and This Sceptered Isle for probably the twentieth time each, and now I've come here, and apparently have tons to share. I'm not really in a state of mind or health to evaluate whether my thoughts are of interest or just inane babbling, but as I lean toward the latter opinion, my heartfelt apologies.

^No apology needed. Hope you're up and out of bed soon.

I like the little celeb guest appearances. Chris Rock kicked my ass. I want Marisa's character to come back once in a while.

Not that the show needs them. I'm content to just watch cookie give 'em hell.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

It seems like Marisa should be back. I hope so, she was a hoot and I like seeing Boo Boo Kitty squirm because she can't dyke right.
    msdeb likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

"The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I'd actually like Courtney Love to come back. One of her songs from last season "Walk Out on Me" has become one of my favorites, even my 15yo likes it.

I mean 16yo, his birthday was this past Saturday.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I loved when Courtney was on it and I thought she would be a recurring character. Disappointed that was her only episode, I expected a story line out of that. That was a good tune too.

Poor Andre, he just cannot do right by Lucious...and Valentina defecting to Empire?!? I hope somehow, Cookie ends up signing the rapper girl Lucious is so eager to sign to his label.

i'm so not loving this season yet. The last 5 minutes of tonights epi gives me hope though.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

luscious undercuts cookie again. one of these days she will get the upper hand and control it all.

I love freda gatz!

loved when cookie told the girl group to drop and give her 20.

the previews for next week looked good with cookie in the police car, "if I die in police custody, I did not commit suicide!"

the prosecutor is so annoying, she acts more like a soap opera actress than a prosecutor.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post

the prosecutor is so annoying, she acts more like a soap opera actress than a prosecutor.
    she's the over actor of the year.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    she's the over actor of the year.
    Both she and her titties are the overactors of the year:

msdeb likes this.

tonights show was much better. but my favorite part of the night was at the end. Vernon's corpse in that bitches car was awesome.
    I'mNotBitter and panic like this.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That was fun seeing Vernon again and I was really happy that Cookie found a way to get control of the radio stations out of Lucious' hands again. That was quite brilliant.

ITA that the lady playing the DA sucks.

Loved that dead thing in the prosecutor's car. haha

If that thing was in my car when I got in I'd shit.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information